+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11/21 Tech vs ULM (Canceled) - Game

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: 11/21 Tech vs ULM (Cancelled) - Game

Wonder if the UNT vs Rice game will happen? If they cancel, can we have Rice visit the Joe this weekend?

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: 11/21 Tech vs ULM (Canceled) - Game

"We are very disappointed that this game won't take place," said Tech VP and Director of Athletics Eric Wood. "We were in a much better place from a health standpoint within our program after Friday and Sunday's tests and were ready to go. However, after talking to Scott McDonald this morning, they are not in a similar situation. It's unfortunate, but it's the world we are maneuvering through right now.

"I hate it for our student-athletes and our fans, but we will continue to move forward. We are working with the conference office to see if there are any other possibilities, but it's too early to know right now. We appreciate everyone's understanding."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: 11/21 Tech vs ULM (3 PM) - Game

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Aaron Dietrich tweet
    Nov. 21 game between ULM and Louisiana Tech called off
    LOL! A lot of people called this one. I believe Dwayne said it the day the announcement went out that we were playing 'em. HAHA!

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

https://twitter.com/Adam_Hunsucker/s...65656107372547

Adam Hunsucker @Adam_Hunsucker
    ULM’s starting quarterback has opted out for the rest of the season.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I'm surprised they didn't initially blame us for the cancellation.

But I fully expect that pretty soon, ULX will say we were scared and cancelled.

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

I went back and forth on whether to buy tickets, so this solves it for me. This season/year has been something else.

I hope we can soon look back on it as just a one-season mess.

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

Oh NOooooooo I can't believe it!!!!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dorm Fridge View Post
    I went back and forth on whether to buy tickets, so this solves it for me. This season/year has been something else.

I hope we can soon look back on it as just a one-season mess.
    I haven’t been logged in or checked in for a very long time. Just wanted to log on to say I am tired of the Holtz experiment. We line up like a high octane offense with no intention of running high octane. If you aren’t going to run and gun, then please have some play action from under center in the playbook. Every handoff from the shotgun is a delayed handoff and doesn’t work. Special teams coverage is a joke. Lastly, I have watched every game and it is more than obvious that the blocking is different for Allen than for Anthony, as in better. Even our backs get better blocking when he takes the snaps. Maybe the team blocks better for him because he has been here and Anthony is the new guy?

This season has been painful. Glad I have other hobbies. Nothing against any of you, but life has been better since logging out of all social media.

Thanksgiving blessings to all and talk to you again after another 6-8-10 month hiatus.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Chalk this up as just another "strategic cancellation" by college football coaches and AD's --this time at ULM-- who are simply using "COVID" as the excuse. Fact is, ULM lost their starting QB to the "transfer portal", and the ULM leadership knew they were likely in for the butt-kicking of a lifetime. And then OOOPS....suddenly the game is cancelled due to COVID. LOL! How CONVEEEENIENT!!

Since no penalties are involved, I'm sure the ULM leadership see's the "COVID" excuse as a great way to avoid an embarrassing beat down, and maybe even gain a few sympathy votes.

Are any of our "deniers" starting to believe in the "strategic cancellations" yet? This season is turning out to be an embarrassment to many college football programs.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

So, HD, you say now ulm has embarrassed itself by hiding behind the China virus excuse...but being 0-8 and having never led in any game even for one second was not already embarrassing?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I'm sure the ULM leadership see's the "COVID" excuse as a great way to avoid an embarrassing beat down
    Why would they have agreed to this game they've been wanting for 20 years regardless of the on the field outcome to begin with if they wanted to avoid an embarrassing beat down?

I'm pretty sure the colleges and the conferences have a set of guidelines for this stuff. I mean, you can't prove a negative, and I certainly can't read anyone's mind. You're obviously free to interpret any of the cancellations to any reason you like.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    So, HD, you say now ulm has embarrassed itself by hiding behind the China virus excuse...but being 0-8 and having never led in any game even for one second was not already embarrassing?
    I never said ULM wasn't already embarrassed by their record. I'm quite sure they are. What I said was that ULM is trying to AVOID an embarrassing beatdown to the big brother school 30 miles away. I think you lost your focus. A school like ULM is quite capable of being "embarrassed" on multiple levels........

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Why would they have agreed to this game they've been wanting for 20 years regardless of the on the field outcome to begin with if they wanted to avoid an embarrassing beat down?

I'm pretty sure the colleges and the conferences have a set of guidelines for this stuff. I mean, you can't prove a negative, and I certainly can't read anyone's mind. You're obviously free to interpret any of the cancellations to any reason you like.
    Yes I am. And I will (interpret it as I wish).

To answer your question highlighted above.....That's easy. LA Tech is certainly no world beater this year, so I'm sure ULM initially thought they had a chance for a win, or to at least be competitive. However, ULM agreed to play the game against LA Tech long before reaching an 0-8 record, and long before their starting QB left the team and said he was entering the transfer portal.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Yes I am. And I will (interpret it as I wish).

To answer your question highlighted above.....That's easy. LA Tech is certainly no world beater this year, so I'm sure ULM initially thought they had a chance for a win, or at least be competitive. However, ULM agreed to play the game against LA Tech long before reaching an 0-8 record, and long before their starting QB left the team and said he was entering the transfer portal.
    Is ULM's QB any good? If he is, maybe we should try to sign him.

+ Reply to Thread