+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 3 Opt Out

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: 3 Opt Out

This is why five athletic staff members were at last month’s old farts lettermen’s breakfast. Seems the new AD likes to have smoother paved avenues to former players.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    This is why five athletic staff members were at last month’s old farts lettermen’s breakfast. Seems the new AD likes to have smoother paved avenues to former players.
    Our HC still needs to be more involved in this sort of hobnobbing. He doesn't care to be and our former AD didn't care to insist that he be.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quotes from Skip yesterday concerning our three former players who are preparing for the NFL draft. I don't know about how anyone else interprets this, but IMO opinion not a ringing endorsement.

“They all three informed me of their decision. They came to me and told me this is where they are. They’re all seniors. They’re all big boys and they need to make their own decision. I told them I didn’t necessarily agree with it, but I wasn’t there to argue with them. If they felt like that was in their best interest, then I would respect it. I would support it."

“I asked them to explain to me why. I understand why they made their decision. I don’t agree with all of them, but it’s not my decision. It’s their decision and we’re going to react and respond to them with the players that are on this roster that want to play and represent Louisiana Tech.”

“Some people have felt like with the lack of structure, they said they need to get their feet on the ground and get ready for the NFL or whatever their reasoning may be to opt out. I think it’s unfortunate, I think it’s a shame,”

I don’t know, I always believed once you get into something, you see it through. From my vantage point, I’m not opting out.”

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Quotes from Skip yesterday concerning our three former players who are preparing for the NFL draft. I don't know about how anyone else interprets this, but IMO opinion not a ringing endorsement.

“They all three informed me of their decision. They came to me and told me this is where they are. They’re all seniors. They’re all big boys and they need to make their own decision. I told them I didn’t necessarily agree with it, but I wasn’t there to argue with them. If they felt like that was in their best interest, then I would respect it. I would support it."

“I asked them to explain to me why. I understand why they made their decision. I don’t agree with all of them, but it’s not my decision. It’s their decision and we’re going to react and respond to them with the players that are on this roster that want to play and represent Louisiana Tech.”

“Some people have felt like with the lack of structure, they said they need to get their feet on the ground and get ready for the NFL or whatever their reasoning may be to opt out. I think it’s unfortunate, I think it’s a shame,”

I don’t know, I always believed once you get into something, you see it through. From my vantage point, I’m not opting out.”
    This is the kind of crap that happens when you stay at home and DO NOTHING for 5 straight weeks in the middle of football season. I've been saying these "strategic cancellations" are killing us (and others). Frankly, I'm surprised we haven't lost more players.

These are young men who belong to a team. Suddenly, there is no team. They'll be starting all over if we play UNT. You just can't sit on your ass for 5 straight weeks and expect to not lose some players. Now, we've probably got guys that are no longer in game playing shape physically, and I'm sure our offensive "timing" is probably all quirked up.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post

I noticed that he changed his tune from what he had said middle of last week when Hardy "said" he was opting out...

Holtz said last week, "“That’s the words for Adrian, it’s motivation and growth,” Holtz said. “The way he’s growing as a person and the way he’s taking care of his business and the motivation he had to be a better football player to be able to continue to play this game. I’m proud of the growth and development he’s made and the way he’s worked to get there. It shows.”

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Would also explain why current coaches don’t respond to emails from players that are academic qualifiers(valedictorian/salutatorian) and exceptional athletes. I personally know a kid that has reached out to Tech and will likely play for a state championship at the 5-6 a level in Texas this year.He is the Qb and has lost 2 games in two years. One of the losses in OT to the team that won state.
    What other schools are recruiting this guy?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Yeah, talk about killing recruiting.
    Young men who base major life decisions on what they saw on a fan message board may not be a strong fit for our university ...

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Young men who base major life decisions on what they saw on a fan message board may not be a strong fit for our university ...
    Its not the message board talk, its if the coaches were acting as some on the message board seem to want them to.

All he can say is he is disappointed but respects their decision at this point and move on.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Its not the message board talk, its if the coaches were acting as some on the message board seem to want them to.

All he can say is he is disappointed but respects their decision at this point and move on.
    Who is he? Just curious, respectfully.

It was not a "decision", but he said it was. He lies.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

I was saying a head coach bashing his former players for preparing for the draft during a year in which every game is being cancelled would be horrible for recruiting.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    I was saying a head coach bashing his former players for preparing for the draft during a year in which every game is being cancelled would be horrible for recruiting.
    Ok got i! So ....

Coach: These outstanding players are leaving for the draft.
    Pawdawg: LIES! DECEPTION!

Coach: We kicked these losers off our team.
    Pawdawg: He's trying to kill our recruiting!

Is that about right?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It was not a "decision", but he said it was. He lies.
    The other two were. Honestly? Get over it. Whatever happened, happened. Its done.

The other two were. Honestly? Get over it. Whatever happened, happened. Its done.
    You need to get over it. I've simply corrected your (and many other's because Holtz lied) assumption that he "opted".

The other two? Are we supposed to believe a RB who had lost his starting position and was a 180 from what he was last year or a lineman who could not block wind both "opted" to go to the draft and were both assets to the team? Please!

Ok got i! So ....

Coach: These outstanding players are leaving for the draft.
    Pawdawg: LIES! DECEPTION!

Coach: We kicked these losers off our team.
    Pawdawg: He's trying to kill our recruiting!

Is that about right?
    As you know the attitude I rant against from both our HC and our former AD is one that coddles to a bunch of "non-committal" young people and wealthy co-fans of lsu instead of true blue Louisiana Tech fans. Some here believe it's more important to over protect athletes who are getting a free education, food and lodging than to speak honestly to our fanbase.

+ Reply to Thread