+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: 10/24 Tech @ UTSA (7 PM) - Game

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: 10/24 Tech @ UTSA (7 PM) - Game

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Many fans judge him on the big picture...winning seasons, bowl wins, blah, blah, blah

Those same peeps refuse to discuss him NEVER winning a big regular season game outside of Lafayette two times and choking in all the CUSA big games (late season). Those same peeps defend the last two contract extensions he recieved.
    He did get 2016 WKU regular season... But then we blew it at USM to lose hosting rights.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    He did get 2016 WKU regular season... But then we blew it at USM to lose hosting rights.
    That's why I said late season. FWIW, our DC won the WKY game nor our OC/HC.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    .....Now you're struggling to find a way to keep Holtz around. You want him to make "appropriate Position and Coordinating coaching changes", or "give up tight micromanaging of those coaches". You sound like the disgruntled wife who insists on changing her no good, chronically unemployed, husband. She forgets that THAT'S who he is. It's the same with Holtz. THIS is who he is, and you are not going to change him. We're not in the "rehabilitation" business at Louisiana Tech. You fire him, and send him packing. There's no other way.

Why do Tech fans have such a hard time letting go of something that's NOT working. This is no longer working.
    Exactly. "Covid excuses" be damned. I'm not saying fire him today (ok, that'd be nice) but he doesn't get a pass. We've had 7 years to watch this trainwreck develop.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    .....Now you're struggling to find a way to keep Holtz around. You want him to make "appropriate Position and Coordinating coaching changes", or "give up tight micromanaging of those coaches". You sound like the disgruntled wife who insists on changing her no good, chronically unemployed, husband. She forgets that THAT'S who he is. It's the same with Holtz. THIS is who he is, and you are not going to change him. We're not in the "rehabilitation" business at Louisiana Tech. You fire him, and send him packing. There's no other way.

Why do Tech fans have such a hard time letting go of something that's NOT working. This is no longer working.
    It’s simply the business reality of the situation that Woods doesn’t have the footing to fire Holtz after being here only a couple of months especially when Holtz has been set up to be paid off with his contract extensions. Woods is inheriting a prickly pickle. Still there are those standards opportunities that I already mentioned. I really wish it could be different but right now, I don’t see it. Perhaps a total crash and burn as the season ends will lead to a quicker reaction. Only time will tell.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

If Holtz doesn’t get caught on a Harley with the baseball coach, he ain’t getting fired. And he shouldn’t be. He shouldn’t be extended either, but y’all are kidding yourselves if you think there is anything on the field that will get Holtz fired this year. He won 10 games last year. He regularly puts players in the NFL.

I was against hiring Holtz, but he’s been more successful than I would’ve imagined.

That said, Dr. Wood should make his expectations clear for Holtz. If Holtz doesn’t deliver, get rid of him. I think we all know that Holtz was getting what was required of him under the past administration.

Now, if HD wants to pony up the buyout, maybe that’s a different story.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Putting players in the NFL matters why?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Putting players in the NFL matters why?
    Ask a recruit.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    If Holtz doesn’t get caught on a Harley with the baseball coach, he ain’t getting fired. And he shouldn’t be. He shouldn’t be extended either, but y’all are kidding yourselves if you think there is anything on the field that will get Holtz fired this year. He won 10 games last year. He regularly puts players in the NFL.

I was against hiring Holtz, but he’s been more successful than I would’ve imagined.

That said, Dr. Wood should make his expectations clear for Holtz. If Holtz doesn’t deliver, get rid of him. I think we all know that Holtz was getting what was required of him under the past administration.

Now, if HD wants to pony up the buyout, maybe that’s a different story.
    You're too busy looking in the rearview mirror, and NOT at the danger that lies ahead of you. Holtz has lost it. He's not the same guy he was the last 5 years or so. He can't cut it anymore.....(and I've never said that before about Holtz). SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH HIM. (Hey...it happens. Look at Joe Biden.) But Holtz's decision making is just awful. And it doesn't get better the next week.

Hey...we're all glad we got 10 wins over bad CUSA and bad OOC teams last year. But we STILL managed to underachieve in a big way, and you'll never see 10 wins again on Holtz's watch.

Ask a recruit.
    I asked you.

Your theory says that we are getting players because of the NFL thing. No OLine or QB says we are not getting those very important positions.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I’m all for getting rid of him, and the sooner the better. He’s had multiple years to win a championship with nothing to show for it. If there’s a marquee matchup in Ruston, that’s a guaranteed loss. Every year gets a little bit harder to watch the train wreck that is Holtz football. Maybe if we lose to ULM in Shreveport people will finally start to wake up.

I asked you.

Your theory says that we are getting players because of the NFL thing. No OLine or QB says we are not getting those very important positions.
    What do you think of the point of my post? Think he’ll get fired this year? Think he should?

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I’m all for getting rid of him, and the sooner the better. He’s had multiple years to win a championship with nothing to show for it. If there’s a marquee matchup in Ruston, that’s a guaranteed loss. Every year gets a little bit harder to watch the train wreck that is Holtz football. Maybe if we lose to ULM in Shreveport people will finally start to wake up.
    Shreveport people? Hahaha!

If Steve D ain’t ready for him to go, it ain’t happening.

What do you think of the point of my post? Think he’ll get fired this year? Think he should?
    I understand your point other than the NFL thing has earned him a longer stay. I get the rest of it and agree, other than the NFL thing.

I understand your point other than the NFL thing has earned him a longer stay. I get the rest of it and agree, other than the NFL thing.
    The NFL thing is just part of the puzzle. We have no idea what our recruiting would look like without the NFL players. I don’t think our QB issue is one of raw talent. I think it’s one of development. That’s my biggest gripe with Skip. #2 is play calling/game management. #2a is special teams.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

The NFL thing is just part of the puzzle. We have no idea what our recruiting would look like without the NFL players. I don’t think our QB issue is one of raw talent. I think it’s one of development. That’s my biggest gripe with Skip. #2 is play calling/game management. #2a is special teams.
    Skip is above average at recruiting skill players, but he sucks at recruiting OL. That was one thing that Dooley excelled at, recruiting athletic, mean offensive lineman like Saia, Warner, and Mills. Holtz tends to recruit big guys that can’t move. Just watch any of our games and you’ll see what I mean. That’s his biggest problem.

+ Reply to Thread