+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mid January Review.....

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Mid January Review.....

Just looking ahead at the Dunkin' Dawgs short term schedule. Yes, the Bulldogs (2-2, in CUSA) have dropped 2 games in CUSA, but both losses were against arguably the top two ranked preseason teams in CUSA --to Marshall in Ruston, and @WKU. Furthermore, the Dogs also won a game against both of those opponents in each series. So....we are definitely competitive with the top of CUSA.

Looking ahead, IMO the Dawgs should win the next 6 games (against UTSA, @UTEP, @USM & USM), and should (there's that word again) travel to UNT on 2/5 with an 8-2 record in CUSA. That series will probably dictate how the Dogs finish down the stretch. Stay healthy and win those two games in Denton, and Tech will be 10-2 in CUSA and very well positioned to finish the season #1 in the west. Lose both, and it may be game over.

I think we need to run the table on the next 6 games because they are all very winnable. I know playing in El Paso is always tough, but this team should simply be better than UTEP this year. So, win these 6 games, and that could set up a really special series when this team travels to Denton.

1/15 Texas-San Antonio * 6:30 PM ESPN+
    1/16 Texas-San Antonio * 6:00 PM ESPN+
    1/22 @ Texas-El Paso * 8:00 PM ESPN+
    1/23 @ Texas-El Paso* 7:00 PM ESPN+
    1/28 @ Southern Mississippi * TBA CBSSN
    1/30 Southern Mississippi * 2:00 PM ESPN+
    2/5 @ North Texas * 7:00 PM Stadium
    2/6 @ North Texas * 1:00 PM Stadium

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Mid January Review.....

When we are clicking, we are nearly unbeatable. We've got the talent.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I like our team. Driving to Ruston for my 4th game instead of watching it on TV. I should have bought season tickets.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

We certainly have the ability to do this! Of course, it is just for seeding. If we have the ability, I would rather win the tournament for once... Both the regular season and tournament would be icing (and make the tournament a little easier - not much). Anyway, it all depends on if we are clicking or not. I have seen us play extremely well and very poor. Just hoping that if we get a big win streak, we will develop a lot of confidence for the tough match ups down the road.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

We all know WINNING is contagious. IMO, now's the time for this Tech team to get accustom to winning. Every basketball game doesn't have to be a nail biter. I want to see the Dunkin Dawg's run thru the tape, and win at least 3 of these next 6 games by double digits. THAT'S what I want to see from Konkol and Company. It's very doable against these teams. That should build some confidence for this Tech team.

+ Reply to Thread