+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Delta

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Hurricane Delta

See forecasts of "dangerous storm surges," but haven't heard a peep out of our right honorable guvnar. Of course we all know "we dodged a bullet" again.

Just getting settled up with my insurance company for Laura's damage, and glad I haven't started any repairs, other than the necessary stuff. Might have more damaged tonight/tomorrow.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Hurricane Delta

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    See forecasts of "dangerous storm surges," but haven't heard a peep out of our right honorable guvnar. Of course we all know "we dodged a bullet" again.

Just getting settled up with my insurance company for Laura's damage, and glad I haven't started any repairs, other than the necessary stuff. Might have more damaged tonight/tomorrow.
    JBE decided to extend phase 3 due to the hurricane.

If you get damage from Delta will be a separate claim. Best to take pics of repairs you've already completed on the Laura claims.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

JBE held a press conference in the past hour. Said much of nothing...

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Hurricane Delta, in the parlance of our times, f’n sucks.

Hurricane Delta came ashore in the Louisiana delta...

we had 60mph gusts, but never lost power. Got a few texts from renters overnight about a few minor issues, but hopefully nothing major. Will find out shortly after the sun is up.

I do feel for the good folks in SW Louisiana...man, oh man.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

F’n sucks. And not just in SWLA.

Some friends in Alex flooded for the first time...

Folks from Cameron to Ouachita without power, again.

But, hey, not heat advisory conditions this time. Find a positive where ya can...

Hurricane Delta came ashore in the Louisiana delta...
    Cameron Parish ain’t exactly delta. But, that’s neither here nor there, really. Some folks in a bind out there, though.

Glad thing were no worse than that at your place.

How about "Fly the friendly skies of Delta" That work?

There are still power outages scattered across western, down to SW, Louisiana. Highways and roads remain closed due to flooding. Spoke to a business associate, DeRidder, says a tree took out a brand new powerline just strung a couple of weeks ago after Laura. Thing is, he and a neighbor begged, offered to pay, first the tree cutters, than the utility company to please top the leaning tree. Cut enough off the top that when it fell, it would miss the powerline. It was damaged by Laura, partially uprooted and was living on borrowed time. No one would. Of course Delta finished it off and now that entire road, community is without power...still.

Given my political pull, I was able to get some dangerous leaners and broken tops near my properties taken care of by city utilities. Didn't just benefit me, my renters, but all the nearby neighbors too. But, the city has started working on the silly Christmas lights and the utility department had to devote all its trucks and manpower placing temporary poles for the lights, etc.. Told the mayor and a few others it would be sensible to delay worrying about the lights and instead respond to all the dangerous situations instead. How quaint, was the consensus response. Of course Delta took down some of those leaners and broken tops (from Laura) and now they are having to deal with downed powerlines and, of course, a few of their Christmas light poles were also crushed...

But! nothing bad happened around my properties and all my rent houses never lost power. Guess I need to be like everyone else and just focus on my own interests. Be happy!!!

Louisiana is cancelling its subscription to the Hurricane of the Month Club.

Louisiana is cancelling its subscription to the Hurricane of the Month Club.
    The request to cancel was not received in time...Hurricane Zeta will hit Louisiana later this week. Sheesh!

It’s still pretty unbelievable in SWLA.

Cornerstone businesses are still closed or limited due to damage. Routine things like auto repair and government services like OMV can get you a trip to Alex or LFY, if you require a quick turnaround. Simple things like fast food joints or even street signs...gone...a damn mess.

And, yes, some folks are still in tents for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    It’s still pretty unbelievable in SWLA.

Cornerstone businesses are still closed or limited due to damage. Routine things like auto repair and government services like OMV can get you a trip to Alex or LFY, if you require a quick turnaround. Simple things like fast food joints or even street signs...gone...a damn mess.

And, yes, some folks are still in tents for Christmas.
    JBE has totally dropped the ball on this. It's not the New Orleans-Baton Rouge corridor so, who cares?

I have finally, and I mean finally, gotten a commitment from my contractors to start work on damage repair to my properties...after the 1st of the year. I have quite a bit of repairs needed...since Hurricane Laura in August...and the contractors have completed all contracts down in SW Louisiana. One of my guys, and his brother, have been sharing a tiny trailer for living quarters and are tired of it. Yeah...they feel for those folks down there, still so much work to be done. They actually feel guilty turning down work...roof repairs/replacements, for instance. But they are burned out!

I have told them, all of them...three separate contractors...my properties are stabilized, fences propped up, roofs temporarily "fixed", etc...no urgency for me. So, I have encouraged them to stay down there, keep working, helping people, making good money! But, as I said....burn out! Maybe after some months working from home! they will consider returning to work in SW La. Lord knows those folks can use the help.

JBE has totally dropped the ball on this. It's not the New Orleans-Baton Rouge corridor so, who cares?

I have finally, and I mean finally, gotten a commitment from my contractors to start work on damage repair to my properties...after the 1st of the year. I have quite a bit of repairs needed...since Hurricane Laura in August...and the contractors have completed all contracts down in SW Louisiana. One of my guys, and his brother, have been sharing a tiny trailer for living quarters and are tired of it. Yeah...they feel for those folks down there, still so much work to be done. They actually feel guilty turning down work...roof repairs/replacements, for instance. But they are burned out!

I have told them, all of them...three separate contractors...my properties are stabilized, fences propped up, roofs temporarily "fixed", etc...no urgency for me. So, I have encouraged them to stay down there, keep working, helping people, making good money! But, as I said....burn out! Maybe after some months working from home! they will consider returning to work in SW La. Lord knows those folks can use the help.
    Blaming JBE for the response to destruction of this unprecedented magnitude is ridiculous.

Just a reminder to some, but we’re getting it, down here, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    Blaming JBE for the response to destruction of this unprecedented magnitude is ridiculous.
    Blaming the chief executive for unprecedented events is in vogue...don't you know?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Blaming the chief executive for unprecedented events is in vogue...don't you know?
    Actually Trump caused the Hurricanes to hit and caused the climate change with all his fracking and cheap gasoline. Can't blame JBE or his sister LaToya for anything bad.

+ Reply to Thread