+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defense Leads @LATechWBB To Win

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Defense Leads @LATechWBB To Win

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Friday night saw a match-up of one of Conference USA's top offensive teams against one of the league's top defensive teams in the first of a two-game series between North Texas and Louisiana Tech.

More...

Discuss it here.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Defense Leads @LATechWBB To Win

It's interesting that the Lady Techsters shot so much better from the free throw line last night than our men did. Our ladies hit 22 of 25 (88%) from the free throw line, while our men were 7 of 16 (43.75%) last night.

Both the men and women shoot from the same free throw line, right? I mean......it's not like the ladies are shooting from a closer distance.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

It’s because the ball is smaller. That explains a 40% difference, right?

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, smaller ball equals huge advantage.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    It’s because the ball is smaller. That explains a 40% difference, right?
    Well, for God's sake man, they've got much smaller hands. I could counter by saying, "the ladies are not near as close to the basket because they are 5'7" instead of 6'7".

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Yep, smaller ball equals huge advantage.
    LOL!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Well, for God's sake man, they've got much smaller hands. I could counter by saying, "the ladies are not near as close to the basket because they are 5'7" instead of 6'7".
    I’m not worried about why the ball is smaller. I’m okay with it because women, in general, so have smaller hands. However. That doesn’t account for a 44% difference in FT shooting for last night.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I’m not worried about why the ball is smaller. I’m okay with it because women, in general, so have smaller hands. However. That doesn’t account for a 44% difference in FT shooting for last night.
    And THAT, was exactly my point. Their both (men and women) shooting it the same distance.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    And THAT, was exactly my point. Their both (men and women) shooting it the same distance.
    Gotch, my fault. Sarcasm meter was not on go today.

+ Reply to Thread