+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleveland to drop Indians

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Cleveland to drop Indians

Just put a red dot on the mascot's forehead and say it refers to the people of India, who are the only true "indians" anyway.

Every time this silly crap comes up, I go back to my argument of this. IF referring to a group of people as a sports' mascot is insulting/offensive/racist then change the name to Nazis. Yes, the Cleveland Nazis baseball team. They would have cool logos. Oh, what? You say that would be horribly wrong to do that? Oh, I thought referring to a group of people as a sports' mascot is insulting, offensive (to them), and other negative ramifications. Why should anyone care if a bunch of Nazis are insulted?

Just as long as Notre Dame keeps the "Fightin' Irish" I don't care what the other silly groups want. We Irish love it!

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Just put a red dot on the mascot's forehead and say it refers to the people of India, who are the only true "indians" anyway.

Every time this silly crap comes up, I go back to my argument of this. IF referring to a group of people as a sports' mascot is insulting/offensive/racist then change the name to Nazis. Yes, the Cleveland Nazis baseball team. They would have cool logos. Oh, what? You say that would be horribly wrong to do that? Oh, I thought referring to a group of people as a sports' mascot is insulting, offensive (to them), and other negative ramifications. Why should anyone care if a bunch of Nazis are insulted?

Just as long as Notre Dame keeps the "Fightin' Irish" I don't care what the other silly groups want. We Irish love it!

LOL. Good one!

I particularly dislike this name change as the Indians were my father and grandfathers favorite team. Lots of childhood memories around a transistor radio listing to Indians games.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    LOL! GREAT movie! One of the funniest sports movies of all-time.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

What about the Irish? Celtics? NHL’s Ottowa? MLS’s Timber’s? Don’t want to offend the trees.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    What about the Irish? Celtics? NHL’s Ottowa? MLS’s Timber’s? Don’t want to offend the trees.
    Don't dare mess with the Irish! Dem's fighting words, we love the Fightin' Irish! And, the Celtics is okay too. We Irish aren't easily offended. Heck, we've been kicked out of every decent country in the world.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't dare mess with the Irish! Dem's fighting words, we love the Fightin' Irish! And, the Celtics is okay too. We Irish aren't easily offended. Heck, we've been kicked out of every decent country in the world.
    Irish in my family as well. I just think everyone should be as offended as humanly possible. It’s only fair that no one can do anything without pissing someone off who can then shut you down.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

And that stereotypically angry (and always ready to fist fight/anger management issues), red-headed Leprechaun as the mascot?! As a non-Catholic, Irish descendant, I find this very insensitive and degrading.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    And that stereotypically angry (and always ready to fist fight/anger management issues), red-headed Leprechaun as the mascot?! As a non-Catholic, Irish descendant, I find this very insensitive and degrading.
    John Wayne said his favorite movie was "The Quiet Man." I love that flick!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

John Wayne said his favorite movie was "The Quiet Man." I love that flick!
    Yep! And as long as we're talking Irish and Indians...I also remember 1992's "Far and Away." It was somewhat of a historically-based drama that follows Irish immigrants (played by Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman) on their journey to America and ultimately participation in the OK Land Rush of 1893. These settlers had an opportunity to homestead some 6 million acres of formerly Cherokee grazing land in what was know then as Indian Territory. How's that for weaving our discussion about the Irish and the Natives together? LOL!

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

To top it off My great grandmother was a little girl in a covered wagon when her family participated in the OK Land Rush, and they were Irish.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I’m concerned there are indigenous and tribal Indians all over the globe on many continents. This move it total PC crappola at its worst.

+ Reply to Thread