+ Reply to Thread

Thread: @LATechWBB Adds Five In Early Signing Period

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

@LATechWBB Adds Five In Early Signing Period

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech head coach Brooke Stoehr announced the addition of five student-athletes to the Lady Techster basketball program following the first day of the early signing period.

More...

Discuss it here.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: @LATechWBB Adds Five In Early Signing Period

Pardon me for saying so, but THIS looks like a good signing class for the Lady Techsters to build on. For the last few years I've been saying the Lady Techsters needed BETTER ATHLETES to get back to where we want them. I even pointed to the same team "huddle" photo above as an example of this shortcoming. In that photo, they just didn't look very athletic. IMO, they looked more like a group of sorority girls ready to play intramural ball.

Well, according to this story, this class appears to be very athletic, most all are described as "high energy" and physical. Three of the 5 signees are 6'3", 6'3" and 6'1 respectively.

Also, three of these signees come from very big Dallas area 6A High Schools (Allen, Plano & Martin), and all appear to be involved in AAU ball or the equivalent. One of the new signees is even a 400 meter 6A District champion in Track and Field, and another plays Australian Rules Football! WOW! Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

The story above doesn't mention any other competing scholarships offers that these players received, so we'll just have to wait and see how they do. But this APPEARS at first glance to be a good signing class, with better athletes. Congrats to Brook and Company,

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Pardon me for saying so, but THIS looks like a good signing class for the Lady Techsters to build on. For the last few years I've been saying the Lady Techsters needed BETTER ATHLETES to get back to where we want them. I even pointed to the same team "huddle" photo above as an example of this shortcoming. In that photo, they just didn't look very athletic. IMO, they looked more like a group of sorority girls ready to play intramural ball.

Well, according to this story, this class appears to be very athletic, most all are described as "high energy" and physical. Three of the 5 signees are 6'3", 6'3" and 6'1 respectively.

Also, three of these signees come from very big Dallas area 6A High Schools (Allen, Plano & Martin), and all appear to be involved in AAU ball or the equivalent. One of the new signees is even a 400 meter 6A District champion in Track and Field, and another plays Australian Rules Football! WOW! Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

The story above doesn't mention any other competing scholarships offers that these players received, so we'll just have to wait and see how they do. But this APPEARS at first glance to be a good signing class, with better athletes. Congrats to Brook and Company,
    I was particularly pleased to see a bit of height.

We'll see how well that translates. Can't teach height.

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I was particularly pleased to see a bit of height.

We'll see how well that translates. Can't teach height.
    Good post. Hopefully these young ladies can get us back in the top 25 and competing for conference championships and NCAA tournaments.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNGuy View Post
    Good post. Hopefully these young ladies can get us back in the top 25 and competing for conference championships and NCAA tournaments.
    Have to compete for conference championships and postseason bids before getting any sniff at top 25 rankings.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Very encouraging class. Hopefully they'll help elevate our program and spur optimism and confidence in ultimate success. Who knows, maybe we'll see the return of the old Champ110 with predictions of Final Four appearances!!! Hope springs eternal!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with all of you on the height and energy description. Sounds like an excellent class!!!!!!!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Have to compete for conference championships and postseason bids before getting any sniff at top 25 rankings.
    Yeah. That's what I'm looking for. Walk, then run. I want a CUSA banner.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Very encouraging class. Hopefully they'll help elevate our program and spur optimism and confidence in ultimate success. Who knows, maybe we'll see the return of the old Champ110 with predictions of Final Four appearances!!! Hope springs eternal!
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I agree with all of you on the height and energy description. Sounds like an excellent class!!!!!!!
    I understand...too early to call the results.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I understand...too early to call the results.
    I, for one, am glad to welcome the NCAA Champions-elect

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

My boss's daughter went to Arlington-Martin with Smith. I think was probably on track team with her. Had good things to say.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

. Same for me, Blue Dawg!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Me too!

+ Reply to Thread