+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LOD COOK Act Amendment 1

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

LOD COOK Act Amendment 1

Got an email from the Tech Alumni Assoc. urging a YES vote for this amendment, on Dec 5th. Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else. Amendment will allow out-of-staters to be appointed to the BOR.

Anyone heard of this?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: LOD COOK Act Amendment 1

Natch Parish sent out its routine voting information/instructions, what's on the ballot, etc... and yes there is this Constitutional Amendment on it. And...AND!! how elections are supposed to be conducted...Louisiana does it right. The announcement clearly spells out WHO and under WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES and WHAT INFORMATION is required to REQUEST an absentee ballot...and [drum roll]...the absolute DEADLINE the Office of Voter Registration has to PHYSICALLY have it in hand. No exceptions...no boo-hoos...no dirty Dem tricks allowed.

Louisiana needs to be in charge of all 50 states' elections. The other states can pay us a fee...we could use the income...and then ALL elections will be real, be fair, no cheating! and that means Dems will lose seats across the country, but that is good too. Oh, unless! the Dem Party trashes its libtard platform, then it might regain favor among real Americans again.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

did...you just say that Louisiana should be in charge of making sure elections are fair?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I don't know about LA being in charge, but I voted by mail for the first time in my life this election (more as an experiment than anything else). I'm spoken to my in-laws who voted by mail in Alabama and it sounds like our process was MUCH better than theirs. I didn't find the instructions difficult. I did have to have a witness, but that wasn't difficult. When my wife went to vote in person on election day, she was able to confirm that my ballot had been received. I have heard a lot of horror stories from other states about how complicated their process is. Ours was pretty simple.

As far as non-residents being able to serve on higher ed boards...I don't know what the harm would be. It'd be one thing if we were the worldwide leader in higher ed. If we need to bring some folks in, I'm fine with that.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I don't know about LA being in charge, but I voted by mail for the first time in my life this election (more as an experiment than anything else). I'm spoken to my in-laws who voted by mail in Alabama and it sounds like our process was MUCH better than theirs. I didn't find the instructions difficult. I did have to have a witness, but that wasn't difficult. When my wife went to vote in person on election day, she was able to confirm that my ballot had been received. I have heard a lot of horror stories from other states about how complicated their process is. Ours was pretty simple.

As far as non-residents being able to serve on higher ed boards...I don't know what the harm would be. It'd be one thing if we were the worldwide leader in higher ed. If we need to bring some folks in, I'm fine with that.
    I don't have an issue with someone serving on BOR who isn't necessarily currently living in Louisiana, but I think that person should have some ties to the state in some way shape or form. For example: I was born and raised there but currently live in TX. I am an alum of a Louisiana University, so I have some vested interest in wanting to see Louisiana higher education be successful. I would question if no one who had ties to the state in any way and lived out of state what their motives would be for wanting to serve on a BOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    did...you just say that Louisiana should be in charge of making sure elections are fair?
    Yes!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    I would question if no one who had ties to the state in any way and lived out of state what their motives would be for wanting to serve on a BOR.
    Someone to pad their resume, get a nice check (I assume they're paid well?), and feed off LSU freebies.

I believe BOR members are appointed by the sitting governor...so, no chance of politics entering into this, eh!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Someone to pad their resume, get a nice check (I assume they're paid well?), and feed off LSU freebies.
    So, not paid. Just $50 per diem and reimbursement for travel expenses per meeting.

+ Reply to Thread