+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bowl game possibilities?

Varsity Bulldog kfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the rough

Re: Bowl game possibilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Jesuit and Brother Martin are basically the Harvard and Yale of the Catholic League. Holy Cross would be Princeton, I guess.

Rummel is like Cornell?

Shaw is definitely ULM though.
    If we could only get my fellow Holy Cross grad, Tyler Grubbs, to weigh in on this. Obviously I'm biased, but I'd lump Jesuit, Brother Martin, Rummel, Shaw and St. Aug. all together as ULL, ULM, McNeese, SLU, and UNO respectively, and obviously, Holy Cross as La Tech.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Jesuit and Brother Martin are basically the Harvard and Yale of the Catholic League. Holy Cross would be Princeton, I guess.

Rummel is like Cornell?

Shaw is definitely ULM though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kfj View Post
    If we could only get my fellow Holy Cross grad, Tyler Grubbs, to weigh in on this. Obviously I'm biased, but I'd lump Jesuit, Brother Martin, Rummel, Shaw and St. Aug. all together as ULL, ULM, McNeese, SLU, and UNO respectively, and obviously, Holy Cross as La Tech.
    Rummel is Bama in football. And probably a lot like Stanford academically. Strong but with practical programs...a prep school yes, but also with specialty programs with emphasis in medicine, engineering, and law.

My dad is a Holy Cross grad...class of 1943. Graduated then was sent to the Pacific to fight the Japs.

There is not a bad school in the bunch...some better than others...ahem, RUMMEL! but no slouches. All good schools.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    LOL! The state of Texas should tell New Mexico to Go to Hell. New Mexico should have to live with the stupid political decisions they make. In the recent presidential election, New Mexico supposedly voted for Joe Biden's "long hard, winter" (that's a quote), instead of Trump's business friendly economic environment. New Mexico should have to live with the consequences. Move your stupid bowl game to a blue state, New Mexico.
    Sadly, we all have to live with an illegally elected and immoral Party's nominee as POTUS. How can so many Americans sucker all of us into this farce? As the British gamble on everything, wonder what the O/U is in London for when Kammy is in the WH?

Big Dog b00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of light

Might just be me, but this team is fun to watch. The few games we have played, have been awesome! I don’t like the dual qb but it works. Hope to see this team play a few more games. In my 35 years of fandom, I like this years team!!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Sadly, we all have to live with an illegally elected and immoral Party's nominee as POTUS. How can so many Americans sucker all of us into this farce? As the British gamble on everything, wonder what the O/U is in London for when Kammy is in the WH?
    Per your last question, read it from Biden’s own lips.

Joe Biden is asked about his disagreements with Kamala Harris on certain issues:

"Like I told Barack, if I reach something where there's a fundamental disagreement we have based on a moral principle, I'll develop some disease and say I have to resign."

Biden quips about resigning after 'developing a disease.

President-elect Joe Biden will be "taking the backseat" to his vice president, Kamala Harris, during his term, Fox Nation host Lawrence Jones said Friday.

More

https://www.foxnews.com/media/joe-bi...resign-disease

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

3 freaking threads! At least the other two are in the right forum.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    3 freaking threads! At least the other two are in the right forum.
    😁 Hey, I didn’t bring up the topic.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b00mer1 View Post
    Might just be me, but this team is fun to watch. The few games we have played, have been awesome! I don’t like the dual qb but it works. Hope to see this team play a few more games. In my 35 years of fandom, I like this years team!!!!
    They can be fun to watch, but Skip Holtz drives any fan's frustration to a level that almost makes it not worth the trouble.

A large part of the play calling last night was terrible. Skip just doesn't understand that his QB's need to get rid of the football quicker...meaning, have the receivers run short, quick, pass routes....such as Quick Slants, Down and out patterns, etc..... and get the ball out of there faster. Even the CBS TV Color Analyst talked about this at one point last night. He said both Tech QB's are holding the ball too long, almost to the point when the receiver is out of space or out of bounds by the time the QB actually throws him the ball. The TV analyst made the comment right after Allen held the ball too long and then tried to throw it to his receiver after his got out of bounds.

Almost every time Luke Anthony (still don't know why he was playing last night) gets flushed out of the pocket, something bad happens. The kid can't outrun a 90-yr old great-grandmother. Almost every time Anthony tries to scramble, he ends up turning the ball over, almost turning the ball over, or getting a penalty (last night it was a ridiculous "intentional grounding", and loss of down call).

Thank goodness UNT's defense was so bad that we got away with terrible play calling last night. The play calling on offense and the absolute inability to cover UNT WR Darden on defense last night was enough to make a preacher cuss. I knew before the game that UNT only had one receiver that we needed to worry about: Darden. Now, if I knew that before the game, why doesn't Skip Holtz? Darden made our DB's look like fools.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    They can be fun to watch, but Skip Holtz drives any fan's frustration to a level that almost makes it not worth the trouble.

A large part of the play calling last night was terrible. Skip just doesn't understand that his QB's need to get rid of the football quicker...meaning, have the receivers run short, quick, pass routes....such as Quick Slants, Down and out patterns, etc..... and get the ball out of there faster. Even the CBS TV Color Analyst talked about this at one point last night. He said both Tech QB's are holding the ball too long, almost to the point when the receiver is out of space or out of bounds by the time the QB actually throws him the ball. The TV analyst made the comment right after Allen held the ball too long and then tried to throw it to his receiver after his got out of bounds.

Almost every time Luke Anthony (still don't know why he was playing last night) gets flushed out of the pocket, something bad happens. The kid can't outrun a 90-yr old great-grandmother. Almost every time Anthony tries to scramble, he ends up turning the ball over, almost turning the ball over, or getting a penalty (last night it was a ridiculous "intentional grounding", and loss of down call).

Thank goodness UNT's defense was so bad that we got away with terrible play calling last night. The play calling on offense and the absolute inability to cover UNT WR Darden on defense last night was enough to make a preacher cuss. I knew before the game that UNT only had one receiver that we needed to worry about: Darden. Now, if I knew that before the game, why doesn't Skip Holtz? Darden made our DB's look like fools.
    It's interesting that almost every year, Tech is *this close* to being a truly great team. Sure, there are years when we're just plain bad, but I think it wouldn't be a stretch to expect UCF-type success here.

Liberty and CC seem to have figured it out (or at least taken effective advantage of the covid chaos)

+ Reply to Thread