+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rankings

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    BYU is not eligible for the G5 NY6 auto-bid since it can't be a G5 conference champion.

Playoff or bust for BYU, and that does not impact the G5 bid.
    This is crazy 2020...make a damn exception! I'd rather see BYU play a 2nd or 3rd place SEC or Big 10 team, then to see that SEC vs. Big 10 matchup. Ya know, Wisconsin vs. Georgia or some such...

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post

I take issue to anyone who talks about Cincinnati's schedule. If they run the table they will be 11-0 and will have beaten 6 teams that have been ranked at some point in the season. That is a Power 5-type schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    WHO were these ranked opponents Cincy beat?
    Army, UCF, SMU, Memphis, Tulsa and AAC championship opponent are all teams ranked at some point this season.

This season Cincinnati will play a schedule that is as good as the schedule Big Ten and Pac 12 schools play. Not really anyway that can be debated, but I agree the committee is unlikely to give them the proper credit.

I do not think BYU is illegible for the G5 auto-bid. So if Cincinnati loses a game Coastal or Marshall will be in line to get that bid, if they pass them in the final rankings.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

CFP rankings

#7 Cincinnati
    #14 BYU
    #20 Coastal Carolina
    #21 Marshall

Marshall will need Coastal Carolina to lose and Cincinnati not to be AAC champion to get the NY6 bid.

BYU needs a schedule redo to have any shot at anything.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

As for the CFP...if Bama and UF continue unbeaten they will play for the SEC title and a slot. If ND and Clemson continue unbeaten, they will play for a slot. If Ohio State and NW continue unbeaten, they will play for a slot, and the 4th slot...will go to one of those losers.

Clemson already lost one game.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Clemson already lost one game.
    Yep...actually I meant not lose again. Continue "unbeaten" for the rest of the regular season until the ACC championship game. A one-loss Clemson, beating ND for the ACC title assures Clemson a spot in the CFP. Likewise, an undefeated ND, which would mean beating Clemson twice is also guaranteed a spot.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    CFP rankings

#7 Cincinnati
    #14 BYU
    #20 Coastal Carolina
    #21 Marshall

Marshall will need Coastal Carolina to lose and Cincinnati not to be AAC champion to get the NY6 bid.

BYU needs a schedule redo to have any shot at anything.
    It's all a sham this year. Total BS. Marshall and BYU are BOTH sitting at home this week and not playing. That's ridiculous. They could have scheduled each other weeks ago, but chose not to. It's a big Black mark in my book for both teams. I say kick 'em both out of the Top 25 for being COWARDS.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

As I hoped Cincinnati is the highest ever ranked Group of 5 team. Still a long way up to four, put possible. They need Alabama to beat Florida in the SEC championship game. It would be great if Notre Dame could beat Clemson in the ACC championship game. They need Ohio State to beat Northwestern in the Big Ten championship game, to keep Northwestern from passing them. Then you need either LSU, Auburn or Tennessee to beat Texas A&M; with Auburn being the best candidate to accomplish that feat. That would give two losses to three of the teams ahead of them this week. Other scenarios are possible, but this is the one easiest to understand. But highly unlikely.

A few random observations. It is interesting that UGA with a 16-point loss and a 17-point loss is ahead of Miami with one 25-point loss to Clemson. The committee loves some SEC football.

The committee obviously not impressed with BYU and the garbage schedule they threw together, even mentioning how their best win was against a depleted Boise State team. Probably should have taken that offer to fly to Seattle and play Washington instead of saying "we will wait to the rankings come out." Not wise to admit you are trying to game the system. Not saying other teams don't try it, just never admit it.

A few weeks ago, Tom Herman was on the hot seat, now he is #17. That loss to TCU will haunt him for years.

Glad to see Oregon and USC starting so low due to their late start. Although I would not be shocked to see their rapid ascent if they continue winning, perhaps even to a playoff spot if one of them goes undefeated.

Coastal Carolina must be a little upset they are only one spot ahead of Marshall. Marshall has one good win, a 3-point victory over Appy State, whom Coastal beat by 11. Coastal also beat ULL.

Speaking of ULL, ULM better cancel this weekend, or the Cajuns might drop 80 on them. ULL must consider it a slap in the face Iowa is ranked and they are not. Iowa’s three wins: Penn State (0-5), Michigan State (1-3) and Minnesota (2-3). And they lost to Purdue (2-2)! Oh wait………… I forgot Iowa’s AD is the chairman of the committee. Duh!!! Maybe Dr. Wood can chair the committee next year?

Cincinnati - Temple game this weekend cancelled due to COVID issues on both teams.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    As I hoped Cincinnati is the highest ever ranked Group of 5 team. Still a long way up to four, put possible. They need Alabama to beat Florida in the SEC championship game. It would be great if Notre Dame could beat Clemson in the ACC championship game. They need Ohio State to beat Northwestern in the Big Ten championship game, to keep Northwestern from passing them. Then you need either LSU, Auburn or Tennessee to beat Texas A&M; with Auburn being the best candidate to accomplish that feat. That would give two losses to three of the teams ahead of them this week. Other scenarios are possible, but this is the one easiest to understand. But highly unlikely.

A few random observations. It is interesting that UGA with a 16-point loss and a 17-point loss is ahead of Miami with one 25-point loss to Clemson. The committee loves some SEC football.

The committee obviously not impressed with BYU and the garbage schedule they threw together, even mentioning how their best win was against a depleted Boise State team. Probably should have taken that offer to fly to Seattle and play Washington instead of saying "we will wait to the rankings come out." Not wise to admit you are trying to game the system. Not saying other teams don't try it, just never admit it.

A few weeks ago, Tom Herman was on the hot seat, now he is #17. That loss to TCU will haunt him for years.

Glad to see Oregon and USC starting so low due to their late start. Although I would not be shocked to see their rapid ascent if they continue winning, perhaps even to a playoff spot if one of them goes undefeated.

Coastal Carolina must be a little upset they are only one spot ahead of Marshall. Marshall has one good win, a 3-point victory over Appy State, whom Coastal beat by 11. Coastal also beat ULL.

Speaking of ULL, ULM better cancel this weekend, or the Cajuns might drop 80 on them. ULL must consider it a slap in the face Iowa is ranked and they are not. Iowa’s three wins: Penn State (0-5), Michigan State (1-3) and Minnesota (2-3). And they lost to Purdue (2-2)! Oh wait………… I forgot Iowa’s AD is the chairman of the committee. Duh!!! Maybe Dr. Wood can chair the committee next year?
    Marshall beat Appy State by 10 points, not 3. The Herd won 17-7.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Marshall beat Appy State by 10 points, not 3. The Herd won 17-7.
    Opps my bad. Marshall's one good win is online with one of Coastal's good wins.

Our friends at Marshall want so bad for everyone to be singing their praises...it's comical. Almost as bad as ULL fans. MU's best win is over FAU, followed by the win over Appy State. Not exactly a terrifying duo. MU should have played BYU...and won. Then they could crow a little. Except some would say, Oh? guess BYU wasn't as good as we thought!

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Our friends at Marshall want so bad for everyone to be singing their praises...it's comical. Almost as bad as ULL fans. MU's best win is over FAU, followed by the win over Appy State. Not exactly a terrifying duo. MU should have played BYU...and won. Then they could crow a little. Except some would say, Oh? guess BYU wasn't as good as we thought!
    Why do you think MU would win? I don’t.
    MU doesn’t want to play BYU, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Why do you think MU would win? I don’t.
    MU doesn’t want to play BYU, apparently.
    Guess I wasn't clear...I meant IF MU wants to do some crowing about how great they are they needed to play and beat BYU...then they could have crowed a little. No, I don't think MU would beat BYU. As it is, MU has no quality wins at all. And they are likely to draw a MAC team in a bowl. Again, running the table against a crappy CUSA, Belch, and MAC line-up means nothing.

Guess I wasn't clear...I meant IF MU wants to do some crowing about how great they are they needed to play and beat BYU...then they could have crowed a little. No, I don't think MU would beat BYU. As it is, MU has no quality wins at all. And they are likely to draw a MAC team in a bowl. Again, running the table against a crappy CUSA, Belch, and MAC line-up means nothing.
    Exactly. That's essentially what I was saying back in post #21 in this thread. Both Marshall & BYU sat at home this weekend instead of playing each other. This, after the crappy schedules they both played this year? It's very difficult to respect either one of those football programs if they don't have the guts to play each other.

Such is the year of "strategic scheduling".............

So, did I see CUSA (CUAB) has tweaked the rules such that a team with just 4 conference games qualifies for the CG, provided they have the highest winning %? Gee, that fits just ONE school...UAB!

+ Reply to Thread