+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: 10/17 Tech @ Marshall (5 PM) - Game

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: 10/17 Tech @ Marshall (5 PM) - Game

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    UTSA's QB Narcese is probably out next week, some kind of leg injury. Harris did look kind of okay vs. Army when he came in. But none of that will matter. If I were UTSA I would turn those speedy DEs lose and tell them to just freelance...go kill our QB every play. As someone else mentioned, if an opponent really wanted to, and didn't mind an occasional lucky big play, they could bring the house and get 20 sacks against us.

I just can't see this team winning another game this month, @ UTSA and home to UAB. Two more 20-point type losses is very likely. The stubborn, die-hard fan in me keeps whispering...have hope, we'll get one of these. I knew it wouldn't be tonight, never had a chance to beat Marshall. (should have been more competitive though) UAB is a better team than UTSA, but we have to play in San Antonio. As it stands now, I think our best shot is on the road at UTSA next week.

Holtz sucks...
    I hope we beat UAB. Their fans are cocky, obnoxious azzholes.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I hope we beat UAB. Their fans are cocky, obnoxious azzholes.
    Kind of like the kid in the family that gets coddled and has everything handed to them. That is CUAB explained perfectly. When they play USL, I hope it ends in a tie haha

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    The one thing I’m wondering is if Holtz knows how big an idiot he is? Everything he does seems completely idiotic. From his player preparation to the game planning, the play calling... it’s all brainless!
    But hey, Holtz has lost a few pounds, and THAT'S apparently all he cares about.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Kind of like the kid in the family that gets coddled and has everything handed to them. That is CUAB explained perfectly. When they play USL, I hope it ends in a tie haha
    That's justice right there.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

MU was 13/16 on 3rd downs...and had 35+mins TOP. We ended with a whopping 7 yards rushing, but the 6 sacks are counted as "rushing yards," all negative of course. Not that we were tearing up running the ball anyway. This team has issues, starting at the top with Holtz, but the most glaring needs are the OL woes.

It is doubtful it would have mattered in the end, but Holtz's stupidity at the end of the 1st half rendered the outcome etched in stone. IF, big IF, we were gonna win that game, we had to score at the end of the 1st half...and then do something positive with the first possession of the 2nd half. We did neither. The play to call with 6 seconds left was a quick slant to Hardy, it was there for the taking. I could not believe MU was lined up like they were on defense. Hardy takes one step toward the corner, making the DB think he was running a corner route, then he runs a quick slant. Anthony throws it low, between Hardy's knees and waste, and it all happens in a matter of a few seconds. It is either a TD...and it was right there...or it's 4th down and we take the 3 pts, making it 14-6. A one possession game and we get the 2nd half kickoff.

As I say, winning that game last night was a tall order, but whatever chance we might have had...a puncher's chance...Holtz squandered with his bonehead call.
    Excellent observation. You are absolutely correct. The quick slant would have been the right call for that situation. I've been begging for us to throw the "quick slant" pass all season to offset the rush of these defenses, but we just won't do it. And opposing defenses know this, and they are exploiting it. We TRULY have dumbasses calling our plays. And I sincerely hope they are reading this right now!

+ Reply to Thread