+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football | Week 10

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: NCAA Football | Week 10

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Ah yeah.......but I don't care about that. I care about performance. And Trask is getting it done. He's already passed for 22 TD's and only 3 INT's in only 5 games.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...946/kyle-trask
    Justin Fields. Only 11 TD's, but only 11 incompletions and 0 interceptions. Mac Jones 16 TD's with 2 picks and #1 team in the country. Trask is very good also and is in the mix also. They might give it to Lawrence as a lifetime achievement award.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

CUSA should be called the "COVID Conference".

CUSA seems to be more negatively impacted by COVID than any other conference this season. Of the 47 FBS football games cancelled or postponed in 2020 due to COVID concerns, CUSA teams were involved in 19 of them. That's over 40% of the total cancellations and postponements. AAC teams have been involved in 12 or 25.5% of the cancellations/postponements in 2020, and the Sunbelt was involved in 8, or 17%.

These stats seem to support my theory that some CUSA teams are guilty of using COVID as a "scheduling strategy" in 2020, and not necessarily always cancelling games each week for health reasons.

Oh....and these stats don't even include the 11 or 12 games that ODU cancelled right out of the gate when the Monarchs declared their entire football season over before it started. These stats also only include 3 Rice games rescheduled against Marshall, UAB and Houston. These stats also do NOT include Rice's early season cancellations against Army, LSU & Lamar off of Rice's original 2020 schedule.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...e-to-covid-19/

CUSA is still cancelling and postponing games almost every week (including several this past week). Meanwhile, there were some pretty large crowds at some of the games I watched yesterday (KSU?). And yes, at the end of the Notre Dame game, at least 20K students & fans rushed the field like old times, and were all over each other.

The plot thickens. You don't think the Chicken Hawks are setting us up to only run away for a couple of weeks, do you?

https://twitter.com/annajhowell/stat...14170244296705

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    The plot thickens. You don't think the Chicken Hawks are setting us up to only run away for a couple of weeks, do you?

https://twitter.com/annajhowell/stat...14170244296705
    Dwayne called this the day of the announcement.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    .....and some people didn't want to believe my accusation that some team's use COVID as a scheduling strategy......LOL! Those people are duuuuuuuumb!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

OMG! All I know is, those bastards better be ready to take the field on Nov 21st.
    It won't happen.

No call from our Admin on tailgate activities. Who wants to drive over to that S-hole just to watch a bad team play a horrible team with no pre-game festivities?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

It won't happen.

No call from our Admin on tailgate activities. Who wants to drive over to that S-hole just to watch a bad team play a horrible team with no pre-game festivities?
    ....and some people thought I was kidding when I said Wood won't be on campus until January.

....and some people thought I was kidding when I said Wood won't be on campus until January.
    He was asked about the possibility of tailgating in S'Port. He said that was not his decision.

He was asked about the possibility of tailgating in S'Port. He said that was not his decision.
    Are you kidding me? Someone needs to explain to him that EVERY DECISION involving the LA Tech athletic department is his decision.

This is exactly what I meant when I said LA Tech needs an AD who's not afraid to get his hands dirty. We need an AD who is going to be a "hands-on" operator. Unlike the big P5 schools, the LA Tech athletic department is NOT going to manage itself.

I hope this guy isn't just an empty suit, coming on-board to bide his time until something better comes along.

Okay if the Chicken Hawks cancel and Dr. Wood isn't going to be here, Tommy needs to send those chicken Chicken Hawks a bill!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I hope this guy isn't just an empty suit, coming on-board to bide his time until something better comes along.
    Who was the last person we hired that wasnt?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Unfortunately that was Skip Holtz.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Are you kidding me? Someone needs to explain to him that EVERY DECISION involving the LA Tech athletic department is his decision.

This is exactly what I meant when I said LA Tech needs an AD who's not afraid to get his hands dirty. We need an AD who is going to be a "hands-on" operator. Unlike the big P5 schools, the LA Tech athletic department is NOT going to manage itself.

Wouldn’t that be Independence Stadium and S’port’s decision? Its not like it is our property.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post

LOL!!

Touche'

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Wouldn’t that be Independence Stadium and S’port’s decision? Its not like it is our property.
    ....yeah, I guess we're better off having an AD who completely doesn't give a sheet.

Looks like he is on campus. Maybe he was here for the game.

https://twitter.com/EWOOD_AD/status/1327321754424012804

https://twitter.com/lkguice/status/1327310099019419648

+ Reply to Thread