+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Prep Season 2020

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Prep Season 2020

You’re one sharp tack. Yes, less than Navy.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    You’re one sharp tack. Yes, less than Navy.
    Good smart ass reply...I like it!

But, you were the one to make it a point of "less passing than Navy." Knowing they average just 5 passes per game, there is not much room for "less passing." And so, what represents "less" passing? Does this team average 3 passes per game? Seems to me the point could have been made with "this team runs an offense similar to Navy's." Anyone possessing any knowledge of football at all would know what that means...practically NO passing.

But, carry on. And please always send zingers my way. I relish it.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Lol. In other words I’d love to see this flexbone team pass more. Especially when your fullback has a passing arm.
    ;-)

happy I could get a rise out of one of my fav posters.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Best of luck to your son. Most importantly, as you know, he needs to get a good education and ENJOY THE HECK OUT OF HIS YEARS OF PLAYING COLLEGE FOOTBALL. It absolutely flies by and then you end as an old dude asking "what the heck happened to the years!?" Relish your college days...make everyday the best it can be. And ENJOY playing your sport. That's my unsolicited advice to your son and to everyone playing sports in college.

Best wishes...

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Best of luck to your son. Most importantly, as you know, he needs to get a good education and ENJOY THE HECK OUT OF HIS YEARS OF PLAYING COLLEGE FOOTBALL. It absolutely flies by and then you end as an old dude asking "what the heck happened to the years!?" Relish your college days...make everyday the best it can be. And ENJOY playing your sport. That's my unsolicited advice to your son and to everyone playing sports in college.

Best wishes...
    Thank you long-time acquaintance! He came home Thursday for the remainder of the semester, taking the last two weeks online. Harding has a fabulous coach, excellent D2 facilities (Indoor facility much nicer than many P5s) and, of course, a great school.

Thanks again.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Shaw forfeits due to Covid, JC moves on

Jesuit beat St. Paul's 35-6, so the Division 1 quarterfinals are set:

Jesuit @ Brother Martin
    Rummel @ Catholic-BR
    St. Augustine @ Byrd
    John Curtis @ Scotlandville

This marks the 4th time, since 2015 Rummel and C-BR have played in the playoffs. Catholic leads this series 2-1 in that time frame.

2015 State Championship game C-BR 31 Rummel 28 on a FG as time expired.
    2018 State semis C-BR 13 Rummel 10 on two 50+ yard FGs by their kicker, the second one in the final minute.
    2019 State Championship game Rummel 14 C-BR 10 on Kaufman's kickoff return with 2 mins left.

2020 State quarters ...expect another one-possession, down to the wire finish.

Other games, I'm predicting...

Martin
    Byrd
    Curtis

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Byrd leads St Aug 31-14 with 5min left in 4th

Division I Quarterfinals
    Catholic-BR 42, Rummel 35
    Brother Martin 34, Jesuit 32
    John Curtis 34, Scotlandville 14
    Byrd 31, St. Aug 14, Final

Rummel 35 Catholic-BR 42

If Byrd somehow manages to win the state championship, it will be well earned. Catholic League in 1st 2 games, and another or Catholic-BR in Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    If Byrd somehow manages to win the state championship, it will be well earned. Catholic League in 1st 2 games, and another or Catholic-BR in Championship.
    Yep! it's that way every year in Division I. No one "backs into" a state title at this level. The playoffs are usually tough. Heck, last year Rummel won it all finishing 13-0 but was nearly eliminated in the quarterfinals. We trailed St. Augustine 34-28 about a minute to go, and we were on our own 5 yard line. Went 95 yards in less than a minute to pull it out 35-34.

Last night our mediocre defense got gouged! Did have one unlucky turnover that set them up for an easy TD, but other than that, C-BR ran all over us. Since Division I was created, beginning with the 2013 season, there hasn't been a repeat champion. Well...

I think C-BR will beat Bro. Martin and the Byrd-Curtis game will be a close one, but I give the edge to Byrd. C-BR vs. Byrd in the Dome. Will be a great game. Two programs/schools I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for. Win or lose, both schools have pure class fanbases. Have had the pleasure of speaking with fans of both several times over the years.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Yep! it's that way every year in Division I. No one "backs into" a state title at this level. The playoffs are usually tough. Heck, last year Rummel won it all finishing 13-0 but was nearly eliminated in the quarterfinals. We trailed St. Augustine 34-28 about a minute to go, and we were on our own 5 yard line. Went 95 yards in less than a minute to pull it out 35-34.

Last night our mediocre defense got gouged! Did have one unlucky turnover that set them up for an easy TD, but other than that, C-BR ran all over us. Since Division I was created, beginning with the 2013 season, there hasn't been a repeat champion. Well...

I think C-BR will beat Bro. Martin and the Byrd-Curtis game will be a close one, but I give the edge to Byrd. C-BR vs. Byrd in the Dome. Will be a great game. Two programs/schools I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for. Win or lose, both schools have pure class fanbases. Have had the pleasure of speaking with fans of both several times over the years.
    Great high school football, no doubt! Have you heard how tickets are going to be distributed for the finals games? My son who is home from college would like to see Newman play, if they reach the finals. Arch Manning, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Great high school football, no doubt! Have you heard how tickets are going to be distributed for the finals games? My son who is home from college would like to see Newman play, if they reach the finals. Arch Manning, you know.
    No, haven't heard a thing, other than limiting attendance to 3,000/game which was announced a couple of weeks ago. And that was before your guvnar moved us from phase 3 to phase 2 (modified). Unfortunately, I have no reason to be concerned about attending.... I do hope, for the sake of the players, those kids, their families, and all those diehard, loyal fans that they have some common sense, leaning toward being accommodating, policy. The Dome is huge.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

No, haven't heard a thing, other than limiting attendance to 3,000/game which was announced a couple of weeks ago. And that was before your guvnar moved us from phase 3 to phase 2 (modified). Unfortunately, I have no reason to be concerned about attending.... I do hope, for the sake of the players, those kids, their families, and all those diehard, loyal fans that they have some common sense, leaning toward being accommodating, policy. The Dome is huge.
    I thought maybe you had started researching in hopes Rummel went all the way. In the past I have bought tickets in advance through a school who made the finals or the day of the game at the dome. I would like to attend a couple of games this season, but like you mentioned I would hate to knock a family member out of attendance, due to limitations. It's not just the governor, but the mayor is even more restrictive than the governor. If they allowed 25% to maybe 40% attendance anybody who wanted to see any game could with no worries.

+ Reply to Thread