+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: 10/31 Tech vs UAB (2:30 PM) - Game

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Re: 10/31 Tech vs UAB (2:30 PM) - Game

Replay just started at 7:00 PM on one of the "upper" Fox Sports channels

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Our defense stepped up big after being trounced all over mid game. Proud of them.
    Dang right! Great comeback!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    One of the most exciting games I have watched in a long time! We just have to stay focused now. I hate we blew it against UTSA, but we have a schedule that favors us now.
    Yep, we should end up 8-3 at the end of regular schedule when it should have been 9-2. Oh well...I’ll take 8-3 right now for sure with a win in a bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Yep, we should end up 8-3 at the end of regular schedule when it should have been 9-2. Oh well...I’ll take 8-3 right now for sure with a win in a bowl game.
    I should have said I’ll take 8-3 regular season right now with a shot at the conference championship and a Bowl win.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I should have said I’ll take 8-3 regular season right now with a shot at the conference championship and a Bowl win.
    It looks like our only chance to make the CUSA Championship game now is if UTEP can upset UAB at home, in Sun Bowl Stadium on Nov 21st. UAB only has two more games (besides UTEP) on their schedule, and those games are against a depleted USM (1-5) and an underachieving UNT, who will likely have a 2-4 record when they meet UAB, if we beat UNT this week.

That's it. So Tech fans better become UTEP fans too, if we want another crack at Marshall in the CUSA Championship game.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I can’t recall how many seasons it’s been that Holtz has managed to coach us to a mind blowing loss somewhere in the season that costs us a shot at the conference championship game. It might’ve been every season. Such was the UTSA game this year and there could even be another one before the season is over. As insane as 2020 has already been there’s no telling what craziness could come.

For Tech to have to depend on the losers we beat to help us get to where we want to be really sucks and it shouldn’t be that way anyway. I don’t think it’s ever worked out and it probably shouldn’t.

I suspect there’s some hell raising going on between UAB and the conference office about officiating and how it cost them a sure win against Tech. As a result it’s more than likely that they’ll be getting the key calls to close out the season.

I have a funny feeling that when it comes to it UAB will find a reason not to play the Rice game and it’ll somehow favor them in the standings much less run the risk of them suffering a potential critical road loss.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    TOTAL AGREE with this! Williams got in the faces of some of those UAB linemen in the 2nd half and told them he was going to crush every play they ran. And he did. He literally took over the line of scrimmage, and it killed UAB's run game late.
    Yep! Williams put his big boy pants on and said enough is enough. Love it! We need more players to follow his lead. I would like to see Henderson show up too, but I fear there is more to that story. We have some guys who can be, and should be, leaders: Hardy, Tucker, Baldwin and big Milton need to get vocal, take charge, fire up the whole team.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yep! Williams put his big boy pants on and said enough is enough. Love it! We need more players to follow his lead. I would like to see Henderson show up too, but I fear there is more to that story. We have some guys who can be, and should be, leaders: Hardy, Tucker, Baldwin and big Milton need to get vocal, take charge, fire up the whole team.
    I'm starting to think this was supposed to be Aaron Allen's team all along, and Holtz screwed it up when he introduced Luke Anthony into the equation. Anthony isn't cutting it, and the players know it. Meanwhile, AA has kept his mouth shut, and performed pretty well in mop up duty, when he did get a couple of chances.

And then Saturday, BOOM! Let me tell ya, that next to last TD throw --30 yds officially-- that AA threw to Jawaun Johnson in the back of the end zone, was a thing of beauty. Nobody's talked about that. But AA threw that ball over 40 yds in the air and hit Jawaun right on the money. Incredible pass play for a TD.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I'm starting to think this was supposed to be Aaron Allen's team all along, and Holtz screwed it up when he introduced Luke Anthony into the equation. Anthony isn't cutting it, and the players know it. Meanwhile, AA has kept his mouth shut, and performed pretty well in mop up duty, when he did get a couple of chances.

And then Saturday, BOOM! Let me tell ya, that next to last TD throw --30 yds officially-- that AA threw to Jawaun Johnson in the back of the end zone, was a thing of beauty. Nobody's talked about that. But AA threw that ball over 40 yds in the air and hit Jawaun right on the money. Incredible pass play for a TD.
    I agree with you. I think the downside to Allen is interceptions. That is probably the reason Holtz went with Anthony, but Allen is quicker and we have to have that. Our OL is not the best. There will be some turnovers, but I hope that can be coached and still keep his quickness to get rid of the ball. I have seen flashes from Anthony, though. He is just a step too slow.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Allen got showed up vs USM in a similar way to how he just showed up vs UAB. I think he earned the start next game, just as Tucker has earned RB1.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

And we gave up no sacks this weekend!

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I know Skip has said he was going to continue playing both Aaron & Luke. But at this stage of the season, I think it's time to just go with Aaron and only bring in Luke if the wheels absolutely fall off. But not like he did to Aaron at the UTSA game for the last drive when it had been clear for a while that Luke wasn't getting it done.

Big Dog Heavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really niceHeavyarms is just really nice Heavyarms's Avatar

There's no upside to playing Anthony at this point. He's shown he can't get it done consistently. If we're going to be inconsistent at that position, let's be that with a guy who may be leading the team for two more years instead of a guy who's remaining eligibility can be counted in single digit games.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyarms View Post
    There's no upside to playing Anthony at this point. He's shown he can't get it done consistently. If we're going to be inconsistent at that position, let's be that with a guy who may be leading the team for two more years instead of a guy who's remaining eligibility can be counted in single digit games.
    No one loses a year of eligibility this year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...igibility/amp/

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    And we gave up no sacks this weekend!
    I thought the OL stepped up their game this weekend. They didn't get pushed around as in previous games. Tucker is definitely RB1. Henderson tiptoes too much at the line looking for a hole instead of making a hole. Griffin Hebert needs a few more throws his way, the kid runs good routes has sticky hands. Allen is a team player, saw him shaking hands with his OL before he went into the game and also came up to Anthony after that 1st long drive giving him props. Allen is our next Rock Star!

+ Reply to Thread