+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: 10/31 Tech vs UAB (2:30 PM) - Game

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: 10/31 Tech vs UAB (2:30 PM) - Game

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Might not have needed a comeback though.

His Sr. year he was pretty good (yes, granted the two huge games he wasn't available for, we get that).

Smith did improve and he was effective for us. But that doesn't fit the narrative, so it's ignored. If Allen won the starting job in this game (which I agree that he probably did) then he picked a good time. The reward for looking better against USM and HBU was getting to start against BYU and Marshall (and then against UTEP with no tackles and UTSA). The reward to winning the job against UAB (if that's what has happened as we assume) is starting against UNT, Rice, ULM, FIU, where we might conservatively say you'll be seeing a little less talent on the defensive side of the ball.

I think Holtz will still play both quite a bit regardless of the starter and I don't fault the logic. The chances of one or the other getting ruled out for a game is decent, and I'd rather have one of these two starting than anyone else we've got. Meaningful reps will still be valuable against that possibility.
    What are you basing that on? The 1-4 record he had against those two teams during his three years as a starter? Or maybe you are basing it on his stellar NFL career? Oh wait the rockstar QB cannot make even a practice squad. You know they expanded practice squads this year, yet the rockstar is still unemployed? Guess the argument is they are letting veterans take those additional spots. But maybe some day, they have already enlarged the practice squads even more for next year.

I do agree we won a lot of games last year with J'Mar at the helm and that was fun. Ten games as a matter of fact, of course nine of those teams finished with losing records. The lone exception? USM at 7-6. No narrative here, just facts.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    We wouldn’t need to come back in either.
    Yeah you're right. We never lost to those those teams when J'Mar was here.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Milt took over that game. Late in the 3rd he celebrated a big tackle And OL pointed at scoreboard, they scored again, but he continued to dominate (we held them to a FG)

source: https://gtpdd.dog/2020/11/03/uab-recap-aka-finally/

That's a man playing fired up. He was telling them the scoreboard only matters when the clock reads 0:00.

That's as good as the Bill Clark video after the game.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    What are you basing that on? The 1-4 record he had against those two teams during his three years as a starter? Or maybe you are basing it on his stellar NFL career? Oh wait the rockstar QB cannot make even a practice squad. You know they expanded practice squads this year, yet the rockstar is still unemployed?
    None of that is remotely relevant. He also never lost to UTSA. So what?

I'm basing it on having a better QB rating than either current guy. And a better completion percentage than Anthony. And a better avg yards per attempt than either. I think Smith was a better QB in 2019 than Anthony or Allen have so far been in 2020. You can certainly disagree, based on. . . not making an NFL roster?

I don't know that he would have led us to a win in those games. Of course I don't. But I think it's pretty likely with slightly better QB play we beat UTSA (maybe not Marshall, but you never know). It's pure speculation, but so is "he never would have led the comebacks."

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

God, let it go. You guys are so bitter toward J’Mar. But he could handle pressure better than Anthony seems to. USM, UAB, and UTSA are all Ws with decent QB play.

We got a W in 2/3 while alternating QBs with inconsistent play. Hypothetically, J’Mar is as good as last year and we win. The experience alone helps.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    None of that is remotely relevant. He also never lost to UTSA. So what?

I'm basing it on having a better QB rating than either current guy. And a better completion percentage than Anthony. And a better avg yards per attempt than either. I think Smith was a better QB in 2019 than Anthony or Allen have so far been in 2020. You can certainly disagree, based on. . . not making an NFL roster?

I don't know that he would have led us to a win in those games. Of course I don't. But I think it's pretty likely with slightly better QB play we beat UTSA (maybe not Marshall, but you never know). It's pure speculation, but so is "he never would have led the comebacks."
    Well as D80 implied earlier it is really all illrelevant at this point. I just think we would have 2 or 3 loses with J'Mar., maybe more. Maybe we would be ranked at 6-1, who knows? Guess we will have to agree to disagree with this one, as we will never know.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

And, Smith never had to endure a supporting cast so weak as this one. All three bowls we won, with Smith at QB, was thanks to the defense. And Smith never had an OL this inexperienced and banged-up. As for "God, let it go." It wasn't we realists that brought up Smith, Dixon did and said we'd be 6-1 this year with Smith at QB...BS! He had happy feet and with this porous OL...OMG!

Okay, I'm moving on. Gonna watch the Rock Star in his next NFL start. When will that be?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And, Smith never had to endure a supporting cast so weak as this one. All three bowls we won, with Smith at QB, was thanks to the defense. And Smith never had an OL this inexperienced and banged-up. As for "God, let it go." It wasn't we realists that brought up Smith, Dixon did and said we'd be 6-1 this year with Smith at QB...BS! He had happy feet and with this porous OL...OMG!

Okay, I'm moving on. Gonna watch the Rock Star in his next NFL start. When will that be?
    Funny you should ask. Last night it looked like the Panthers were going to pick him up to start Sunday against the Chiefs, since they are on a three game losing streak. But early this morning the Cowboys signed him to start against the 7-0 Pittsburgh Steelers. Should be a good game, Dallas is really good this year. As BB would say, "on to North Texas"

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Funny you should ask. Last night it looked like the Panthers were going to pick him up to start Sunday against the Chiefs, since they are on a three game losing streak. But early this morning the Cowboys signed him to start against the 7-0 Pittsburgh Steelers. Should be a good game, Dallas is really good this year. As BB would say, "on to North Texas"
    Are you BSing me?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Are you BSing me?
    I hope BSing is a little strong.

But J'Mar is still unemployed, as far as I know. But QB's are dropping like flies.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Dallas needs a lot of things.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I have a new found respect for THAT man, Mr Williams. He backed up his words with outstanding play too. And he also had a very positive affect on his teammates. Our DL completely shut down UAB's offense and run game in the 4th Qtr.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Dallas needs a lot of things.
    A real NFL football team for one. A totally different owner for another.

Big Dog Heavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really nice Heavyarms's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    No one loses a year of eligibility this year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...igibility/amp/
    I just wanted to say..CRAP. I forgot about this.

+ Reply to Thread