+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LA Tech Looks to Continue Home Winning Streak in Saturday Contest Against Marshall -

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

LA Tech Looks to Continue Home Winning Streak in Saturday Contest Against Marshall -

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech football (3-1, 2-0 C-USA) has won eight straight games inside Joe Aillet Stadium and will look to make it nine on Saturday, Oct. 17, when the Bulldogs host Marshall (3-0, 1-0 C-USA) at 5 p.m. (CT).

More...

Discuss it here.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Looks to Continue Home Winning Streak in Saturday Contest Against Marshal

I hope LA Tech can get their act together. Just once, I'd like to play Marshall with us at full strength, and with no excuses. In 2014 we suspended 6 Tech players --including 5 starters-- a day before our 26-23 CUSA championship loss to Marshall on national TV. And last year, Tech suspended 3-yr starting QB J'Mar Smith the day before our team traveled to Huntington, WV and lost a 31-10 smackdown to the Herd, also on national TV.

It's our turn now.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Looks to Continue Home Winning Streak in Saturday Contest Against Marshal

J'Mar Smith's presence wouldn't have changed that 31-10 smackdown, at least not very much. And so, today, how close are we to "full strength?"

I am not overly concerned about our conference rivalry with Marshal...not yet. I don't think it'll end up like the Boazy series turned out. After we beat Boazy in 2001, we never beat them again. Games in Ruston were close and competitive, but we always managed to lose, and games out there were all blow-outs for them. They truly owned us. I just don't think Marshal is in the same class as Boazy. In fact, as many of us know, CUSA is nowhere close in quality as the WAC was.

Thus far, this year's Tech team is well...they just need to put their big boy pants on and go out and punch someone in the mouth (not literally, we don't 15 yd penalties and ejections). BYU is good, yes, but UTSA wore their big boy pants and just played football. Stop acting like little pansies...ahem, calling Justin Henderson....hit somebody!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    J'Mar Smith's presence wouldn't have changed that 31-10 smackdown, at least not very much. And so, today, how close are we to "full strength?"

I am not overly concerned about our conference rivalry with Marshal...not yet. I don't think it'll end up like the Boazy series turned out. After we beat Boazy in 2001, we never beat them again. Games in Ruston were close and competitive, but we always managed to lose, and games out there were all blow-outs for them. They truly owned us. I just don't think Marshal is in the same class as Boazy. In fact, as many of us know, CUSA is nowhere close in quality as the WAC was.

Thus far, this year's Tech team is well...they just need to put their big boy pants on and go out and punch someone in the mouth (not literally, we don't 15 yd penalties and ejections). BYU is good, yes, but UTSA wore their big boy pants and just played football. Stop acting like little pansies...ahem, calling Justin Henderson....hit somebody!
    Fred Dean's passing this week crystallized for me just how soft and pansied we've gotten in college football. As a college football player, Fred Dean would have eaten our current guys alive. He was a seriously tough player, and had the reputation for ripping an opponents head off (figuratively speaking). I wish Skip Holtz would use this opportunity to instill a deeper toughness in some of our players. Some act more like modern dancers than football players.

+ Reply to Thread