+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Walker, Harris Lead @LATechWBB to Win

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Walker, Harris Lead @LATechWBB to Win

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

After struggling through a first half that saw it score only 19 points, Louisiana Tech exploded in the third and fourth quarters to defeat UTSA 69-51 Friday night at the Convocation Center.

More...

Discuss it here.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Walker, Harris Lead @LATechWBB to Win

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    This was just another example of the team showing up NOT READY TO PLAY. The Lady Techsters scored only 8 points in the 1st Qtr. EIGHT POINTS! They dug themselves a big hole early when they trailed Marshall 34-21 at halftime.-- HogDawg on 1/03/2021, after the Marshall loss.
    Brooke needs to figure out why this team continues to start games so slowly. In this game against UTSA, the Lady Techsters only scored 5 points in the 1st qtr. They also only scored 8 points in the 1st qtr of a game they won against WKU last week. And you can see from my post above (on 1/03/2021) that the Techsters only scored 8 pts in the 1st qtr against Marshall in a game the previous week.

Wow! I mean, it's one thing to have a very poor start once. But to have a poor start this many times means there's probably something wrong that needs to be fixed. WTH?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Brooke needs to figure out why this team continues to start games so slowly. In this game against UTSA, the Lady Techsters only scored 5 points in the 1st qtr. They also only scored 8 points in the 1st qtr of a game they won against WKU last week. And you can see from my post above (on 1/03/2021) that the Techsters only scored 8 pts in the 1st qtr against Marshall in a game the previous week.

Wow! I mean, it's one thing to have a very poor start once. But to have a poor start this many times means there's probably something wrong that needs to be fixed. WTH?
    Totally agree! We are a VERY streaky team and the streaks never come at the beginning. I am happy that we fight till the end and pull some of these out, but something has to be figured out about the starts we have. We won't be able to come back on the stronger teams.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

There's an old saying in sports, "It's not how you start, it's how you finish." But y'alls' point is well taken. Against good teams you can did yourself a hole you won't be able to dig out of. How about a "break-even" 1st quarter, then get hot after that!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    There's an old saying in sports, "It's not how you start, it's how you finish." But y'alls' point is well taken. Against good teams you can did yourself a hole you won't be able to dig out of. How about a "break-even" 1st quarter, then get hot after that!
    I do agree that the strong finish is the most important IF you aren't too far down. My choice would be get up on them early and keep them down, though. Same for our men.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I do agree that the strong finish is the most important IF you aren't too far down. My choice would be get up on them early and keep them down, though. Same for our men.
    Very true. I have to question both HC’s of our women’s and men’s teams as far as being plugged into their separate psychic buttons to push. Especially since it’s a repeat and wash story so far. But I’ll obviously take the ugly wins at this point but they have their work cut out.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Girls looking good today

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

HALF

Tech 29
    UTSA 25

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    Girls looking good today
    7 of 13 from the FT line and a bunch of silly turnovers. Luckily, UTSA sucks big time.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Malcolm said it all in the pregame. In the first 5 conference games Tech shot 18% from the field in the first quarter. Double that and it's still below average.

5:15

Tech 63 36

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    7 of 13 from the FT line and a bunch of silly turnovers. Luckily, UTSA sucks big time.
    Better 2nd half, still just 67% from the FT line and finished with 19 TOs. Did shoot 58% from the floor, which is good any night.

+ Reply to Thread