+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former Lady Techster Describes Culture of Mental Abuse & Isolation

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Eek Former Lady Techster Describes Culture of Mental Abuse & Isolation

So I'm not sure what to think about this.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...trip=0&vwsrc=0

The original article has been memory-holed but the cached version is still available.

Feel free to Pit/delete this if necessary.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: Former Lady Techster Describes Culture of Mental Abuse & Isolation

Not a pleasant story to read.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

I believe her. The Stoehr’s seem really weird.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I had some contact with Brooke while she was at NSU. I got to know her fairly well as she welcomed a fellow Tech grad being around. To say she was gracious, professional, impressive while I was around would be an understatement. I was allowed to sit in the stands and watch a couple of their practices as I was in the "airplane hangar" shooting hoops and playing pick-up games when their practice was about to start and she said I could stay. Again, I saw nothing but great coaching...INTENSE!!...but then it was the kind of tough love I was used to and experienced as a player and I employed as a coach myself. I don't recall Scott being all that animated during the practices I happened to witness.

My wife, as a dean of a college, was heavily involved in all aspects of academics, and was one of the mentors and advisors for both the men's and women's basketball programs. I asked her this morning if she had ever heard anything questionable about the Stoehrs. Did any players ever confide in her or express concerns about their coaches. Nope. My wife did tell me something this morning that was news to me, but it did not involve the Stoehrs, but a previous WBB coach at NSU. I won't go into any details since that coach was a close friend of ours. But the point is, as my wife says, had there been something to be concerned about it is very likely she would have been made privy of it...again, as the official mentor/advisor of the basketball players, things were brought to her attention. In one case a female basketball player had gone to the university's Student Services and sort help from a counselor. My wife was contacted by the Student Services Office and apprised of the situation and was asked to help monitor her behavior, to see if her grades were suddenly tanking, etc... But nothing of concern generated by the Stoehrs' coaching tenure at NSU.

I have always felt Scott was just along for the ride and that Brooke would perform better in her coaching, and get better results, if she was truly a one-person act. And if he is just making it harder by being an abusive jackass, well then...

Bottom line is this...Louisiana Tech University is bigger than any one person. And as much as I like Brooke and would hope she will have a successful tenure at Tech and rebuild the Techster program, we cannot allow her baggage: Scott, to further damage the program and the university. My gosh! we have had back to back coaching disasters, ending in scandal. We don't need a third straight such mess.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Would someone please explain this BOLDED comment below from the story? I don't think I knew about this. Who was involved --both the coach and the player?

Our Athletic Director at Louisiana Tech chose to stay on the safe side and hired a wife and husband duo in Brooke and Scott Stoehr. They had a solid career at Northwestern State in Natchitoches, Louisiana and were hopeful to bring the historic culture of the Lady Techsters back to Ruston. Different, but safe. This hire made sense to us considering one very important, but often left out piece of information. The previous staff at Louisiana Tech before Tyler Summitt took over was also dismissed for sexual relations between a player and coach. Again, very different to have a couple as Head coaches, but it most certainly made sense.

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

Needs some editing, but an interesting read.

I had the same question as HogDawg about the comment on the staff before Summit.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dorm Fridge View Post
    Needs some editing, but an interesting read.

I had the same question as HogDawg about the comment on the staff before Summit.
    The previous staff was let go after winning 12 games in 2012-13.

If you'll recall, Karl Malone, who was a big supporter of our coach at the time, was so upset he had the furniture he donated to the women's basketball office removed from the TAC.

This is the Ruston rumor mill in overdrive.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    The previous staff was let go after winning 12 games in 2012-13.

If you'll recall, Karl Malone, who was a big supporter of our coach at the time, was so upset he had the furniture he donated to the women's basketball office removed from the TAC.

This is the Ruston rumor mill in overdrive.
    Articles like this always make me a wee bit skeptical, for the reasons you mention. There are a lot of sides to every story, and that can explain a lot of things that seem bad. If you are primed to believe rumors like this, how does that shape how you view your situation?

Not that I think she's lying here. Just that I'd like to know more.

I do remember those rumors at the time, they were never very prominent, but they did exist before she was fired for continuing to tank the program.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Most disgruntled ex-employees don’t have much good to say about their former employer nor do disgruntled ex-players
    Unless this is substantiated by enough players present & former to prove a systemic problem exist.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Interesting read, but....feelings. It's this generation. I was expecting worse.

Bulldog jycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the ears

Very interesting read. As I only follow WBB from afar and not really connected to the day to day in Ruston, I admit that I have no idea whether what is written is true, false, correct or exaggerated. At first read, I find myself believing quite a bit of what is there. However, regardless of whether it is true or not, the fact is that this duo of coaches has not produced winners. The program, once a very proud staple, continues to stay at the bottom, not making it to any playoffs, etc. My question is at what point do we hold this duo responsible for not producing? I admittedly have never been a fan out of hiring coaches from smaller La. schools (NSU), etc. and feel that we could definitely have done better with a national search (that falls on our previous AD and is a subject that has been discussed many times). But we still get back to the point that this duo of coaches have failed to improve this program. How long will this be allowed to continue?

Bulldog DiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to all DiamondDawg36's Avatar

When someone has been to three college programs and complained about each one, I think we may know where the problem “lies”.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDawg36 View Post
    When someone has been to three college programs and complained about each one, I think we may know where the problem “lies”.
    Her dream was to play for Pat Summitt. Summitt was so intense and determined you had to be very strong to play for her. Great coach and great teacher, but not for everybody.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDawg36 View Post
    My thoughts too. If every kid who ever played a college sport and had a bad experience had a megaphone, we'd never hear the end of it. Social media is the megaphone nowadays.

It's not unusual for different people to extract different experiences from the same school or same place of employment. For example, some people can work for a company for 20 years and speak glowingly about it, while other people can work for the same company for 6 months and end up hating it. That's just life.

IMO, this is a non-story. I hate that I even bothered to read it. The "story" was nothing more than gossip and complaints from a washed-up former girls basketball player. That's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

So many errors. Brooke and Scott did not coach under Leon Barmore. They were assistants under Chris Long. Vasquez was a starter for Brooke during Brooke’s first season.

Vasquez was a decent defensive player; however, she was not Lady Vol material. By the time she signed with Texas State, Coach Summitt was getting sick.

Not sure the motivation behind this factual inaccurate article. A number of those Northwestern signees followed Brooke to Tech. The best player on that team, Perez continues to interact with Brooke and Scott.

Vasquez claims that the Northwestern players reached to state which assistants to stay away from. The only assistant that came to Tech with the Stoehrs was Lindsey Hicks.

+ Reply to Thread