+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LA Tech’s Bowl Winning Streak Comes to an End in 38-3 Loss to Georgia Southern - late

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

LA Tech’s Bowl Winning Streak Comes to an End in 38-3 Loss to Georgia Southern - late

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech (5-5, 4-2 C-USA) saw its six-bowl game winning streak reach its end on Wednesday as the Bulldogs lost, 38-3, to Georgia Southern (8-5, 4-4 Sun Belt) at the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl inside the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Re: LA Tech’s Bowl Winning Streak Comes to an End in 38-3 Loss to Georgia Southern -

Poor tackling on Defense and NO OFFENSE!!!

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Re: LA Tech’s Bowl Winning Streak Comes to an End in 38-3 Loss to Georgia Southern -

"It certainly wasn't the way that we wanted to finish," head coach Skip Holtz said. "I was really proud of the way that the team competed."

Regardless of the game’s outcome or how true it really is, that’s Holtz’s go to line. I guess in this day and age of blowing smoke and not ever wanting to hurt anybody’s feelings he can’t say, ‘we simply didn’t play hard or play smart today.’

"Overall, they fought until the end," Holtz said. "I give Georgia Southern an awful lot of credit. It was a hard-fought game on both sides."

Truth is, GS had their way with Tech as evidenced by the whopping 38-3 beat down score. If anything was hard fought it was watching this game to the end. If not for pulling for Head to make a mark for next season I would’ve turned it off way before the end.

I’d much prefer for Holtz do his job so when he says the team competed it would be indisputably true and proven so by the results on the scoreboard.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It was just embarrassing. I am glad it was at 2pm on a Wednesday.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    "It certainly wasn't the way that we wanted to finish," head coach Skip Holtz said. "I was really proud of the way that the team competed."

No way he actually said that. "...proud of the way that the team competed." No one is that ludicrous to actually believe that, especially the one making the asinine statement.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post

"Overall, they fought until the end," Holtz said. "I give Georgia Southern an awful lot of credit. It was a hard-fought game on both sides."
    These quotes are easily translated for anyone with a functional brain who watched or even only followed the game as it played out.

What HCSH was really saying is......

“I am thankful this season is finally over. It is obvious by now that I do not have the stones, coaching intelligence, or competitive spirit to take this program to a championship level even in the crap-hole conference that is C-UAB.”

“Even though Georgia Southern does not have the talent we have brought in to Tech over my tenure as head coach, they sure made us look like a Jr High football team. We worked hard to look like total crap on offense and destroy the spirit of our defense. Thankfully we have demoralized our players and taken all the enjoyment out of playing in this program. With mass exodus of key players we will certainly get away with a sub-par product on the field in 2021.”

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

CUSA is the worst FBS conference...well, Marshall plays Buffalo, a win might cast the MAC as the worst...provided the Blunderin' Turd win. Regardless, it is clear CUSA is at the bottom, and any wins over any CUSA team has to have an * by it, questioning the quality of it. We didn't beat anybody worth a damn. We played two decent teams, BYU and TCU, and got our asses handed to us.

There were some reasons, yes, but we got ourselves into the situation of having to play true freshmen because our staff had dropped the ball over the past several years to assure a good distribution across classifications. I'd rather hear a coach say, "We got our asses kicked, by a mediocre Sun Belt team. Fact. The team we had on the field in New Orleans was not the line-up we had envisioned last spring, true. But every school had to deal with virus issues, opt-outs, and we did not do as good a job as others. Further, every one of the players who put on a Tech uniform this week is supposed to be a college football caliber player...and very few looked like it. We did not compete..."

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    No way he actually said that. "...proud of the way that the team competed." No one is that ludicrous to actually believe that, especially the one making the asinine statement.
    Those were quotes taken directly from the article. You can verify that for yourself. I suspect you already know that, you just can’t believe it like the rest of us can’t.

CUSA is the worst FBS conference...well, Marshall plays Buffalo, a win might cast the MAC as the worst...provided the Blunderin' Turd win. Regardless, it is clear CUSA is at the bottom, and any wins over any CUSA team has to have an * by it, questioning the quality of it. We didn't beat anybody worth a damn. We played two decent teams, BYU and TCU, and got our asses handed to us.

There were some reasons, yes, but we got ourselves into the situation of having to play true freshmen because our staff had dropped the ball over the past several years to assure a good distribution across classifications. I'd rather hear a coach say, "We got our asses kicked, by a mediocre Sun Belt team. Fact. The team we had on the field in New Orleans was not the line-up we had envisioned last spring, true. But every school had to deal with virus issues, opt-outs, and we did not do as good a job as others. Further, every one of the players who put on a Tech uniform this week is supposed to be a college football caliber player...and very few looked like it. We did not compete..."
    Haha, as true as it is, Holtz would explode if he said anything like that.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Further, every one of the players who put on a Tech uniform this week is supposed to be a college football caliber player...and very few looked like it. We did not compete..."
    Agreed! Very few played their heart and guts out.

+ Reply to Thread