+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LA Tech Athletics Announces Baseball Parking Information for 2021 Home Season

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball LA Tech Athletics Announces Baseball Parking Information for 2021 Home Season

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

RUSTON, La. – Louisiana Tech Athletics has announced updates for baseball parking locations at the new J.C. Love Field at Pat Patterson Park prior to the start of the 2021 season.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Athletics Announces Baseball Parking Information for 2021 Home Season

Sounds as labor intensive as football parking.

Where is the handicap parking?

Will there be signage to direct visitors where to park?

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LA Tech Athletics Announces Baseball Parking Information for 2021 Home Season

That's almost a 500-car lot. With physical distancing capacity limits (assuming 25%), that's more parking spaces than people that can be in the grandstand.

I would expect a parking setup like that only if the stadium actually seated 2,500+ with no physical distancing limits.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

When is the last time La Tech sold out a baseball game?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    When is the last time La Tech sold out a baseball game?
    SRO for Arkansas series

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    That's almost a 500-car lot. With physical distancing capacity limits (assuming 25%), that's more parking spaces than people that can be in the grandstand.

I would expect a parking setup like that only if the stadium actually seated 2,500+ with no physical distancing limits.
    It is for football too. We lost a good amount with the build of the softball/soccer facilities.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    It is for football too. We lost a good amount with the build of the softball/soccer facilities.
    My comments were about the space allocations for baseball this year, nothing else.

That lot likely won't be more than half full for any baseball game this year due to the capacity limits. Limiting it to LTAC only for baseball should have happened next year at the earliest.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    My comments were about the space allocations for baseball this year, nothing else.

That lot likely won't be more than half full for any baseball game this year due to the capacity limits. Limiting it to LTAC only for baseball should have happened next year at the earliest.
    This is likely our former AD's plan that is being implemented just because...

FWIW, there are much better places to park than anywhere in that lot. No foul balls to worry about there. Ironic that the "best parking" in the new lot has the highest chance for losing a windshield or needing a new hood. I reckon they can afford it.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Tech priced people out of paying for parking at football games and reduced attendance. So, I guess once that dumbass shit worked so well once (not), the peabrains at Tech decided to do it for baseball too. What a bunch of idiots. You’d think the decision makers would understand that in all the hard times people have been through to ease up on picking their pockets would be the smart thing to do. I don’t get it. If you want asses in the seats then quit all the money grubbing.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

So a guy who happens to be in town for something else and there is a baseball game.... They don't want him to park any where close. What if he does give to LTAC, how does he demonstrate that to the parking personnel??? Why make this complicated???? I swear, Tech athletics takes calculus classes to make simple decisions!

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    This is likely our former AD's plan that is being implemented just because...

FWIW, there are much better places to park than anywhere in that lot. No foul balls to worry about there. Ironic that the "best parking" in the new lot has the highest chance for losing a windshield or needing a new hood. I reckon they can afford it.
    I parked in that lot for years and my car got noticeably dinged by only one foul ball. At least that was off of Rafael Palmeiro's bat in 1984.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    So a guy who happens to be in town for something else and there is a baseball game.... They don't want him to park any where close. What if he does give to LTAC, how does he demonstrate that to the parking personnel??? Why make this complicated???? I swear, Tech athletics takes calculus classes to make simple decisions!
    No single game tix this year

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

What kind of a parking privilege will a season ticket holder get? Did I understand correctly that seating will be limited to 25% capacity? If so, is this applicable to both both suites and unwashed mass seating? Why is it considered safe for the airlines to pack em in shoulder to shoulder in a very confined space and it isn't safe to watch a baseball game shoulder to shoulder in the outdoors?

I quit going to the football games because of the parking insanity. I am 81 years old but continued to attend the basketball games because I could enjoy the handicapped parking lot if I got to the TAC no later than noon on game night. Now it appears that the athletic department brain trust has eliminated me as a baseball fan.

LSU is limiting capacity to 25%. No way any other university in the state will be allowed any higher percentage until LSU can.

+ Reply to Thread