+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Tech Accepts Invitation to R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl - latechsports.com

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Louisiana Tech Accepts Invitation to R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl - latechsports

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyarms View Post
    https://latechsports.com/sports/2020...e-central.aspx

"LA Tech Athletics is limited to 1,000 tickets per the designation of the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl and the city of New Orleans.

There are 100 tickets available for LA Tech students for $40 on a first-come, first-serve basis in sections 111, 112, 116 and 117. "
    No problem. You guys help yourselves to 'em.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Re: Louisiana Tech Accepts Invitation to R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl - latechsports

I want to see Holtz put to the test of what he can do in a fairly even matched situation with his back to the wall knowing that his coaching will have to overcome some player position weaknesses. Second, I want the players rewarded with what they’ve had to endure this year. Third, we clearly need the practice and experience. Fourth, it’ll give me something to yell about on TV that day.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn’t Ga Southern run the option? We will get throttled.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Go Dawgs!!!!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Utah was MWC during their streak: Mountain West (1999–2010)
    Whitingham is a hoss in bowls. Best active winning rate. Skip could jump to a winning percentage of 3/4 this month.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Whitingham is a hoss in bowls. Best active winning rate. Skip could jump to a winning percentage of 3/4 this month.
    Yes he is very impressive in bowl games. Two other coaches also were head guys at Utah during that 1999-2010 streak, Ron McBride and some guy named Urban Meyer.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Doesn’t Ga Southern run the option? We will get throttled.
    I never thought our DC would be able to get the needed LBs in his system. He has proven me wrong so far. Tackling skills are lacking, but I think they do well in staying home to disrupt the play, which is really all it takes to stop the option.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I never thought our DC would be able to get the needed LBs in his system. He has proven me wrong so far. Tackling skills are lacking, but I think they do well in staying home to disrupt the play, which is really all it takes to stop the option.
    When Bama ran the wishbone under Bear Bryant they were practically unstoppable. But, Notre Dame beat them twice by scores of 7-0 and 13-11. Ara Parseghian was asked how they did it. After the second game, and no other games vs. Bama scheduled, Parseghian said "we used assignments." A defender was assigned to each back, 3 RBs and 1 QB. Wherever they went, our "shadow" went. That left 7 other defenders to react to plays as they developed, but even then they had very strict, disciplined "areas of assignment." Kind of like 4 guys playing man-to-man, and 7 guys playing zone. The result was Bama was not able to bust big plays, and had to rely on grinding it out. Drives would stall.

Defense has to be very disciplined against the option. Stay in your lanes, stay wider than the offense, and I like the idea of using "shadows" like Parseghian did. Of course, if you have a DL that can get off blocks and get penetration, that disrupts the option.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Good stuff. Good memory!
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    When Bama ran the wishbone under Bear Bryant they were practically unstoppable. But, Notre Dame beat them twice by scores of 7-0 and 13-11. Ara Parseghian was asked how they did it. After the second game, and no other games vs. Bama scheduled, Parseghian said "we used assignments." A defender was assigned to each back, 3 RBs and 1 QB. Wherever they went, our "shadow" went. That left 7 other defenders to react to plays as they developed, but even then they had very strict, disciplined "areas of assignment." Kind of like 4 guys playing man-to-man, and 7 guys playing zone. The result was Bama was not able to bust big plays, and had to rely on grinding it out. Drives would stall.

Defense has to be very disciplined against the option. Stay in your lanes, stay wider than the offense, and I like the idea of using "shadows" like Parseghian did. Of course, if you have a DL that can get off blocks and get penetration, that disrupts the option.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I agree. The part of our D that always concerns me is our DBs. I think they are skilled, but young. If we can stay disciplined with the front 7, I think an option team plays to our strengths.

If the D stands firm, we’ll be good for the duration.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I agree. The part of our D that always concerns me is our DBs. I think they are skilled, but young. If we can stay disciplined with the front 7, I think an option team plays to our strengths.

If the D stands firm, we’ll be good for the duration.
    I thought I had seen that we've been good at getting other teams behind schedule (forcing lots of 3rd and longish plays) but not so good at giving up lots of 3rd and longish plays. I'm sure TCU will have skewed all our stats the wrong way across the board, this would have been before that game.

But if we can do that with an option team that really relies on staying on schedule, that'd be a good sign for us. It is encouraging that we've had such great LB play this year when I'm not sure we expected that.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

We looked terrible against a good TCU team

Georgia Southern BARELY beat ULM..........We win

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    We looked terrible against a good TCU team

Georgia Southern BARELY beat ULM..........We win
    They, also, only lost to ULL by one point. Almost all their games are close. I think the only loss they have that was totally lopsided was UMass. They got killed in that one. They beat Army, which is their only signature win.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    They, also, only lost to ULL by one point. Almost all their games are close. I think the only loss they have that was totally lopsided was UMass. They got killed in that one. They beat Army, which is their only signature win.
    They lost to Army.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

They beat UMass 41-10. Every other game they have played has been a very close win or loss, except for a 2 TD loss to Coastal.

+ Reply to Thread