+ Reply to Thread
Page 182 of 217 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3252

Thread: President Biden

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: President Biden

Illegal immigration cannot be 100% stopped but there are ways that it can be curbed that doesn’t come down to us being cruel and inhumane.

What!? ya mean no motion-detector machineguns? You haven't played Fallout 4 then...

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree. If you just assess a penalty and then let people stay, then what is the incentive for others to refrain from trying to sneak in a just lay low long enough to raise a family and develop ties to a community of that and a fine is all it takes to get away with it? I think you send people home no matter how long they have been here illegally or how many kids and grandkids they have here.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

I completely disagree that some kind of amnesty is in order.

First you must secure the border as well as you possibly can. You must stop the flow of illegals into the country. You can't do anything with immigration policy until this is done. This is what Trump was doing, and it was the right thing to do.

Next you have to address future immigration policy. I have no issues with increasing the number of immigrants allowed in, but along with that you MUST make it ugly for those attempting to circumvent your policy and come anyway.

Once you have done all of that, you can address those that snuck across the border (or flew in and just never left) aided by drug cartels and coyotes that used them for their own purposes. They must never be given citizenship or green cards or have the opportunity to appreciate the benefits of being an American. I could see giving the children brought here before they had the ability to fend for themselves some sort of opportunity to obtain a green card and pay additional taxes on what they earn each year.

The idea that just getting across the border entitles you to government benefits is not the way to stop this kind of thing.

I'd change the law so that being birthed in a US hospital does not make you a citizen, either. It's my understanding that amendment was put in there to make sure former slaves did not suffer further atrocities once they gained their freedom. It was not put there to entice pregnant women to pay a coyote to get them across the border.

If you don't control your border, someone else does. Right now it's Mexican drug cartels and coyotes making a fortune and endangering Americans. This seems more cruel and inhumane than anything else I've heard.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Good post!

DOW on worst streak since 1923 - CNBC

I don't have the stock market stats (history) in front of me and just saw this flashed across the bottom of the screen on CNBC. The market has been rather volatile recently, but I didn't think it had risen to such historical levels (of concerns). And yes, while I can also post this on the "Investing" thread, it seems more appropriate to post here on the Sleepy Joe thread.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    I completely disagree that some kind of amnesty is in order.

First you must secure the border as well as you possibly can. You must stop the flow of illegals into the country. You can't do anything with immigration policy until this is done. This is what Trump was doing, and it was the right thing to do.

Next you have to address future immigration policy. I have no issues with increasing the number of immigrants allowed in, but along with that you MUST make it ugly for those attempting to circumvent your policy and come anyway.

Once you have done all of that, you can address those that snuck across the border (or flew in and just never left) aided by drug cartels and coyotes that used them for their own purposes. They must never be given citizenship or green cards or have the opportunity to appreciate the benefits of being an American. I could see giving the children brought here before they had the ability to fend for themselves some sort of opportunity to obtain a green card and pay additional taxes on what they earn each year.

The idea that just getting across the border entitles you to government benefits is not the way to stop this kind of thing.

I'd change the law so that being birthed in a US hospital does not make you a citizen, either. It's my understanding that amendment was put in there to make sure former slaves did not suffer further atrocities once they gained their freedom. It was not put there to entice pregnant women to pay a coyote to get them across the border.

If you don't control your border, someone else does. Right now it's Mexican drug cartels and coyotes making a fortune and endangering Americans. This seems more cruel and inhumane than anything else I've heard.
    Amnesty is to immigration like passing a continuing resolution is to the federal budget process. Nothing more than kicking the can down the road.

Illegal immigration needs to be stopped cold turkey. No amnesty. Ever.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

The US is all over the place with this issue. The policy is really just jumbled crap.

First of all, how can we state we support the "One China" policy that includes acknowledging Taiwan (officially known as the Republic of China) as a part of that "one China" under the PRC, but vow to not allow the internationally recognized government of this "one China" to exert it's ruling power over Taiwan? That would be like China threatening us for imposing governmental rule over one of our states.

Then, as our Navy starts becoming a bit long in the tooth, we get a statement on the international stage that we will support Taiwan's independence (which we have already agreed they do not have by our support of the "one China" policy) with our military. My guess is that such an endeavor would be more like what we experienced in the Philippines during WW2 in that we could not effectively stop them from moving in and taking over and would have to move in after the fact and try to extricate them.

I remember when Trump took a congratulatory phone call from the leader of Taiwan, and the media could not stop whining about what a mistake it was because of the US position on China policy.

Biden makes a disgusting partisan speech in the wake of 18 murdered children...maybe we can just refer to them as being "aborted" and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Biden makes a disgusting partisan speech in the wake of 18 murdered children...maybe we can just refer to them as being "aborted" and move on.
    Maybe he should have mentioned the police defunding campaign led by the democrats that likely led to SRO people being removed from schools (because the presence of law enforcement in schools is so triggering).

Until we move on from this narcissistic generation this will continue to happen. They don't believe in God, probably have no less than 500 selfies on their telephones (looking for likes on social media), and believe some other generation is the cause of all their problems.

If anything, my generation might have had a hand in their vacoussness by giving them participation trophies and telling them everything they do is wonderful. Much of that was fed by guilt for having both parents working and sending them to daycare centers and after school care because it took two incomes for most to make ends meet.

And, here's a little food for thought. Just throwing this out for discussion.

The law has established all these so-called "protected groups" that provide special consideration and protection for in all matters. These groups include women, 50+% of the population. All "minorities", blacks, Asians, Hispanics, Native Americans, etc...another chunk of the population, maybe 20-25%. Of course, there are special protections for "the handicap" (ADA). The gays have won some special protections too! There is, at least on paper, protection for the older crowd, age discrimination protection for the 40+ crowd...another segment of the population, 10-15% (not already covered). And various other special "protections" afforded some folks...

Now, who are ALL OF THESE people being protected from? Well, which demographic is the ONLY one left out? White males under the age of 40, who are not handicapped, not Hispanic, and not some other special group. All told, maybe 15% of the population. Altogether the "protected" groups represent 85% of the population...and are classified as "minorities." While the 15% is labeled as the oppressing "majority."

The shooter (the asshole) in Texas has some Hispanic family connections, which, you notice, has not been mentioned. So, he doesn't fit the description exactly. Being from North Dakota maybe he associated himself as a non-Hispanic white dude. He just didn't know better. Or, maybe he was just a nut case with no affiliations to a demographic group. But the Buffalo idiot and the one in Charleston some years ago, fit the description perfectly. And who are they? Why, disenfranchised white males under 40, the ONLY demographic not part of some "protected" group.

Now, let me hasten to add, I have not seen this mentioned anywhere, not by some kooky psychobabble pundit on CNN...well, come to think of it, CNN wouldn't want anything such thoughts expressed. They run with "white dudes are evil," period. I have not read an article mentioning this statistical reality. This is all my own KOOKY thoughts. Which I first realized when I used to attend the mandatory real estate courses on "fair housing." The ONLY group a landlord, or real estate agent, can discriminate against without repercussions, are the under-40 white males mentioned. Everyone else is "protected."

I just wonder if some of these young, white males, have been pushed to a breaking point. You know, they are blamed for everything, from slavery, which ended 150+ years ago, to gays and weirdo trans loonies being who they are, etc... Instead of prosecuting the Buffalo shooter, for instance, we should all try to understand his issues. He needs society's love and understanding...right?

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Today is a victory for decency. Character matters. Now the hard work begins to bring the country back together as the current occupier refuses to accept the verdict of Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodawg View Post
    Absolutely right!! We will no longer see Americans attacked by the POTUS with elementary nicknames(sleepy Joe, nervous Nancy, lying Ted etc).
    We won't see our POTUS tacking the word of Putin over our own Intell. We can start to heal and return to some normalcy. Congrats, America won.
    Anne Hidalgo, the mayor of Paris, may have said it best: "Welcome back, America!"
    Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Yay the nightmare is over.
    Relax. The adults are about to be in charge again.
    Come on even you republicans have got to be sick of all of Trumps insanity. HE JUST AINT RIGHT
    Exactly. No more pressure to defend the indefensible. That had to be really tiring.
    You are Free. Let him go. You know you want to

+ Reply to Thread