+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Opt Out

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 3 Opt Out

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I don't see any benefit for Skip to harshly criticize any of their decisions. As for opting for the draft---Hardy maybe has a shot of getting drafted because of his physicality and good routes. Henderson didn't show any burst this season. And I only know about Campbell because he missed so many blocks.
    Hardy didn't "Opt". He had no other choice since he was kicked off the team.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Hardy didn't "Opt". He had no other choice since he was kicked off the team.
    Either way, it's not wise to publicly air dirty laundry.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Yeah, talk about killing recruiting.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I don't see any benefit for Skip to harshly criticize any of their decisions. As for opting for the draft---Hardy maybe has a shot of getting drafted because of his physicality and good routes. Henderson didn't show any burst this season. And I only know about Campbell because he missed so many blocks.
    I think your comments are a very accurate assessment of those 3 guys.

- Hardy's problem is, he needed a good 2020 season because his numbers fell off so bad from 2018 to 2019. Hardy had a tremendous 2018 season, making 75 catches for 1,145 yds. Those are very draft worthy stats. However, he had only 42 catches for 534 yds in 2019. So Hardy really needed a big season in 2020 to impress the NFL scouts. Unfortunately, he didn't get it.

- Henderson showed up badly out of shape for the 2020 season. That's on him. He's not a Boston Scott. I'll be very surprised if anyone thinks Henderson is draft worthy. But if he loses some weight and gets in shape for the combine, who knows.

- Campbell was over-rated in 2020 (In my opinion). Yeah, he's a very "big" guy......which may make him draft worthy to some teams. But, he just wasn't a good add for us.

If these 3 guys enter the NFL draft, these are constructive comments they'll all read on a lot of draft boards, so this isn't talking out of school.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Either way, it's not wise to publicly air dirty laundry.
    Not wise to praise quitters either

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Not wise to praise quitters either
    I don't know that it matters one way or another. A lot of folks here praised Jack Abraham...he's since quit again!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I don't know that it matters one way or another. A lot of folks here praised Jack Abraham...he's since quit again!
    I figured you would go there when I typed that. I never viewed him as a quitter of Tech. He knew he was never going to play ahead of the rockstar and was arguably a better player. He wanted to play the game so he left a no-win situation. It’s ironic that the rockstar ended up being the quitter.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I figured you would go there when I typed that. I never viewed him as a quitter of Tech. He knew he was never going to play ahead of the rockstar and was arguably a better player. He wanted to play the game so he left a no-win situation. It’s ironic that the rockstar ended up being the quitter.
    Well, if you’re the arbiter of who’s a quitter and who’s not, and, thus, who should be praised, we’ll just assume whatever Skip does is wrong and unwise.

Again, I don’t imagine it makes much of a difference.

we’ll just assume whatever Skip does is wrong and unwise.
    As usual, you blow things out of proportion. Skip should just keep his motor mouth shut on issues that don't promote his employer. Certainly you don't agree that he should promote a guy who got kicked out of school as an asset?

As usual, you blow things out of proportion.
    Now THAT is irony!

Now THAT is irony!
    No, you are the one who said this...

we’ll just assume whatever Skip does is wrong and unwise.

Well, if you’re the arbiter of who’s a quitter and who’s not, and, thus, who should be praised
    Don’t forget the qualifier!

I was right...don’t care to go back the 7 years to get all the quotes...

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    I have heard of cases where a kid was recruited, but the school ran out of scholarships before the kid signed. Instead of "greyshirting" he became a preferred walk-on, was that a violation? That is a situation where a recruit became a walk-on.
    "Running out of scholarships" may negate my interpretation.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Now THAT is irony!
    Lol its pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Lol its pretty funny.
    What have I blown out of proportion?

+ Reply to Thread