+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maybe the best to ever play passes

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Re: Maybe the best to ever play passes

IMHO, those 5 years cost Ted:

200 HR
    400+ runs
    500+ RBI
    1000 hits
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Forearms and wrist action. Nobody else has ever been able to do what he did.

Maybe the best ever? IDK, but I'd pick one of these...

Ted Williams, Joe DiMaggio, or Pete Rose.
    Yeah I probably got caught up in the moment with maybe the best ever. I go with this top ten.

1 Babe Ruth
    2 Ted Williams
    3 Willie Mays
    4 Hank Aaron
    5 Ty Cobb
    6 Walter Johnson
    7 Cy Young
    8 Lou Gehrig
    9 Stan Musial
    10 Mickey Mantle

I keep Barry Bonds off the list because of the 'roids. Plus I met him once horrible human being.

Joe D is somewhere in the next 10.

Met Pete Rose a couple of times, he ranges from nice guy glad to meet fans, to can't shut the guy up. But nowhere near the best to ever play. He Joe Morgan and Johnny Bench were my favorite players as a kid. But still not top 20 to ever play. Too many of the early players dominated the game.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Yeah I probably got caught up in the moment with maybe the best ever. I go with this top ten.

1 Babe Ruth
    2 Ted Williams
    3 Willie Mays
    4 Hank Aaron
    5 Ty Cobb
    6 Walter Johnson
    7 Cy Young
    8 Lou Gehrig
    9 Stan Musial
    10 Mickey Mantle

I keep Barry Bonds off the list because of the 'roids. Plus I met him once horrible human being.

Met Pete Rose a couple of times, he ranges from nice guy glad to meet fans, to can't shut the guy up. But nowhere near the best to ever play. He Joe Morgan and Johnny Bench were my favorite players as a kid. But still not top 20 to ever play. Too many of the early players dominated the game.
    A good list. The name I think you're missing is Honus Wagner. Both a great fielding SS and one of the best hitters in the game during his time (something that's seldom been true of SSs). If you discount the 'Roids, Bonds and Clemens would be in the Top 10. In fact, Bonds would be #1. However, I don't think you can discount the fact that he spent nearly a decade of his career blatantly cheating. If I had a HOF vote, I'd probably vote for him, but I don't even really consider him in the greatest ever discussion.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post

1 Babe Ruth
    2 Ted Williams
    3 Willie Mays
    4 Hank Aaron
    5 Ty Cobb
    6 Walter Johnson
    7 Cy Young
    8 Lou Gehrig
    9 Stan Musial
    10 Mickey Mantle

i am not a baseball guy by any stretch of the imagination and i have been chastised for listing Mantle among the greatest.

However, based upon my limited knowledge, I would at least rank him as the most physically gifted on your list with the possible exception of Williams

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Griffey Jr has always been one of my favorite baseball players of all times. The game always seemed like it was half speed for him, and nobody had a better swing. If it wasn’t for injuries, his numbers would have been more incredible than they already are (.284 career average, 630 HRs, 13x All Star, 10 Gold Gloves). Junior is definitely a top 15-20 of all time.

+ Reply to Thread