+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LA Tech, Rice Football Game Postponed - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

LA Tech, Rice Football Game Postponed - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech Athletics announced that Saturday's home game against Rice has been postponed due to health and safety concerns within the Bulldog program.

More...

Discuss it here.

Big Dog RUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the roughRUBLUE is a jewel in the rough

Re: LA Tech, Rice Football Game Postponed - latechsports.com

Season over!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RUBLUE View Post
    Season over!
    I am beginning to think you may be correct. At least we have N. Texas rescheduled. Now, there are two more (NLU and Rice). The pandemic is soaring, so I not sure that many teams will have less than 2 or 3 games postponed or eventually just cancelled. If there are bowl games, they may have to waive the current requirements on number of wins. This article states we will still play NLU. I thought I had seen that it was cancelled, as well. I guess I was wrong about that - must have been a dream.

Varsity Bulldog dawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her game

It doesn’t make any sense to play NLU in S’port in front of a few hundred spectators. Need to cancel the rest of season and start concentrating on 2021.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Rice game will be cancelled. They have already sched Makeup games on 12/12

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Rice game will be cancelled. They have already sched Makeup games on 12/12
    If Rice doesn't make up their UTSA game (I saw that their coach was lobbying to play them instead of Marshall - which is clearly what you'd prefer if you're him for several reasons) then I think we will become the Roadrunner's single most played opponent in program history. Small sample size of course, but kind of interesting (meanwhile they'd be pretty far down our list, like 35 but rising fast).

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RUBLUE View Post
    Season over!
    Okay.....put on your thinking cap, guys. This looks like one of those "strategic cancellations" I've been speaking & posting about.

Why would LA Tech cancel a home game (Rice), a game against ULM in Shreveport (maybe), and then play two CUSA road games at FIU and UNT.......UNLESS of course, UAB loses another CUSA game this season (to UTEP?), which would put LA Tech in the drivers seat for the CUSA Western division title and a spot in the CUSA championship game?

Skip knows all this of course. Skip may have decided to not play another CUSA game until he sees how UAB fares against UTEP (on 11/20) & S Miss (on 11/27). Skip knows that LA Tech has already played 5 CUSA conference games (3-2 record) and that UAB (2-1) has only played 3. (The UAB vs N TX game is also postponed this weekend) So, why should LA Tech take all the risk unnecessarily? There are no brownie points being given this year for LA Tech to play 8 CUSA games while UAB plays only 6, or 7 (7 only if the UNT game can get rescheduled, which it currently is not). Skip knows all this, and is in the position to cancel the Rice game with no penalty, avoid any chance of another conference loss, and take a "wait and see" attitude toward the rest of the season. He knows he has already played more conference games than UAB will likely play this entire season, so why risk it?

Yep. This is a strategic cancellation, but they are just not going to tell you that. I hope some of you are keeping up at home.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Okay.....put on your thinking cap, guys. This looks like one of those "strategic cancellations" I've been speaking & posting about.

Why would LA Tech cancel a home game (Rice), a game against ULM in Shreveport (maybe), and then play two CUSA road games at FIU and UNT.......UNLESS of course, UAB loses another CUSA game this season (to UTEP?), which would put LA Tech in the drivers seat for the CUSA Western division title and a spot in the CUSA championship game?

Skip knows all this of course. Skip may have decided to not play another CUSA game until he sees how UAB fares against UTEP (on 11/20) & S Miss (on 11/27). Skip knows that LA Tech has already played 5 CUSA conference games (3-2 record) and that UAB (2-1) has only played 3. (The UAB vs N TX game is also postponed this weekend) So, why should LA Tech take all the risk unnecessarily? There are no brownie points being given this year for LA Tech to play 8 CUSA games while UAB plays only 6, or 7 (7 only if the UNT game can get rescheduled, which it currently is not). Skip knows all this, and is in the position to cancel the Rice game with no penalty, avoid any chance of another conference loss, and take a "wait and see" attitude toward the rest of the season. He knows he has already played more conference games than UAB will likely play this entire season, so why risk it?

Yep. This is a strategic cancellation, but they are just not going to tell you that. I hope some of you are keeping up at home.
    I'm with you.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I lean toward thinking it’s just more of 2020 at its finest.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I'm with you.
    I thought covid was supposed to be cancelled after the election?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    I thought covid was supposed to be cancelled after the election?
    Election hasn't happened yet.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Election hasn't happened yet.
    Well I hope you are right about this, but I am giving up hope, to be honest.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Maybe we should just count divisional games toward division titles and throw the cross division records out this season. Have all makeup games just be divisional. So, yes, cancel Marshall-Rice, have Rice make up the division games instead.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that's the case. Between injuries, covid, and contact tracing we did not have enough players at at least one position group to play the game.

Now what North Texas did to us on the other hand.....

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Well, now UAB has responded by canceling their game with UTEP. Who will bend first in this game of chicken? Who can play the fewest number of games?

+ Reply to Thread