+ Reply to Thread

Thread: @LLATechFB Sputters in 35-17 Loss - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

@LLATechFB Sputters in 35-17 Loss - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Brenden Knox rushed for 125 yards and scored two touchdowns to lead Marshall to a 35-17 win over Louisiana Tech before 7,141 fans at Joe Aillet Stadium Saturday night.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Re: @LLATechFB Sputters in 35-17 Loss - latechsports.com

Has there ever been a game where skippy says his team didn’t competed?

He loves the competing, he’s not as sure about the winning.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Has there ever been a game where skippy says his team didn’t competed?

He loves the competing, he’s not as sure about the winning.
    I stopped listening to him. SOS coach speak over and over. So tired of watching our 5 linemen get beat by 3 of theirs. He has a crush on the wrong RB again. Give him and his staff another raise before somebody hires them away.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I stopped listening to him. SOS coach speak over and over. So tired of watching our 5 linemen get beat by 3 of theirs. He has a crush on the wrong RB again. Give him and his staff another raise before somebody hires them away.
    You make a very valid point about Holtz’s current crush(es). He’s done it before to the detriment of the team. Such a thing isn’t uncommon for a coach who gets overly involved in deciding everything about the team. I’m pretty sure the best coaches, most successful coaches have a certain distance from the players. That way it’s easier for them to make a team decision, a business decision about things over when too much of a personal decision comes into play. Holtz isn’t managing the team, the situations are managing him.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    You make a very valid point about Holtz’s current crush(es). He’s done it before to the detriment of the team. Such a thing isn’t uncommon for a coach who gets overly involved in deciding everything about the team. I’m pretty sure the best coaches, most successful coaches have a certain distance from the players. That way it’s easier for them to make a team decision, a business decision about things over when too much of a personal decision comes into play. Holtz isn’t managing the team, the situations are managing him.
    He doubles, triples, and quadruples down on his position decisions. We've seen it at RB and QB, but he also does it at things like punter. Our guy can kick a FG, but is a HORRIBLE punter. Good grief! We never flip the field and very rarely pin our opponent inside the 20, much less the 10.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Very good comments. A coach has to have an arms' length between himself and his players, else it makes it virtually impossible to properly coach/manage the team. I made that mistake once and I lost control of that team. It is very subtle. Every decision gets second-guessed ESPECIALLY by the coach. I started questioning my own decisions wondering if I had some ulterior motives for this or that...it took three more years for that entire group to clear through and graduate. It gradually improved with each passing year since the biggest conflicts of interest were with the upper classmen, but it took that whole bunch being gone before I righted the ship.

Now, it is okay to play "good cop, bad cop" and I did use my assistant coaches to help motivate players, but we coaches planned it and orchestrated the whole thing. I always played the bad cop...found it easier to do . Plus I didn't want to put my coaches into a position of fussing at players with a lot of it being trumped up.

In Holtz's case, in addition to this, I think the worst possible thing has happened to him that can happen to a coach...he has grown too comfortable here and has lost his drive. That happened to me too, and I resigned and have never coached since. Lost the passion for it. Holtz is on cruise-control at Tech.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon you'd have not resigned if you had the salary Holtz has and an office full of patsies ready to sign your checks

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    In Holtz's case, in addition to this, I think the worst possible thing has happened to him that can happen to a coach...he has grown too comfortable here and has lost his drive. That happened to me too, and I resigned and have never coached since. Lost the passion for it. Holtz is on cruise-control at Tech.
    Skip Holtz thinks he can coach one game a year --a bowl game-- and as long as he wins it, he feels untouchable. He truly believes the other games on the schedule don't matter, as long as he wins enough of them over bad teams to reach a bowl game.

Holtz is no longer managing the team to better Tech's program. Instead, he's only managing his career.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

It took a lot of guts for Southern Miss to run off Jay Hopson (who "resigned") after their first game this year. But clearly Hopson had lost his passion for coaching college football, and USM needed a fresh start. It was the right thing to do for the Southern Miss program.

I see LA Tech coming to the similar crossroads with Skip Holtz. He's no longer thinking clearly. He's making the easy decisions look hard. Holtz needs to quit selling people on his excuses each week, and just man up the way Hopson did. Resign. Football coaches CAN and do get burned out, and I believe that's what has happened to Skip Holtz. He's so burned out now, he can't even make the easiest play call decisions.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Skip Holtz thinks he can coach one game a year --a bowl game-- and as long as he wins it, he feels untouchable. He truly believes the other games on the schedule don't matter, as long as he wins enough of them over bad teams to reach a bowl game.

Holtz is no longer managing the team to better Tech's program. Instead, he's only managing his career.
    But he is CORRECT

As long as he delivers a bowl appearance/win each year and home "wins" (except against good teams) and a clean program (except for all the uncleanness), his job will never be challenged until he decides he wants to golf on Saturdays too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    But he is CORRECT

As long as he delivers a bowl appearance/win each year and home "wins" (except against good teams) and a clean program (except for all the uncleanness), his job will never be challenged until he decides he wants to golf on Saturdays too.
    Well, Holtz is coaching like a guy without a boss. And with T-Mac's recent resignation, he is. But, with LA Tech bringing in a new AD, that should change. And hopefully it will.

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

Any ideas as to who has possibly applied for the AD position?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BullPupN'46 View Post
    Any ideas as to who has possibly applied for the AD position?
    Sonja Henne is out...we'll take Danny Noonan

+ Reply to Thread