+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: C-USA Play Opens this Weekend for LA Tech versus Marshall

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Re: C-USA Play Opens this Weekend for LA Tech versus Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    Ledoux may be our leading scorer at times, but he can also be a big liability. When he drives to the basket it is usually negative odds for a positive outcome. He gets charges called against him half the time or he puts up a wild contested shot. I better stomach him overly taking and missing 3’s trying to find his shot than when he drives the lane in our set offense. Even with 3’s though, at what point do you get him out of the game if it is just an off night for him? I think he believes in his mind he is a 20+ pts/game player, but that isn’t reality. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t. He has to keep shooting to find a rhythm.

This team doesn’t have anyone who is a 20 to 30 pts/game player. It is a bunch of 4 to 16 pts/game players. Occasionally one will have a 20+ pt game but not consistently.
    LeDoux is definitely streaky and I also cringe when he puts it on the floor. He is okay going left, but it is a mostly negative proposition if he starts to his right hand.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

There are times when LeDoux needs to ledon't but he's extremely valuable overall. I actually like how he attacks to basket but I can't figure out how he doesn't realize if there are 3 guys contesting him at the rim, there's probably somebody else open. He also sometimes passes on an open 3 only to shoot a contested step back 3. I want him to shoot open 3's. Archibald confounds me with his shooting at times too. It's like he slightly mistimes the shot and it turns into a weird angle instead of shooting it at the height of his jump. Both of those guys are really good overall though.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I thought we dirtied up the game with our physicality and it threw Marshall out of sorts. They want to play with finesse and rhythm but we crowded them on defense and attacked them on offense. I like bully ball with this team. Jr and Gordon and Crawford attacking the rim with Pemberton crashing the boards. They can definitely out shoot us but it's important for us to take open 3's so they won't just crowd the basket. I think we're better than them if we play ​bully.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Get out the brooms! Go for the sweep Dawgs! (this sounds like baseball)

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    There are times when LeDoux needs to ledon't but he's extremely valuable overall.
    Niiiiice.........LOL! I like that one........

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I thought we dirtied up the game with our physicality and it threw Marshall out of sorts. They want to play with finesse and rhythm but we crowded them on defense and attacked them on offense. I like bully ball with this team. Jr and Gordon and Crawford attacking the rim with Pemberton crashing the boards. They can definitely out shoot us but it's important for us to take open 3's so they won't just crowd the basket. I think we're better than them if we play ​bully.
    Me too, boxer. "Bullyball" is a great way to describe it.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I truly believe Lofton is a star in the making! For a freshman and for a guy that seems overweight, he is IMPRESSIVE under the goal. He may be a Paul Milsap type player by his junior year. I love it when he gets the ball close to the basket!

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

Lyn Rollins with new material: “He can heat it up like a microwave.”

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Vincent "Vinnie" Johnson (born September 1, 1956), is an American retired professional basketball player and was a key player as sixth man for the Detroit Pistons during the team's National Basketball Association (NBA) championships of 1989 and 1990. He was nicknamed "the Microwave" in the NBA.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I truly believe Lofton is a star in the making! For a freshman and for a guy that seems overweight, he is IMPRESSIVE under the goal. He may be a Paul Milsap type player by his junior year. I love it when he gets the ball close to the basket!
    Lofton's got good ball skills, a nice shooting touch and he works real well in traffic. He just can't jump.

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    Vincent "Vinnie" Johnson (born September 1, 1956), is an American retired professional basketball player and was a key player as sixth man for the Detroit Pistons during the team's National Basketball Association (NBA) championships of 1989 and 1990. He was nicknamed "the Microwave" in the NBA.
    I can't believe you mentioned Vinnie, "The Microwave" Johnson. LOL! I loved that player. I started to mention him earlier in the thread when we were talking about LeDoux's hot and cold shooting, but I figured nobody but me even knew who Vinnie Johnson was.

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

Tech up 40-27 at halftime.

I can't believe the call they just made against Lofton with 11:43 left and Tech nursing an 8 pt lead. Really, really bad call.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I can't believe the call they just made against Lofton with 11:43 left and Tech nursing an 8 pt lead. Really, really bad call.
    Horrible

+ Reply to Thread