+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/10 Tech @ TCU (6 PM) - Game

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Tech/TCU December 12th

I thought the UNT game had been postponed or cancelled. So, this changes things. We'll enter the TCU game 5-3 and having played/practiced recently.

Go Dawgs...beat the not-so-mean Green and beat dem Frogs!

2004 Bowl Confidence & 2006 NIT Bracket Champion hoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nice

Money

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    HD: when things are "normal" again, I would love for Tech to travel up to South Bend for a game. I will be there for that one!

As for this TCU game, I think it makes more sense to schedule a conference game, if possible, and maybe we tried and it just couldn't be pulled off, OR! we scheduled a "win." Now, one might say, well, maybe the Dawgs will beat TCU. Of course, I hope so. But then again, once scheduled, I had hoped we wouldn't get smashed by BYU...we all saw how far that hope got us. I just don't see how losing to TCU, falling to 4-4, is gonna help our situation. But, maybe one of you geniuses can explain that...

I actually, just before kickoff, had flashes of Hey! maybe the Dawgs will surprise me and win, or at least actually compete! But then that BYU game started... So, if this game is played, I will again, have that measure of HOPE the Dawgs can pull it off.

But, at this point in this messed-up season, a much easier opponent makes more sense to me. It has been 5 weeks since we played. It's not that TCU is enjoying some great season. They are 4-4 with a loss to Iowa State, who got pummeled by ULL! But...there are still easier opponents out there we could be playing IF the objective is to simply get the team back on the field, in some prep toward playing a bowl game. That's my point.

All that said....Go Dawgs, beat dem Frogs!
    LA Tech isn't trying to schedule a "win" by scheduling a road game at TCU. That's ridiculous. LA Tech is scheduling TCU because, 1) they are available, 2) they are a beatable P5 and 3) TCU is right in the middle of LA Tech's recruiting pipeline in DFW.

They are also an OOC game, which is much easier to schedule these days.

By the way that Iowa State team you talked down about has sole possession of 1st place in the Big XII this year. I said, FIRST PLACE! With a 7-1 conference record. They beat Texas, Oklahoma, Baylor, OSU and TCU in addition to others.

It's funny, a couple of months ago I accused many FBS schools of cancelling and/or postponing some games --particularly conference games-- for "strategic" reasons. You (paraphrasing) were one of many who openly poo-pooed the whole idea, stating essentially, that these schools have too much integrity to do something like that. However, looking back now, this is EXACTLY what happened in our own conference. HAHA! We had cancellations (or postponements) that we know were "strategic" in nature (e.g., FIU, UNT, Rice, etc...) just on our own schedule. And it was worse for many others in CUSA.

All that to say, it's much easier late in the season for a school to schedule a non-conference game than it is to schedule a conference game, simply because the implications of a conference win or loss are more impactful to a team's or coach's fortunes. Now you can even see UAB fans (and they aren't alone) on the CUSA board openly questioning "why should we schedule Marshall and risk another CUSA loss, when we can schedule Rice and a guaranteed win instead, which will give us the CUSA West title?"

Yep, you've lived long enough to see all that college football "integrity" go right out the window and be replaced by "strateegery".

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

My point about mentioning TCU's loss to Iowa State was to put "pressure" on Holtz and those who think we are so superior to the UL-Xs. Namely, ULL clobbered ISU 31-14, ISU beat TCU, and thus TCU must really, really, really suck big time! And therefore Tech should donkey-stomp TCU!

As far your singing the praises of ISU because they are 7-1 vs. Big 12 teams....well, they lost to ULL and the Big 12 is 0-3 vs. the Belch. Speaks for itself.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    My point about mentioning TCU's loss to Iowa State was to put "pressure" on Holtz and those who think we are so superior to the UL-Xs. Namely, ULL clobbered ISU 31-14, ISU beat TCU, and thus TCU must really, really, really suck big time! And therefore Tech should donkey-stomp TCU!

As far your singing the praises of ISU because they are 7-1 vs. Big 12 teams....well, they lost to ULL and the Big 12 is 0-3 vs. the Belch. Speaks for itself.
    LA Tech should Donkey Stomp TCU? LOL! Please don't....... This LA Tech team will be lucky to keep it within 20 points of TCU. And it won't affect Skip Holtz at all.

I know this may be a shock to you, but --based upon what we've seen so far this year-- ULL probably is a much better team than LA Tech --and maybe even better than Iowa St-- this year. I hate ULL, but they are proving that IT CAN BE DONE, by a G5 school. No excuses. And apparently ULL shows up every week, instead of having 2 or 3 WTF games each season like LA Tech does. Could ULL have beaten BYU this year. Probably not. But this 2020 Cajun team probably would not have rolled over and played dead in Provo the way LA Tech did either. Even UTSA (who lost by 7 pts) made BYU look more human than LA Tech did.

It's time to live in realville. To quote Mike Ditka, "We are who we are". Let's Just all admit it, and move on.

Okay...gotcha!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    LA Tech should Donkey Stomp TCU? LOL! Please don't....... This LA Tech will be lucky to keep it within 20 points of TCU. And it won't affect Skip Holtz at all.

I know this may be a shock to you, but --based upon what we've seen so far this year-- ULL probably is a much better team that LA Tech --and maybe even better than Iowa St-- this year. I hate ULL, but they are proving that IT CAN BE DONE, by a G5 school. No excuses. And apparently ULL shows up every week, instead of having 2 or 3 WTF games each season like LA Tech does. Could ULL have beaten BYU this year. Probably not. But this 2020 Cajun team probably would not have rolled over and played dead in Provo the way LA Tech did either. Even UTSA (who lost by 7 pts) made BYU look more human than LA Tech did.

It's time to live in realville. To quote Mike Ditka, "We are who we are". Let's Just all admit it, and move on.
    See, you do make sense most of the time.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I wouldn't want to bet any money on whether this game actually happens or not, and I sure wish we were playing in a more normal year, but - for any planning to try to attend (not sure what the Amon Carter restrictions are this season) there is parking available at my church.

It's $40 per car, but you'd be pretty close. In normal years that's about as close as you can get without being in some sort of frog booster club, and comparable to other lots nearby. Again, I don't know what it's looked like this year.

Not sure how much is still applicable in this weird year, but the old Fort Worth thread from the bowl is here. One clear change I'd add is that as much as we love Fuzzy's Tacos, if you're at all careful about COVID exposure, I gotta tell you, that place makes me pretty nervous. Obviously, comfort levels vary - so do what you're into, we do like the food. It's just a kind of tight space and that particular location's clientele aren't amazing at following masking rules, etc (it's right by the school so very college dive vibe, other locations pretty different).

If you're coming in and have questions let me know and I'll do my best. We've been fairly careful about distancing through all this and haven't been out much so I may not be up on the latest closures, etc. But I'll give it a shot if anyone is looking for a particular experience or type of dining or whatever.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I think this may be a great year to play TCU. I am fine with this move.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    LA Tech should Donkey Stomp TCU? LOL! Please don't....... This LA Tech team will be lucky to keep it within 20 points of TCU. And it won't affect Skip Holtz at all.

I know this may be a shock to you, but --based upon what we've seen so far this year-- ULL probably is a much better team than LA Tech --and maybe even better than Iowa St-- this year. I hate ULL, but they are proving that IT CAN BE DONE, by a G5 school. No excuses. And apparently ULL shows up every week, instead of having 2 or 3 WTF games each season like LA Tech does. Could ULL have beaten BYU this year. Probably not. But this 2020 Cajun team probably would not have rolled over and played dead in Provo the way LA Tech did either. Even UTSA (who lost by 7 pts) made BYU look more human than LA Tech did.

If i had to choose for 2020, I would rather have Napier as our head coach, the current ULL o-line over ours, probably the starting ULL QB over our two, and likely a couple of the ULL DB's. Oh how some things change so fast.

Varsity Bulldog bubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around here bubdawg's Avatar

Why does TCU want to play/pay us? Not complaining, just curious

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bubdawg View Post
    SMU had to cancel on them to start the season and isn't allowed to schedule a non-conference game for December 12. With four straight postponements and three games lost from the schedule, Tech was looking for a game. Just hope Dr. Wood made it worth our while financially.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Just hope Dr. Wood made it worth our while financially.
    I'm not concerned. It will only cost us a tad more than the trip to S'Port would have cost and less than the trip to Waco. If we get ANYTHING in addition to travel costs, we will be ahead of not playing any game at all. We need the reps even if we lose...and I fully expect to lose.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bubdawg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    SMU had to cancel on them to start the season and isn't allowed to schedule a non-conference game for December 12. With four straight postponements and three games lost from the schedule, Tech was looking for a game. Just hope Dr. Wood made it worth our while financially.
    Yeah, Big 12 only allowed one OOC game. TCU had already lost a game with Cal (I think) when Pac-12 shut down, and then chose SMU over an FCS game for their one. But then it got cancelled (can't remember which side) and they haven't been able to work out a rescheduled date. I'm sure they'd rather be playing SMU, but like us they just want to get in whatever games they can. We were looking, they were looking, very regional, I assume the money worked out (as MD said, wouldn't take much to be a net gain over nothing or even what we originally had scheduled). It worked out.

I would LOVE it if this relationship works out with an occasional game during normal years.

Isaiah Graham Bowl right?

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Yeah, Big 12 only allowed one OOC game. TCU had already lost a game with Cal (I think) when Pac-12 shut down, and then chose SMU over an FCS game for their one. But then it got cancelled (can't remember which side) and they haven't been able to work out a rescheduled date. I'm sure they'd rather be playing SMU, but like us they just want to get in whatever games they can. We were looking, they were looking, very regional, I assume the money worked out (as MD said, wouldn't take much to be a net gain over nothing or even what we originally had scheduled). It worked out.

I would LOVE it if this relationship works out with an occasional game during normal years.

Isaiah Graham Bowl right?
    TCU and SMU play every year, so that game was in TCU's original schedule and then as the only OOC game in its revised schedule.

+ Reply to Thread