+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 77

Thread: Rankings

  1. #31
    Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    51,857

    Re: Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    So, did I see CUSA (CUAB) has tweaked the rules such that a team with just 4 conference games qualifies for the CG, provided they have the highest winning %? Gee, that fits just ONE school...UAB!
    A total “fix” just like the Presidential election.

  2. #32
    Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Dogtown, AR
    Posts
    13,093

    Re: Rankings


  3. #33
    Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,356

    Re: Rankings

    Northwestern eliminated!

    LSU wins game after game where I hoped they would lose. Today was hoping they would win, so what happens? They of course lose. How can LSU be so freaking bad with all of those great recruiting classes? It is hard to imagine they are this bad. Not even sure if they are the best team in Louisiana. Oh well maybe Auburn will beat A&M next week.

  4. #34
    Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    51,857

    Re: Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Northwestern eliminated!

    LSU wins game after game where I hoped they would lose. Today was hoping they would win, so what happens? They of course lose. How can LSU be so freaking bad with all of those great recruiting classes? It is hard to imagine they are this bad. Not even sure if they are the best team in Louisiana. Oh well maybe Auburn will beat A&M next week.
    Lsu has finally run out of their stupid luck. They’ve had it in spades, undeserved, for a very long time. And yes last year as well.
    It’s about freaking time!

  5. #35
    Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,356

    Re: Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Speaking of ULL, ULM better cancel this weekend, or the Cajuns might drop 80 on them. ULL must consider it a slap in the face Iowa is ranked and they are not. Iowa’s three wins: Penn State (0-5), Michigan State (1-3) and Minnesota (2-3).
    ULL came up a little short, only scoring 70. The sleeping giant is not only sleeping they are on life support.

  6. #36
    Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,239

    Re: Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Lsu has finally run out of their stupid luck. They’ve had it in spades, undeserved, for a very long time. And yes last year as well.
    It’s about freaking time!
    No doubt. The world didn’t start turning in 2003...good riddance. Time for some normalcy in EBR Parish. Go SU!

  7. #37
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    33,700

    Re: Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Northwestern eliminated!

    LSU wins game after game where I hoped they would lose. Today was hoping they would win, so what happens? They of course lose. How can LSU be so freaking bad with all of those great recruiting classes? It is hard to imagine they are this bad. Not even sure if they are the best team in Louisiana. Oh well maybe Auburn will beat A&M next week.

    Soooo, this would be the same Auburn that lost their annual rivalry game yesterday, 42-13??

    As for LSU, please remember, HogDawg's oldest saying: "College football is ALL ABOUT THE QB!"

    Last year, LSU showed you what they could do with a GREAT QB. Now, you get to see what essentially that same team can do with a bad QB. Pretty simple, huh?

  8. #38
    Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,356

    Re: Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Our friends at Marshall want so bad for everyone to be singing their praises...it's comical. Almost as bad as ULL fans. MU's best win is over FAU, followed by the win over Appy State. Not exactly a terrifying duo. MU should have played BYU...and won. Then they could crow a little. Except some would say, Oh? guess BYU wasn't as good as we thought!
    I honestly do not see a great benefit for either team to play this game. Beating Marshall doesn't help BYU at all. Sure beating Marshall might move them up a couple of spots, but doesn't make their crappy schedule look much better. But no way are they making the playoff, even with a Marshall win. Same for Marshall if they win, sure they would move past Coastal, but would still need Cincinnati to lose at least once and maybe twice to get the NYD 6 game. So both teams would risk an undefeated season for little upside. Sad thing is it might have been a interesting and fun game to watch.

    And I still do not understand Marshall fans wanting more praise, I think they are ranked about right. Anywhere from high teens to 25 is about right IMO.

  9. #39
    Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    5,431

    Re: Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Soooo, this would be the same Auburn that lost their annual rivalry game yesterday, 42-13??

    As for LSU, please remember, HogDawg's oldest saying: "College football is ALL ABOUT THE QB!"

    Last year, LSU showed you what they could do with a GREAT QB. Now, you get to see what essentially that same team can do with a bad QB. Pretty simple, huh?
    While I agree with you re the need for a good qb, the fact that LSU has a bit of a problem growing their own quarterbacks has been a decades long problem. And, by the way, besides the GREAT QB being drafted, LSU and an additional thirteen (13) players drafted in the 2020 NFL draft. So it appears that LSU is not "essentially the same team."

  10. #40
    Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    7,397

    Re: Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Soooo, this would be the same Auburn that lost their annual rivalry game yesterday, 42-13??

    As for LSU, please remember, HogDawg's oldest saying: "College football is ALL ABOUT THE QB!"

    Last year, LSU showed you what they could do with a GREAT QB. Now, you get to see what essentially that same team can do with a bad QB. Pretty simple, huh?
    LSU is nowhere near the same team on offense or defense.

  11. #41
    Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,356

    Re: Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Soooo, this would be the same Auburn that lost their annual rivalry game yesterday, 42-13??

    As for LSU, please remember, HogDawg's oldest saying: "College football is ALL ABOUT THE QB!"

    Last year, LSU showed you what they could do with a GREAT QB. Now, you get to see what essentially that same team can do with a bad QB. Pretty simple, huh?
    I hope Auburn eliminates A&M this week. I didn't watch all of the game yesterday but from what I watched, A&M is beatable. Vegas has only them as a 4-point favorite, so yes that same Auburm team.

    If by calling LSU essentially the same team because they are still called the Tigers and they wear the same uniforms as before you are correct. Because possibly in the history of college football there has never been a team that has undergone more change in one year. 14 draft picks, including 5 in the first round alone! New defensive coordinator. New offensive passing game coordinator/play caller who by the way made that QB great. Before Brady, Burrow was a projected UDFA. About the only thing that is the same is their nickname, uniforms and head coach. Everybody but LSU fans saw 3-4 loses this year, but a losing season, wow that ain't good.

    Essentially the same team. That's funny!

  12. #42
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    33,700

    Re: Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    While I agree with you re the need for a good qb, the fact that LSU has a bit of a problem growing their own quarterbacks has been a decades long problem. And, by the way, besides the GREAT QB being drafted, LSU and an additional thirteen (13) players drafted in the 2020 NFL draft. So it appears that LSU is not "essentially the same team."
    ....Dude, have you ever heard of "plug 'n play"? That's what they do at LSU. They can lose 13 great players and replace them with 13 of the nation's best recruits IMMEDIATELY. If we were talking about a Vanderbilt, or an Arkansas, or a CUSA team, it would be much different and your comment would hold water. But we're not. Make no mistake, they are still only a QB away from greatness.

  13. #43
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    33,700

    Re: Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    LSU is nowhere near the same team on offense or defense.
    ...some of you guys amuse me with your lack of football knowledge. Whatever....don't pettifog the issue.

  14. #44
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    33,700

    Re: Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    I hope Auburn eliminates A&M this week. I didn't watch all of the game yesterday but from what I watched, A&M is beatable. Vegas has only them as a 4-point favorite, so yes that same Auburm team.

    If by calling LSU essentially the same team because they are still called the Tigers and they wear the same uniforms as before you are correct. Because possibly in the history of college football there has never been a team that has undergone more change in one year. 14 draft picks, including 5 in the first round alone! New defensive coordinator. New offensive passing game coordinator/play caller who by the way made that QB great. Before Brady, Burrow was a projected UDFA. About the only thing that is the same is their nickname, uniforms and head coach. Everybody but LSU fans saw 3-4 loses this year, but a losing season, wow that ain't good.

    Essentially the same team. That's funny!
    Oh yeah....it's too bad LSU hasn't signed any Top recruiting classes the last few years......oh wait......

  15. #45
    Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,239

    Re: Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ....Dude, have you ever heard of "plug 'n play"? That's what they do at LSU. They can lose 13 great players and replace them with 13 of the nation's best recruits IMMEDIATELY. If we were talking about a Vanderbilt, or an Arkansas, or a CUSA team, it would be much different and your comment would hold water. But we're not. Make no mistake, they are still only a QB away from greatness.
    And yet, here we are.

    They’re way more than a QB away from being even being good.

    And I, for one enjoy it.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts