+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 217 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3252

Thread: President Biden

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: President Biden

Jenn Psaki catch phrases:

I’d like to circle back to that. (But never does)

What I would say….(while saying nothing)

Um……

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect. (Name that movie)

Wonder what the administration will do without this ultra bright lightbulb?

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Jenn Psaki catch phrases:

I’d like to circle back to that. (But never does)

What I would say….(while saying nothing)

Um……

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect. (Name that movie)

Wonder what the administration will do without this ultra bright lightbulb?
    Gone from ultra "bright" to ultra "woke".

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Sentiment crash is an understatement, down from 65.2 to 59.1.

From the article..."That kind of plunge is rare outside of a catastrophe or a recession." This administration is a catastrophe, and we are in a recession that just hasn't been officially declared yet. So that explains it.

"The index that tracks consumer assessments of current economic conditions dropped by 8.4 percent to 63.6 percent. The index that tracks expectations for future conditions crashed 9.9 percent to 56.3, a severe decline in economic hope.

Bidenflation Sends Consumer Sentiment Crashing to Lowest Level in Over a Decade (breitbart.com)

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

They knew about this in October. CNN reported on it in February. Biden says he is acting as fast as he can after just finding out.

Thank heaven we didn't have this level of incompetence when COVID started.

Maybe this is their way of forcing women to have abortions after the fact. Is starving worse than being chopped up and sucked out while still alive?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Yes you have
    Where?
    Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    First, everytime immigration is brought up, so is terrorism in the form of biological and radiological warfare... Time and time again it is said exactly how "easy" it would be to get it across the border, rather through Mexico or Canada, go through the various states, and put it in a major metropolitan area.
    I like Alaska State Troopers and Border Wars on the National Geographic channel. Sometimes watch Pawn Stars on the History channel. That's about it for "reality" though.
    Immigration policy is an issue because immigration is a necessity for the prosperity of the nation and her people. But the people who are in position and have power to do anything keep pushing into one of two camps: completely open or completely closed.
    Upholding our laws is a problem indeed, but they also aren't adequate. But I'm not sure how far to go or pull back. And as long as we are as prosperous as we are, there will never be a system that stops illegal immigration until we begin to ignore some "rights" and laws.

Skills we need are skills Americans are pushing themselves out of more and more. We need people to fill those spots. Legal immigration isn't getting it done (part of the inadequacy of our laws). Illegal immigrants take those jobs. You are not going to get Americans back into them no matter how desperate we are. We can not be so stringent to the point where there is a labor "shortage" for those crappy jobs.

Yes, welfare needs reform too. Separate but related issue.

It was an intentional hyperbolic statement. But there are pockets on the right that want completely closed immigration. They haven't mainstreamed yet, thankfully.

Family unification should not be a consideration, imo.
    Off the top of my head:
    Consolidate departments.
    Expand remaining/new departments power by deregulation (remove limits).
    Increase funding.
    Increase technology
    Increase personnel 1000x (and double pay and great requirements).
    Change training. (Falls into the deregulation.)

And for the sci-fi fan in me, a border fence outfitted with a CWIS at every mile point. But really, a modern Hadrian's Wall. That includes a township/city/whatever every 30 miles along the border and everything that would entail.

(This all includes border with Canada, too.)

I do have an idea for military use, but a lot of the above would have to be implemented first for that to even be a consideration.
    I am more interested in doing more than just putting a flimsy bandaid on it. Enforce current laws and turn a blind eye to some things is the only way for anything to be done immediately. Military involvement is not a stop-gap measure that will produce results in any good measurement.

I don't think it would even slow. It may slow in Texas, but that is only because instead of crossing in Texas, they went through Arizona, New Mexico, or California.

Not sure I would include mines. Have to think about that one.
    Would you support colonialism? Assuming those conditions exist, fix those countries, not open ours. Regardless of scale, those same conditions are here, too. And they will be relegated to it here. Making their lives 10% better at the cost of billions and other resources to our own is not a good trade. We have justification to usurp any and every government that is allowing and/or purposely sending these children and others to us.

No one coming from central and south America is escaping persecution, it is more about envy (to be cynical about it). They are escaping not having clean water, safe housing, an abundance of food, internet, iPhones, DishTV, and everything else we have they don't. But of course, we don't have all of that either.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with this. I just don't see where to put them. You can't just drop 30,000 people into one spot, even decommissioned military bases or Detroit. And then it comes with how do you justify giving them so much support when we screw over our own citizens? It all comes around to the same arguments we're having about illegal immigration. Difference being that those on Mt. Sinjar would be legal.
    How bad do you think it is in Central and South America? Even with the drug cartels - the only real threats besides the governments - they are some of the safest in the world. And then you want to reward families for sending their kids away through the hell you think it is? Their lack of a equal standard of living is not on us. We have given them billions upon billions over 50+ years to fight cartels, build shelters, give food, provide healthcare, and so much more. They pay lip service to each of that while padding their own bank accounts. Their people need to fix their government, not just "make the problem go away" by sending them to burden us.

Also, about those governments, they do most of what you want our government to do, and yet things are so "bad" there their people want to leave. They are running away from the government you want us to have. How does that not make you think again about left policies? (Not that our friends on the right are much better, just a different kind of bad.)
    Some "amnesty" will be necessary. There are too many we want and should keep.

Went through a lot of threads to see where I talk about something related to the border. Maybe I missed something? The only statement that I would change from the above post from the last 13ish years to now is I would say there are people from Central and South America who (whom?) are escaping persecution, but it's not everyone or as many as some say it is. Also, it's not about envy, though some are in it for the material things of life.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    LOL. Perhaps you'd like to expand on that thought.

Orange man bad?
    Conservatives know the POTUS can’t do anything substantial to affect prices now but there might be an affect later by doing something like releasing supply from the SPR (and/or stopping deposits), encouraging the increase in domestic exploration and production, easing demand on refineries to produce different fuel blends, or encourage/incentivize companies to increase employment (more delivery drivers or shifts for refining). But, mainly, conservatives know the commodity market determines prices. Corruption can play into it, too, and that would be pursued as well.

MAGA might do some of that if it benefits Trump and certain cronies personally. It'd also do a lot of stuff that has nothing to do with domestic petroleum production. Also also, the steps taken would be the worst way of doing whatever is being done. For example, to increase domestic exploration and production, would give certain people (and their companies) carte blanche to do whatever they want no matter the numerous negative effects.

I would say Trump is more bad for the United States than he is good. For example, fighting China on trade issues was a good thing Trump decided to do, but he did it in the worst way possible and lost. I’m not sure any of his trade policies ever benefited us, but I’m willing to read anything that would say otherwise. Maybe USMCA is working out? Think the jury is still out on that one, but it is just update to NAFTA, so maybe.

MAGA meaning Trump or meaning put America first? I don’t want Trump back, but I want us to lead.
    Trump. And anyone like him.

I agree we should lead. But remember, leading doesn't always mean first or the actual leader. The behind-the-scenes or side-seat person can be more powerful.

America first can be fine as long as it means we put our interest first and does not mean, among several other negative attributes, we’re being isolationist or doing things that screw our friends so screw us.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The last two post confirm my statements about the guy living in a bubble with the other bad orange man haters.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The problems and the solutions are obvious...a blind man can see it, but not stupid libtards, which all the "Orange Man Bad" types are, they don't see anything but their own hate for America.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not a Trump hater. I think he is what we needed at that time. I think he will be hounded by investigation and stymied at every turn if he runs again. I want someone like DeSantis. Conservative, America First(meaning put your own mask on and then worry about others), and not afraid of offending anyone, foreign or domestic if they are in the wrong.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

I am not a Trump hater. I think he is what we needed at that time. I think he will be hounded by investigation and stymied at every turn if he runs again. I want someone like DeSantis. Conservative, America First(meaning put your own mask on and then worry about others), and not afraid of offending anyone, foreign or domestic if they are in the wrong.
    I totally agree with you. Trump was right for the time, especially since Killary was his opponent, and he did a good job as prez. His best accomplishments were his Supreme Court justices and his cabinet and advisors he selected. I am a staunch conservative, but I am afraid if Trump runs again, his baggage (of which there is much, real and/or perceived) may allow the dumbocraps to take the White House. I am on board with DeSantis.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I like DeSantis too. But, Trump will ravage him in the primaries. Attack him without mercy and drive a wedge between groups of Conservative supporters/voters. It is a shame that Trump is so bombastic, but he is who he is and he won't back down nor compromise. I have TRIED to explain my position on Trump and have probably fallen short on expressing it clearly. I will try again...

Trump is like that vicious guard dog that was trained to attack without mercy and will never change. You just have to understand that and use it to your advantage. Otherwise, you will just end up with a very bad bite yourself.

So, that means we true Patriots who love America and actually care about the free world have to use Trump to whip the commie bastards, foreign and domestic. MAGA! To that end, I would like to see DeSantis serve as VP under Trump, then run for the WH himself, giving us 12 years of good American leadership. Or, DeSantis just stay out of the way and continue to move Florida forward, while serving as a guide for other Conservative governors. Then when Trump cannot run for re-election, DeSantis can step up.

Also, we need to sweep more RINOs out of DC, get a strong hold on Congress, which will work with Trump to accomplish great things. Trump accomplished so much in 4 years even while battling commie bastards and self-serving swampers, from both sides of the isle. Imagine what he can do with a more cooperative Congress.

I don't have to like Trump, personally, to recognize his strengths and to acknowledge we need him in charge...now!

Meanwhile Biden's disapproval rating has reached 58%. Another 4% "can't decide" and 38% (morons and evil commie bastards) approve. Approve of what?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

I think he will be hounded by investigation and stymied at every turn if he runs again.
    This is the plight of every Republican. No matter who is elected from that party, it will be the same thing.

The more you fight the swamp, the more hell they will rain down on you. The media will not be your friend, so don't expect DeSantis to be able to answer pressing media questions with stuff like "chocolate chocolate chip".

Trump is not the issue. He stuck to his guns and did what was right in the face of withering abuse and pressure. He fought back. DeSantis would fare no better.....Trump is proven.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I like DeSantis too. But, Trump will ravage him in the primaries. Attack him without mercy and drive a wedge between groups of Conservative supporters/voters. It is a shame that Trump is so bombastic, but he is who he is and he won't back down nor compromise. I have TRIED to explain my position on Trump and have probably fallen short on expressing it clearly. I will try again...

Trump is like that vicious guard dog that was trained to attack without mercy and will never change. You just have to understand that and use it to your advantage. Otherwise, you will just end up with a very bad bite yourself.

So, that means we true Patriots who love America and actually care about the free world have to use Trump to whip the commie bastards, foreign and domestic. MAGA! To that end, I would like to see DeSantis serve as VP under Trump, then run for the WH himself, giving us 12 years of good American leadership. Or, DeSantis just stay out of the way and continue to move Florida forward, while serving as a guide for other Conservative governors. Then when Trump cannot run for re-election, DeSantis can step up.

Also, we need to sweep more RINOs out of DC, get a strong hold on Congress, which will work with Trump to accomplish great things. Trump accomplished so much in 4 years even while battling commie bastards and self-serving swampers, from both sides of the isle. Imagine what he can do with a more cooperative Congress.

I don't have to like Trump, personally, to recognize his strengths and to acknowledge we need him in charge...now!
    Perfect!

+ Reply to Thread