+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Bowl Options for Tech

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: 3 Bowl Options for Tech

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    2 road games in 4 days? That's insane! And incredibly dangerous for the players.
    I agree, but over on the CUSA board one of there own was saying the same thing about that not being a possibility until their coach came out and said its not off the table. Their fan was flabbergasted as well.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I agree, but over on the CUSA board one of there own was saying the same thing about that not being a possibility until their coach came out and said its not off the table. Their fan was flabbergasted as well.
    Probably just coach chatter. I think Appy State will be in New Orleans. Coastal and ULL will play elsewhere. Probably don't want Appy State, Houston is the best shot victory.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

3000 in the dome for a game. Whats the purpose? I mean talk about social distancing. The Mayor of NOLA is an absolute fruitcake, I think even the fruitcakes that voted her in office are tired of her. A bowl there is a waste of time for fans, nothing going on downtown. We'd be better off going to Frisco from a fan experience perspective. However, this is COVID bowl season so it doesnt count anyway.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Update news this morning out of New Orleans.....

Mayor will allow 3,000 for New Orleans Bowl and Sugar Bowl. Capacity for the Superdome is 74,295. This equals roughly 4% capacity.
    That's just silly.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    3000 in the dome for a game. Whats the purpose? I mean talk about social distancing. The Mayor of NOLA is an absolute fruitcake, I think even the fruitcakes that voted her in office are tired of her. A bowl there is a waste of time for fans, nothing going on downtown. We'd be better off going to Frisco from a fan experience perspective. However, this is COVID bowl season so it doesnt count anyway.
    .....with absurd decisions like this (the 3K fan limit), the New Orleans Bowl should simply move to Texas for a year or two. Everybody else is doing it..........

Until the people of New Orleans quit electing kook's for mayor, this is what you're asking for........Grow up, people.

Bulldog bluegrass dawg isn't thought very highly of around herebluegrass dawg isn't thought very highly of around here bluegrass dawg's Avatar

I vote they move it to Pensacola instead

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

After last night I vote we turn down any bowl options. Oh I know...don't take it out on the players. Let's reward our coaching staff and players for that abysmal showing at TCU. Everyone needs a trophy.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I think we will better served taking our, ahem, 5-4 "winning" season to the house, no bowl this year. Just cite China virus reasons.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Let us now focus our embarrassment on MBB. Football is over

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Let us now focus our embarrassment on MBB. Football is over
    I've written off hoops and casting my hopes on the diamond.

Between the BYU game and the TCU game, LA Tech football took two of the worst beatings I've ever seen this season. And I've been watching LA Tech football since 1973. Both games were literally over in the 1st Qtr. That kind of humiliation shouldn't happen to a school that has been in FBS as long as LA Tech has (31+ years).

Our football team was TOTALLY UNPREPARED for what happened last night. In short, our team was overwhelmed. Our receivers dropped easy passes all night from both QB's, our kick returner dropped two kickoffs --and then compounded the problem on the first one by falling down on his own 3- yd line to start the game. He and our coaches repeatedly (4 times) made bad decisions about when to return a kickoff vs simply "fair catching" the ball, and taking the start from the 25-yd line. This coaching ignorance forced our offense into an awful starting field position, which we never overcame. A simple decision by our coaching staff to "fair catch" the kickoffs would have given our offense some breathing room to start at the 25-yd line instead of the 3-yd line. Why in the world is Toussant returning kicks anyway? He's awful. Our team also got flagged for more penalties than I recall in a long time.

And our tackling. O lord, our tackling is still awful. Is it any wonder the TCU radio guys were literally making jokes about our tackling before the game this week?

It might have also been the worst special teams performance I've seen. In addition to our numerous kick return flaws, we missed a chip shot FG, and our punting was still awful.

I'm telling ya, nobody wants to admit it, but Skip Holtz's best coaching days are behind him. He's done. You can stick a fork in him. LA Tech better get a new HC in here ASAP before we end up in a situation similar to what USM just went through when their HC Jay Hopson was forced to resign after their Game #1 this season. Putting off the inevitable "tough decision" caused many of USM's football players to Opt out, while others entered the transfer portal. USM also had to deal with two different Interim coaches and lost financial supporters in the process. In short, doing "nothing" in a timely fashion totally ruined USM's 2020 season, and simply made things tougher on the next guy.

It's always better to be pro-active rather than reactive about these situations. I don't want LA Tech to be the next USM or UTEP. Let's don't do the same thing with football that we did with our men's basketball program and Jerry Lloyd a few years ago. It takes too long to recover from something like that.

Basketball has NEVER recovered! Prior to Lloyd we went to 9 straight NCAA or NITs. Since then, in about 30 years, ZERO NCAAs and a few NITs, that's it. The Russo-Eagles combo is the best coaching duo, and back to back head coaches Tech has had in MBB, and certainly one of the best overall. White did okay here, but still no conference auto-bids to the NCAAs. Barmore was NOT followed up...so no back to back there. We have faired a little bit better in football, insomuch, as we have managed to field "decent" teams, Holtz, for instance, has not been a total disaster. Neither was Crowton or Dykes. Each has accomplished some things and kept the program mostly respectful.

As frustrated as I get with Holtz, and last night was a humdinger, it is disingenuous to say he has not been a "good" coach. As it stands at the moment, he has had 7 straight winning seasons. Someone go back and look at Tech's history (I will later), and see how that measures up to past coaching stints. Since Lambright, 7 straight winning seasons is pretty damn good.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to all

Yeah, I got that email too, and replied.....didn't make any regular season games and sure not going to a toilet bowl around Christmas...and replied so...Thanks to Covid, and our continuing issues from the whole frat thing two years ago, our sum level of people who care about athletics is at rock bottom...and now we have a sizable budget loss to deal with...there are better days ahead(hopefully)....the new AD has quite the challenge...maybe he will truly make a difference...

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

So what happens if we get into a "Toilet Bowl" and Allen goes down. Who is to play QB? Elliott is gone, so who is next in line? We need to plead "not enough qualified players at a key position" and refuse to go to ANY bowl. This team does not deserve even a participation trophy.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Between the BYU game and the TCU game, LA Tech football took two of the worst beatings I've ever seen this season. And I've been watching LA Tech football since 1973. Both games were literally over in the 1st Qtr. That kind of humiliation shouldn't happen to a school that has been in FBS as long as LA Tech has (31+ years).

Our football team was TOTALLY UNPREPARED for what happened last night. In short, our team was overwhelmed. Our receivers dropped easy passes all night from both QB's, our kick returner dropped two kickoffs --and then compounded the problem on the first one by falling down on his own 3- yd line to start the game. He and our coaches repeatedly (4 times) made bad decisions about when to return a kickoff vs simply "fair catching" the ball, and taking the start from the 25-yd line. This coaching ignorance forced our offense into an awful starting field position, which we never overcame. A simple decision by our coaching staff to "fair catch" the kickoffs would have given our offense some breathing room to start at the 25-yd line instead of the 3-yd line. Why in the world is Toussant returning kicks anyway? He's awful. Our team also got flagged for more penalties than I recall in a long time.

And our tackling. O lord, our tackling is still awful. Is it any wonder the TCU radio guys were literally making jokes about our tackling before the game this week?

It might have also been the worst special teams performance I've seen. In addition to our numerous kick return flaws, we missed a chip shot FG, and our punting was still awful.

I'm telling ya, nobody wants to admit it, but Skip Holtz's best coaching days are behind him. He's done. You can stick a fork in him. LA Tech better get a new HC in here ASAP before we end up in a situation similar to what USM just went through when their HC Jay Hopson was forced to resign after their Game #1 this season. Putting off the inevitable "tough decision" caused many of USM's football players to Opt out, while others entered the transfer portal. USM also had to deal with two different Interim coaches and lost financial supporters in the process. In short, doing "nothing" in a timely fashion totally ruined USM's 2020 season, and simply made things tougher on the next guy.

It's always better to be pro-active rather than reactive about these situations. I don't want LA Tech to be the next USM or UTEP. Let's don't do the same thing with football that we did with our men's basketball program and Jerry Lloyd a few years ago. It takes too long to recover from something like that.
    This is exactly right! Holtz was done two years ago and is charred to a crisp done now. The whole program is on life support right now because we have a few athletes scattered about on the team. I can see the concern of a SMiss fragmenting but I’m more concerned about ULM cataclysm. Don’t think it’s not possible. We’re already circling the drain. All it’ll take is another bad decision or two and we’ll be toiletted for good.

As for the players and this shit of a year, IF they get a bowl invite, I’d leave it to them to decide to play or not. It’s their game after all.

+ Reply to Thread