+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LA Tech, LSU Make Schedule Changes

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

LA Tech, LSU Make Schedule Changes

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Due to the new NCAA Basketball start date and conflicting schedules, Louisiana Tech will now be travelling to Baton Rouge to face LSU in the Pete Maravich Assembly Center on Dec. 6 of this upcoming season.

More...

Discuss it here.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: LA Tech, LSU Make Schedule Changes

Is this game still a “benefit“ game? I see no mention of it in the story.

Could this “postponement” be because we don’t have an AD negotiating on our behalf right now? LA Tech should have asked the “Division 1 Council” (whoever the hell that is) for a one-day exception. This game —which (to my understanding) was supposed to benefit April 2019 tornado victims in North Louisiana— was originally scheduled for the evening of the 24th in Bossier. The “Council’s” mandate has apparently been established to begin recognizing games on the 25th.

Why couldn’t someone in leadership at LA Tech ask for a one-time, 24-hour exception? In fact, we could have proposed that this be the “kickoff” (or tip-off) game to start the 2020-2021 college basketball season. It’s a good cause, and the fact that it is a benefit game should have been strongly considered before cancelling or postponing the game.

By the way, My family and I just returned from spending the last week in Florida, and there was no sign of COVID restrictions anywhere, save for a few workers who were wearing masks in restaurants because their employers forced them to. But there’s no longer a mask mandate in effect in the state of Florida, and honestly, very, very, few people were wearing masks. Maybe 2% of the population wore masks.

I know it’s all political.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Benefit was exhibition in Ruston last year

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, so...WHY is the game being moved?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Benefit was exhibition in Ruston last year
    ....So, why were they playing at all in Bossier?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Okay, so...WHY is the game being moved?
    They are using the excuse of limited seating availability due to Covid. NCAA changed the start date of the season. I believe the game was originally scheduled the day before the new start date.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ....So, why were they playing at all in Bossier?
    I believe A third party is paying both teams. My guess is LSU didn’t want to play a regular season game in Ruston.

+ Reply to Thread