+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints expected to start Brees

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Saints expected to start Brees

Saints are toast. Had another nice run, but typical of this team, the playoff WTF game is to come.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Saints are toast. Had another nice run, but typical of this team, the playoff WTF game is to come.
    Already had it against Philly.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I mean in the playoffs.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

I mean in the playoffs.
    Yeah picking one team to not win the Super Bowl is a pretty good bet, especially the Saints based on recent playoff history. Two weeks ago I would say flip a coin between the Steelers and Chiefs, but the Steelers lost two in a row. The NFC is wide open, anybody but whatever wins the East (probably WFT). If I had to pick right now I would say Chiefs over Packers. Going with the chalk. Maybe the Steelers, Bills, Saints or Rams could make it interesting. Now if the Browns could........................... I won't even say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Yeah picking one team to not win the Super Bowl is a pretty good bet, especially the Saints based on recent playoff history. Two weeks ago I would say flip a coin between the Steelers and Chiefs, but the Steelers lost two in a row. The NFC is wide open, anybody but whatever wins the East (probably WFT). If I had to pick right now I would say Chiefs over Packers. Going with the chalk. Maybe the Steelers, Bills, Saints or Rams could make it interesting. Now if the Browns could........................... I won't even say it.
    Steelers lose three in a row. Chiefs are clear AFC favorites now, followed by the Bills. Steelers recent drop off is historic. Only thing they have going for them is Saints lost three in a row before 2009 playoffs.

Way back in September, I picked Tampa Bay vs. Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl. But, the Steelers are tanking and the Bucs have never lived up to standards. As for the Saints, they will find a way to lose a playoff game. Doesn't matter if it's in the 1st or 2nd round, because ultimately losing is losing. It's what they do.

The AFC appears to be Chiefs vs. Bills, and the NFC is....well, I guess the Packers is one of the teams, and who knows about the other? The NFC is very weak this year. There is an opportunity for just about any team to get hot, and a little lucky, and make a playoff run, which will probably end up on "the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field!"

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Way back in September, I picked Tampa Bay vs. Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl. But, the Steelers are tanking and the Bucs have never lived up to standards. As for the Saints, they will find a way to lose a playoff game. Doesn't matter if it's in the 1st or 2nd round, because ultimately losing is losing. It's what they do. The AFC appears to be Chiefs vs. Bills, and the NFC is....well, I guess the Packers is one of the teams, and who knows about the other? The NFC is very weak this year. There is an opportunity for just about any team to get hot, and a little lucky, and make a playoff run, which will probably end up on "the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field!"

The problem for the Saints the past 3 seasons is the fact their O Line has been banged up each year in the playoffs.

The same thing is happening right now with Easton out and Peat battling nagging injuries. Cesar Ruiz has also never been 100% since training camp. Armstread is just coming back from 2 weeks of Covid where he didn't see the light of day.

If they can somehow get healthy, they'll have a shot.Like many in both the New Orleans and national media, I like the idea of the Saints playing Green Bay in the cold and on grass in an empty Lambeau than the Packers coming to New Orleans to an empty Dome. The Packers appear to be the turf team while the Saints - if mostly healthy - appear to be built for a slower track in the cold.

Saints score 52 and Brees has zero TD passes. Meanwhile Brady throws 4 more yesterday to widen his lead for all-time #1 in TD passes. Brees is the first QB to pass the 80,000 yard passing mark. Brady is the first, and only, player in NFL history to make the playoffs 12 straight seasons. That and his 6 Super Bowl rings, and has led his team to the SB 9 times, is why he is such a winner. Look at what has happened to Bilichick and his Pats...stuck with one of the crappiest QBs ever, Cam Newton , and Tampa Bay breaks their 12-year drought of missing the playoffs with Tom Terrific at QB. There is NO doubt who is the GOAT QB.

As for the Saints, we won't go anywhere unless that defense we had earlier this year shows up for the playoffs. The last three games they have stunk. It is true, KC and Minnysoda have two of the top 5 offenses in the NFL this year, so....but the Eagles suck and they ran all over the D. Drew Brees will NOT win the Saints another Super Bowl...that is, he won't be the reason the team wins, if indeed it does. The defense, the rest of the offense, and the damn special teams! all need to step up big time.

Who Dat! Go Saints!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

At this point, the Saints should rest every starter until the playoffs.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Good chance we beat Carolina with every bench player getting a start.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    At this point, the Saints should rest every starter until the playoffs.
    Saints are still alive for the #1 seed...but have to beat Carolina to even have a chance. Then, failing that, there's the #2 seed to shoot for, because we want Seattle pushed down to #3 so an NFC semi-final would be Seattle at New Orleans, not the other way around. Winning out in Seattle is tough, even w/o a big crowd.

In case you didn't know, the Saints earn the #1 seed ONLY IF they, Green Bay and Seattle all finish 12-4. Saints have the tie-breaker in the 3-way tie scenario.

Good chance we beat Carolina with every bench player getting a start.
    Nah! no way we beat Carolina w/o our starters, and they probably going most of the way. Hopefully the Saints can build a nice lead and then rest the starters, but I doubt that. Those Dirty Kats won't do us any favors, they will play hard and play to win.

Saints are still alive for the #1 seed...but have to beat Carolina to even have a chance. Then, failing that, there's the #2 seed to shoot for, because we want Seattle pushed down to #3 so an NFC semi-final would be Seattle at New Orleans, not the other way around. Winning out in Seattle is tough, even w/o a big crowd.

In case you didn't know, the Saints earn the #1 seed ONLY IF they, Green Bay and Seattle all finish 12-4. Saints have the tie-breaker in the 3-way tie scenario.
    I didn’t know that. I was thinking Green Bay had it because of head to head.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

I didn’t know that. I was thinking Green Bay had it because of head to head.
    If the Saints and Seahawks win this week and the Packers lose to the Bears the Saints will have the No. 1 seed.

+ Reply to Thread