+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Halloween Histeria: Bulldogs Beat Blazers in Double OT - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Halloween Histeria: Bulldogs Beat Blazers in Double OT - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Jacob Barnes 35-yard field goal in the second overtime period lifted Louisiana Tech to a 37-34 victory over UAB before 7,141 fans at Joe Aillet Stadium Saturday night.

More...

Discuss it here.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Re: Halloween Histeria: Bulldogs Beat Blazers in Double OT - latechsports.com

Aside from an extremely lucky win for Tech, I especially like it that UAB lost in a frenzy of mistakes and penalties. With as much league favoritism as they’ve have in pretty much all CUSA sports over recent years, it’s about time it blew up in their smug faces.

It’s got to really suck for them losing to two Louisiana schools back to back!

As for Tech’s good luck in UAB’s mistakes and penalties thank goodness we have some athletes capable of capitalizing on such things. If not for their plays Holtz did his usual calling the wrong plays at the worst times. Apparently he’ll never learn.

Next up, 4 games that Tech should win but who knows. Just about the time you’d think Tech finds themselves they’ll take 2 steps backwards.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Aside from an extremely lucky win for Tech, I especially like it that UAB lost in a frenzy of mistakes and penalties. With as much league favoritism as they’ve have in pretty much all CUSA sports over recent years, it’s about time it blew up in their smug faces.

It’s got to really suck for them losing to two Louisiana schools back to back!

As for Tech’s good luck in UAB’s mistakes and penalties thank goodness we have some athletes capable of capitalizing on such things. If not for their plays Holtz did his usual calling the wrong plays at the worst times. Apparently he’ll never learn.

Next up, 4 games that Tech should win but who knows. Just about the time you’d think Tech finds themselves they’ll take 2 steps backwards.
    I do agree that UAB had some costly penalties, but our defense stepped up in the 4th and did their job! I would give credit where it is due. They were running right through us for a long time from the 2nd quarter through the 3rd. Allen did a good job as QB and our defense made an adjustment and dared them to beat us in the air. It worked!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Milton Williams, obviously a true leader, rallied the troops. When it was 28-17 and looking like UAB was gonna easily score another TD, Williams got animated. I watched parts of the replay this morning, and Williams, big #97, was clearly shaking his head and saying "no more!" UAB managed but two FGs after that. That's what it takes...players have to step up and make plays.

Question: was the game-tying TD play to Hardy just Allen "stepping up" or was that by design, and Holtz deserves credit? Everyone, the UAB defenders, and me too, expected Allen to clock it, but that whole play was perfectly executed and the WRs did a great job of selling a double out route, which Hardy cut back inside. If the coaches (Holtz) called that play, in that way then kudos to him.

And Hardy and Hebert are our best two WRs. We don't feature them enough. They should be a our go-to guys and when defenses double cover one then that frees up others to make plays, like Smoke.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Good post!

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Milton Williams, obviously a true leader, rallied the troops. When it was 28-17 and looking like UAB was gonna easily score another TD, Williams got animated. I watched parts of the replay this morning, and Williams, big #97, was clearly shaking his head and saying "no more!" UAB managed but two FGs after that. That's what it takes...players have to step up and make plays.

Question: was the game-tying TD play to Hardy just Allen "stepping up" or was that by design, and Holtz deserves credit? Everyone, the UAB defenders, and me too, expected Allen to clock it, but that whole play was perfectly executed and the WRs did a great job of selling a double out route, which Hardy cut back inside. If the coaches (Holtz) called that play, in that way then kudos to him.

And Hardy and Hebert are our best two WRs. We don't feature them enough. They should be a our go-to guys and when defenses double cover one then that frees up others to make plays, like Smoke.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Honestly IMO game ball should go to Zach Hannibal for being heads up enough to grab that ball at the end, if he hadn't who knows how that game ends.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

See bolded part. Excellent point. I agree.

+ Reply to Thread