+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bulldogs and Warhawks Meet on Thursday

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Re: Bulldogs and Warhawks Meet on Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    Junior's stats look great until you see that he went 0-6 on FT
    Yeah, I should have never commented on his 6-7 FTs against NWST. I may have jinxed the guy.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    Junior's stats look great until you see that he went 0-6 on FT
    In the first two games Junior was 8 of 9. He's had a nice shot at the line all three nights. Where it was mostly nothing but net in the first two, last night the ball bounced all around the rim and wouldn't fall. We'll see what's what, but I think he just had a bad night.

But free throws was the only thing where he was off last night. When a team starts triple teaming you, hang off of you like a cheap suit, pound on you under the basket and you still pull a double - double, you're doing something right.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    1-43? What was the 1 win? Give that coach a raise, baby!
    Volleyball (1-22). Coach is some young guy named Charlie Olson, in his second year. He is currently considering a career change to selling used cars.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    A true sleeping giant.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    In the first two games Junior was 8 of 9. He's had a nice shot at the line all three nights. Where it was mostly nothing but net in the first two, last night the ball bounced all around the rim and wouldn't fall. We'll see what's what, but I think he just had a bad night.

But free throws was the only thing where he was off last night. When a team starts triple teaming you, hang off of you like a cheap suit, pound on you under the basket and you still pull a double - double, you're doing something right.
    That’s fair. Each time I see Lofton play I get more optimistic about what a stud he will be one year from now. As I said before, I hope he is liking it at Tech and playing for our coach(es).

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post

i think u r spot on. he has a really nice shooting stroke. i think the 3 guys hanging on him was the difference from the line. his shot was a little flatter than it has been been. his mechanics are extremely sound; he should b a plus 80 free throw shooter eventually.

watching him and Crawford gets me excited. they r 2 of the most complete players we have had in YEARS

and Pemberton is just a baller

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    i think u r spot on. he has a really nice shooting stroke. i think the 3 guys hanging on him was the difference from the line. his shot was a little flatter than it has been been. his mechanics are extremely sound; he should b a plus 80 free throw shooter eventually.

watching him and Crawford gets me excited. they r 2 of the most complete players we have had in YEARS

and Pemberton is just a baller
    I agree agree and agree. I kind of forget about Crawford at times. I think he is still kind of managing his return from injury (even though he had a big game against NWST). His minutes vary a bit. He reminds me of former Laker James Worthy. He is somewhat a quiet and behind the scene kind of player but he makes an impact and is good in all facets. Put a beard on him and let’s see how Worthy he actually looks. He has the Worthy posture and movement down.

Pemb works works works. He loves to rebound at both ends. His hustle is like of Big Mo’s last season.

We can add Cobe Williams to the list too as long as he can get a handle on his turnovers. He had few nightmare moments last season against tougher competition, but he has been really good this year. I hope his assist numbers start to trend upward.

A lot to be excited about with Bulldog basketball.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Seemed like it took several games last season before Crawford completely adapted to live action. I don't think it's really a physical thing. The entire game seemed to "slow down" for him at some point and he figured out how to impose his will. He's a cerebral guy who sees more than what's in front him. I think the same thing about Christon but he was never able to get over the psychological threshold to where he could relax and play with confidence.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Imo for this early in the season we haven't looked as solid at this stage since Mike White's 3rd & 4th seasons. I think we have more depth than those teams. The style of play is different.

This team will not go undefeated. So when we lose a game, everybody doesn't need to lose their minds, call for Konkol's head or whatever.

But it sure would be sweet to NOT pick up the first loss of the season this weekend. Would love to tack a tiger skin on the wall!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Need to beat LSU. No excuses.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Need to beat LSU. No excuses.
    yes indeed

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    I agree agree and agree. I kind of forget about Crawford at times. I think he is still kind of managing his return from injury (even though he had a big game against NWST). His minutes vary a bit. He reminds me of former Laker James Worthy. He is somewhat a quiet and behind the scene kind of player but he makes an impact and is good in all facets. Put a beard on him and let’s see how Worthy he actually looks. He has the Worthy posture and movement down.

Pemb works works works. He loves to rebound at both ends. His hustle is like of Big Mo’s last season.

We can add Cobe Williams to the list too as long as he can get a handle on his turnovers. He had few nightmare moments last season against tougher competition, but he has been really good this year. I hope his assist numbers start to trend upward.

A lot to be excited about with Bulldog basketball.
    there IS a lot to b excited about. my focus on those 3 is not a slight to anybody on the this team or any of our past teams.

Mike White plugged in misfit toys and it was a joy to watch. this team appears to have far less lovable misfits.

I get what you are saying about Crawford being quiet, but he does EVERYTHING well. The only weakness in his game may b the continued recuperation from injury. As far as Junior goes, I am trying not to get overly excited; it is rare for a big to translate his game to D1 quickly. However, he appears to b special. It looks like our staff just money-balled into a gem.

+ Reply to Thread