+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock Market- Investing

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: Stock Market- Investing

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    I may have been too late to sell my home. We are putting it on the market in mid June and plans are to move back to Ruston on family land. We will both work remotely and begin a much simpler lifestyle with a garden, raising our own beef, and chickens. Can't wait..
    That sounds like the American dream.

Hopefully the market stays hot and you can get yours sold close to the top.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I may have been too late to sell my home. We are putting it on the market in mid June and plans are to move back to Ruston on family land. We will both work remotely and begin a much simpler lifestyle with a garden, raising our own beef, and chickens. Can't wait..
    Welcome back home! No place like it.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Welcome back home! No place like it.
    Can't wait.. Only issue I was concerned about was good internet speed, but I think I have that one worked out now. I will say even the more rural parts of N Louisiana seem to be better with internet coverage than S Louisiana.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Can't wait.. Only issue I was concerned about was good internet speed, but I think I have that one worked out now. I will say even the more rural parts of N Louisiana seem to be better with internet coverage than S Louisiana.
    AT&T fiber?

They advertise that anyway.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Anyone have any insight into Intel and Cisco? Intel in particular is being bashed by the Wall Street talking heads.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Anyone have any insight into Intel and Cisco? Intel in particular is being bashed by the Wall Street talking heads.
    Citi just said that Intel will pre-announce a miss in revenues and income, and cut their price target to $45. Intel is at least a three year play when they plan to become the biggest (or one of the biggest) chip fabricators in the world. Unfortunately they are quite large and are having a difficult time changing direction.

I was looking at Cisco the other day. Nice dividend and not likely to become obsolete. Getting kind of interested in them as their price declines.

I already have a little bit of Intel and plan to buy more if it gets into the 30s.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Thanks.

Both Intel and Cisco would be new positions for me, would like as low an entry point as possible, of course.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Isn’t HD retired from Cisco?

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Isn’t HD retired from Cisco?
    I think so, which is why I am only now considering buying Cisco .

I think so, which is why I am only now considering buying Cisco .
    That's good stuff!

Intel dipping below $40...getting tempting. Cisco is also getting closer to the $40 mark. But now I'm thinking we're not even close to the bottom yet. Not just for these two but the market as a whole.

The chickens are coming home to roost! This is Biden et al in all their glory. All of you morons who voted for this POS and support the Democraps...shame on you! Recession looms, the economy is getting clobbered, and the average American is paying the high price. Wall Street is the scoreboard, if you will, a stark, visible indicator of the state of affairs. So! that means opportunities are ahead for we long-term investors. It's bargain basement time, and it will soon be time to go shopping (buying!). I have been nibbling a little bit beating ex-dividend dates on some of my holdings, but mostly I am sitting on a pile of cash! Have flipped three houses since February and sold one of my long-time rental properties, all of it parked in a low-interest-paying money market account. Have to deploy those funds ASAP. And I see opportunity looming.

I suppose I should thank Sleepy Joe and the morons who placed him there.

Intel dipping below $40...getting tempting. Cisco is also getting closer to the $40 mark. But now I'm thinking we're not even close to the bottom yet. Not just for these two but the market as a whole.

The chickens are coming home to roost! This is Biden et al in all their glory. All of you morons who voted for this POS and support the Democraps...shame on you! Recession looms, the economy is getting clobbered, and the average American is paying the high price. Wall Street is the scoreboard, if you will, a stark, visible indicator of the state of affairs. So! that means opportunities are ahead for we long-term investors. It's bargain basement time, and it will soon be time to go shopping (buying!). I have been nibbling a little bit beating ex-dividend dates on some of my holdings, but mostly I am sitting on a pile of cash! Have flipped three houses since February and sold one of my long-time rental properties, all of it parked in a low-interest-paying money market account. Have to deploy those funds ASAP. And I see opportunity looming.

I suppose I should thank Sleepy Joe and the morons who placed him there.
    Yeah, I'm not buying anything yet. Consumer sentiment dropped 8 points this month, inflation actually ticked up, and our diaper dandy is running around the country (globe) clueless to how his policies are destroying America.

I started reducing my stock holdings in March (even the oil and gas holdings I bought when the price of oil supposedly went negative) and got to 97% cash. I am not a great fan of the stock market to begin with.

My stock market advice (don't lift your stick too soon):

https://youtu.be/FaF5MAY1Wow

Nearly 2 hours to today's opening bell and the DOW implied opening is down another 600 points. Whoa! keep your powder dry, we ain't hit bottom yet.

Nearly 2 hours to today's opening bell and the DOW implied opening is down another 600 points. Whoa! keep your powder dry, we ain't hit bottom yet.
    Woe! what a day. I am down $48,000 just today! In one frickin' day! And more "pain" to come tomorrow as we are still not at the bottom. Another 8% overall to go, at least. Strange thing is usually on days like this I can point at a sector, a handful of stocks as the big culprits. But in this case there is no one sector that is all that much worse than the others. Market just closed and my single biggest losers today are down about 10%. It's just that they are ALL DOWN some percentages. Not one finished green either, not one. Add this to Friday's big losses and woe! Oh, the pain! NOT! It's only on paper, or on my computer screen actually.

Now, over the next several days, perhaps longer, it's time to go bargain hunting...and it's a target-rich environment. GLTA!

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Woe! what a day. I am down $48,000 just today! In one frickin' day! And more "pain" to come tomorrow as we are still not at the bottom. Another 8% overall to go, at least. Strange thing is usually on days like this I can point at a sector, a handful of stocks as the big culprits. But in this case there is no one sector that is all that much worse than the others. Market just closed and my single biggest losers today are down about 10%. It's just that they are ALL DOWN some percentages. Not one finished green either, not one. Add this to Friday's big losses and woe! Oh, the pain! NOT! It's only on paper, or on my computer screen actually.

Now, over the next several days, perhaps longer, it's time to go bargain hunting...and it's a target-rich environment. GLTA!
    With the increased cost of food/gas/utilities (Basically everything) I don't have anything leftover to bargain shop anymore..

+ Reply to Thread