+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LA Tech Hosts Lamar in Saturday Tilt

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LA Tech Hosts Lamar in Saturday Tilt

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    You had three girlfriends on a weekend trip and found time to watch a baseball game? I am very impressed!!!
    That was D80’s mom and 2 sisters. 😉

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    You had three girlfriends on a weekend trip and found time to watch a baseball game? I am very impressed!!!
    It was a basketball game...and dayum, I needed a break. Had to get them out of the apartment and out in public for a few hours.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    That was D80’s mom and 2 sisters. 
    ......now that's funny right there.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Lamar was salty in baseball too, back then.

I went to a game at Lamar, in 1980 I think it was, Andy Russo's 1st or 2nd year, our 20-win team with Joe Ivory. Their place was packed. We got seats right behind the Tech bench...there were 5 of us, my brother who lived in Houston, and three of my girlfriends who went to spend the weekend down there. After the game was over I had dozens of Lamar fans say to me "you are the best opposing fan we've ever had in here." I was surprised by it, but my brother told me afterwards, "dayum! you really get into it. And, you are loud!" I never realized that.

We beat Lamar by 1 point at the TAC in 1985 in the conference tourney. But earlier that year, in what remains THE BEST BASKETBALL EVER PLAYED IN THE TAC, during the regular season, we beat Lamar and USL...both by double digits, but all three teams played lights out. Lamar was a perfect 30 for 30 from the FT line, for instance. Before the 3-pt shot was restored, USL was bombing from way behind the arc...I mean WAY behind it, and they shot something like 60% from the floor. Unbelievable shooting performance. But neither Lamar or USL had a defensive answer for our efficient half-court offense, and the Dawgs shot something like 70% from the floor.
    I remember the TAC was packed to the gills. They gave out a little clicker as a noise maker. Not that we needed it, the dunk-o-meter was off the charts. Super loud crowd and as electric as I've ever experienced.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Dumars was given a new expensive car for signing with McNeese. That comes from 2 alumni that were there at the time and knew it as fact.
    Do you remember the car Karl drove while at Tech?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    .....well, don't leave us hanging.....inquiring minds want to know?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I remember the TAC was packed to the gills. They gave out a little clicker as a noise maker. Not that we needed it, the dunk-o-meter was off the charts. Super loud crowd and as electric as I've ever experienced.
    Oh yeah! and two very close wins over Lamar and NLU. I don't think it was a officially a sellout, but it was very, very close. And it was rocking!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

No but I figure it was a truck.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Several family members of Dumars were given jobs, as well. McNeese went on probation for those types of excesses within their program, and the coach at the time Glenn Duhon lost his job.

What was happening at Tech in the 80s was nothing compared to what was going on in south Louisiana and with some of our competition in the leagues we were in.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

No but I figure it was a truck.
    I remember him having a corvette, if my memory is correct. That was his last year at Tech, though.

+ Reply to Thread