+ Reply to Thread

Thread: @LATechWBB Rallies for OT Win

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

@LATechWBB Rallies for OT Win

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Keiunna Walker scored 26 points and Raizel Guinto hit a huge three-pointer in overtime to lead Louisiana Tech to a 61-51 victory over Marshall Friday at the Cam Henderson Center in the Conference USA opener for both teams.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: @LATechWBB Rallies for OT Win

Good road win.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

WTG Techsters!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It was a great game at the end! I don't like when the Dawgs and the Techsters games overlap, though. I had the Techsters on the computer and the Dawgs on tv yesterday. I was very worried at halftime, but we had some players REALLY step up in the second half and OT! Good start to the season. Not sure I like playing 2 days in a row against the same opponent, though.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

I think the league should have been scheduling this way all along. It doesn't make sense to require unnecessary travel.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Glad to get the W, but Marshall is 1-2 with their victory over 1-5 Radford.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

A win is a win, but to call that a nice win is charitable. Tech won't have a chance to break .500 in conference if it keeps having 20-minute stretches of awful offense like it had in last night's game.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    I think the league should have been scheduling this way all along. It doesn't make sense to require unnecessary travel.
    I don’t like it - on the men’s side - we have to play Preseason 1 & 2 on road 4 times. 2 & 3 at home, don’t play preseason #5, 6, 10, or 11. That’s 8 games vs. the perceived toughest opponents where normally half of those would have been against #5, 6, 10 & 11.

I’d like to see permanent divisions - but it’s difficult with the odd number of travel partners (7). You’d have to put MTSU or UAB in another division and that causes a whole other set of problems (6/8 team divisions).

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

What was up with Anna Larr Roberson last night? She shot only 20% from the field (2 of 10), and scored only 4 pts and had 3 rebounds in 23 min of play. For goodness sake, she's 6'3, and Marshall has no one even close to her size. Look it up! I expect more from Roberson.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...oster/_/id/276

Regardless, this was a good road win for the Lady Techsters. Congrats to the team.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    What was up with Anna Larr Roberson last night? She shot only 20% from the field (2 of 10), and scored only 4 pts and had 3 rebounds in 23 min of play. For goodness sake, she's 6'3, and I expect more from her.

Regardless, this was a good road win for the Lady Techsters. Congrats to the team.
    Marshall was all over her. I think they believed if they could shut her down, they could win it. Not an excuse, because she is going to have to learn teams are going to do that, but glad we had some step up.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Marshall was all over her. I think they believed if they could shut her down, they could win it. Not an excuse, because she is going to have to learn teams are going to do that, but glad we had some step up.
    Good info. Thanks. I didn't get to see the game. Hopefully, she and the team learns how to take advantage of situations like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Good info. Thanks. I didn't get to see the game. Hopefully, she and the team learns how to take advantage of situations like this.
    She seemed frustrated. She is going to have to learn how to handle this. I think she is on a learning curve, though.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    If you remember Karl Malone was like that his first year, the '82-'83 season. He thought he could do like he did at tiny Summerfield at the low level of HS ball, but found it just wasn't so at Division I basketball. Early on, vs. Texas-Pan Am for instance, they were triple teaming him at times and Malone wouldn't pass it. Instead he fouled out with maybe 6 pts, with FOUR offensive fouls as he tried to bull his way to the basket. Russo taught him to be a team player and he became a deadly inside passer, and the Dunkin' Dawgs were off and winging!

It's all about coaching...

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    If you remember Karl Malone was like that his first year, the '82-'83 season. He thought he could do like he did at tiny Summerfield at the low level of HS ball, but found it just wasn't so at Division I basketball. Early on, vs. Texas-Pan Am for instance, they were triple teaming him at times and Malone wouldn't pass it. Instead he fouled out with maybe 6 pts, with FOUR offensive fouls as he tried to bull his way to the basket. Russo taught him to be a team player and he became a deadly inside passer, and the Dunkin' Dawgs were off and winging!

It's all about coaching...
    . Totally agree!

+ Reply to Thread