+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Suggestions for LA Tech Offense?

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Re: What's Your Suggestions for LA Tech Offense?

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    On this play, he watched the DE rush 5 yards in before even laying a hand on him to block. It was too late and Anthony got sacked because of #76 Rossell. Call it rusty, lack of practice, or whatever...he made some bad mistakes by purely not blocking.

Queued up the video to that spot...
    https://youtu.be/FSACG57jLWs?t=3242
    The problem on that play is the fact there was pressure on the middle, which caused Anthony to drop back into the rush rather than stepping up in the pocket.

And see my post above. Rossell wasn't ready to go. He went out there because he was all that was left.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    It was his first game back after being injured at Marshall last year. And he had to sit for over two weeks until just a day or two before the game Saturday due to virus issues. A full week of practice should do him and several others lots of good.

Campbell is scheduled to be back unless something happens this week. No word on Lewis on the radio show Monday night.
    More practice is not going to do that kid any good. He LITERALLY didn't touch the pass rusher across the LOS. In fact, he didn't even stand in the pass rushers way. I can only ask rhetorically, "What the F#@^ were you thinking?" Even worse, his fear left his fellow players EXPOSED.

A "player" like that makes me mad. I'm not sure we can salvage a guy who is apparently afraid of all contact, and willing to leave his teammates EXPOSED.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    To add to this, Skip said on the radio this morning that Rossell had gone through 2 foot surgeries after the injury a year ago. He was working his way back before having to sit for weeks because of covid. Hankinson also had to sit for 21 days because of covid and was cleared at the end of last week.

Skip apparently went to them on Friday night and asked them if they could go.

Both of them gave it everything they could.
    ^^^I would say that's highly, HIGHLY, questionable. Rossell gave the effort of a 6-yr old on THAT play.

FD and Historian: I respect you both very much. Your opinions matter to me. But you guys have got to quit supplying some of these players with an endless supply of excuses.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

A lot is dependent on the OL. There were many times in the past few games, I've seen our guys not block a single dude or get layed out on his back.

1:56:56 - UTEP rush 3 and got to Allen in the backfield. #76 Biron Rossell just sat there and blocked no one, letting a DE just run by him. Rewatching the game, Rossell had a terrible day.
    On this play, he watched the DE rush 5 yards in before even laying a hand on him to block. It was too late and Anthony got sacked because of #76 Rossell. Call it rusty, lack of practice, or whatever...he made some bad mistakes by purely not blocking.

Queued up the video to that spot...
    https://youtu.be/FSACG57jLWs?t=3242
    It's kinda worse because it's two different players you're showing here. The first example was actually #72 Christian Henderson. The second example was #76 Biron Rossell.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    It's kinda worse because it's two different players you're showing here. The first example was actually #72 Christian Henderson. The second example was #76 Biron Rossell.
    My bad, thanks for pointing out the jersey numbers! Either way, it's bad.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ^^^I would say that's highly, HIGHLY, questionable. Rossell gave the effort of a 6-yr old on THAT play.

FD and Historian: I respect you both very much. Your opinions matter to me. But you guys have got to quit supplying some of these players with an endless supply of excuses.
    I was just stating facts. That's still no excuse for performance, but I can understand if those two didn't find out until Friday they were either starting or going to get significant snaps. Can't get reps on Friday that were missed Monday-Thursday.

There is only one way to go (up). But they will be facing a much more stout defensive unit than UTSA provided last week.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Sounds like they werent even expecting to play.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Recruit better players that understand the game.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

More practice is not going to do that kid any good. He LITERALLY didn't touch the pass rusher across the LOS. In fact, he didn't even stand in the pass rushers way. I can only ask rhetorically, "What the F#@^ were you thinking?" Even worse, his fear left his fellow players EXPOSED.

A "player" like that makes me mad. I'm not sure we can salvage a guy who is apparently afraid of all contact, and willing to leave his teammates EXPOSED.
    Damn dude, don’t take it so personally. Biron Rossell may end up as a great tackle for our Dawgs. I can pull up one play of anyone in any sport and make them look like the worst player ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Damn dude, don’t take it so personally. Biron Rossell may end up as a great tackle for our Dawgs. I can pull up one play of anyone in any sport and make them look like the worst player ever.
    Never said I took it "personally". This is business. And Rossell looked a gigantic coward on that play. Yeah, it was only one play, but every play counts, and he left his guys unprotected. I watched the entire game, and unfortunately, I assure there were many other plays just as disastrous. You either care, or you don't. If you don't, that's fine, you're welcome to leave at half-time with the fraternities. I probably just have more passion about it than some do.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Never said I took it "personally". This is business. And Rossell looked a gigantic coward on that play. Yeah, it was only one play, but every play counts, and he left his guys unprotected. I watched the entire game, and unfortunately, I assure there were many other plays just as disastrous. You either care, or you don't. If you don't, that's fine, you're welcome to leave at half-time with the fraternities. I probably just have more passion about it than some do.
    You can care and be less callous. The situation these guys were put into isn’t exactly ideal. The guy coming off an injury was probably a bit over cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    You can care and be less callous. The situation these guys were put into isn’t exactly ideal. The guy coming off an injury was probably a bit over cautious.
    I'll put you down as no fan of our QB's and ball carriers, since you don't seem to care if they get assassinated 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Yes, I would say NOT TOUCHING ANYONE on the field was a little too cautious for an offensive lineman. Also, DURING THE GAME --on the UTEP game thread-- I pointed out that LG Joshua Mote went three straight plays on one possession without touching a soul, all while our QB was getting sacked and harassed. How do you even do that in the OL?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Ha! I love this place. HD is just a straight shooter!

The consolidation is that some of these tackles who got abused last week are young...RS Sophomores. You often give a guy a scholarship knowing he’s a project...especially at Tackle. These guys often show up too thin to play, but still uncoordinated. They need time to put on the weight and get their footwork down. Beginning your third year in the system, I would hope they would be ready, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. These may be their first meaningful snaps even in practice.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

What the hell did these players do while in High School? They must have done something on the field to get a scholarship.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Don't underestimate Holtz' influence in their screw-ups.

+ Reply to Thread