+ Reply to Thread

Thread: @LATechWBB Uses Late Surge To Down GSU

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

@LATechWBB Uses Late Surge To Down GSU

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech used a 15-3 game-ending run to pull away from Grambling State Monday night at the Thomas Assembly Center as the Lady Techsters defeated the Tigers 79-69 before 1,200 fans in a battle of the two Lincoln Parish programs.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: @LATechWBB Uses Late Surge To Down GSU

24 of 35 FTs 69% need to shoot better than that from the line. And why have we struggled with Grambling so much the past two years? Is it a case of this being their Super Bowl and they play way over their heads, or perhaps we are not ready to play mentally assuming it's going to be an easy win, or a combination of the two?

First real test will be at #25 Texas...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

We have been slow to get started and it was Grambling's chance and they knew it. I wouldn't put too much stock in them playing us close. I do think we are going to have our hands full with the post player from Texas. She scored 44 points against North Texas. I am not sure we can compete with her on their team.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    We have been slow to get started and it was Grambling's chance and they knew it. I wouldn't put too much stock in them playing us close. I do think we are going to have our hands full with the post player from Texas. She scored 44 points against North Texas. I am not sure we can compete with her on their team.
    LA Tech's Anna Larr Roberson (6'3) is going to have to go toe to toe with Charli Collier (6'5) the whole game. That's our best shot at keeping the score respectable. The list of accolades bestowed on Collier is truly absurd. I haven't seen a player as decorated as Collier since Brittany Griner played at Baylor.

The message to Roberson should be, "You mirror everything Collier does, and stay in her face all night. Keep her busy. Yes, Collier is big, but she's also not use to shooting against 6'3 players either."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    LA Tech's Anna Larr Roberson (6'3) is going to have to go toe to toe with Charli Collier (6'5) the whole game. That's our best shot at keeping the score respectable. The list of accolades bestowed on Collier is truly absurd. I haven't seen a player as decorated as Collier since Brittany Griner played at Baylor.

The message to Roberson should be, "You mirror everything Collier does, and stay in her face all night. Keep her busy. Yes, Collier is big, but she's also not use to shooting against 6'3 players either."
    I hope Roberson has the game of her life! You are correct that it will take her to compete with Collier. Our best chance is to get Collier in foul trouble and even the playing field some.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I don't know much about Texas, haven't seen them play, obviously, haven't "scouted" them, so this is just a stab in the dark, based on assumptions/speculation...

if UT depends on the 6'5" Collier to be their go-to gal i.e. their offense is designed to go thru her, then she needs to be taken out of the flow, make someone else beat you. That is especially true if Collier is also a good passer. So, you double team her...put a big girl behind her to play a mostly position/passive defense, and an athletic small forward or maybe even a taller guard in front to deny her the ball. Of course, this tactic won't work if UT has other scorers who will simply torch you with 20+ points each. And, they probably do.

We can't afford for our big girls to get into foul trouble trying to defend Collier. Would be great to get her into foul trouble...but this is a UT home game with biased Big 12 refs, so...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I don't know much about Texas, haven't seen them play, obviously, haven't "scouted" them, so this is just a stab in the dark, based on assumptions/speculation...

if UT depends on the 6'5" Collier to be their go-to gal i.e. their offense is designed to go thru her, then she needs to be taken out of the flow, make someone else beat you. That is especially true if Collier is also a good passer. So, you double team her...put a big girl behind her to play a mostly position/passive defense, and an athletic small forward or maybe even a taller guard in front to deny her the ball. Of course, this tactic won't work if UT has other scorers who will simply torch you with 20+ points each. And, they probably do.

We can't afford for our big girls to get into foul trouble trying to defend Collier. Would be great to get her into foul trouble...but this is a UT home game with biased Big 12 refs, so...
    Well, we're all making some assumptions since we haven't seen UT actually play. Since Collier scored 44 points (?) on UNT last week, I'm assuming she is an integral part of UT's scoring offense and their "go to" gal, as you put it.

That said, I like your idea of the double team. Our 6'3" Roberson should be paired with a smaller, quicker guard who can assist on defense. The LT guard's job will be to harass Collier, try to force Collier into making turnovers, and of course draw the bulk of the fouls so Roberson doesn't have to. Fresh legs will be imperative. This can be addressed by rotating two of our quickest guards. Rotating two guards on Collier will keep the defensive intensity high and also spread the defensive fouls out over 2 people.

I like the game plan the two of you have. Makes sense... Let's just hope UT doesn't have a bunch of 3 point shooters to go along with their inside weapon.

+ Reply to Thread