Buffet and Munger need to stick to what they do best, long term investing, and stop all the silly rhetoric bashing anything and everything they personally don't like. Munger's attack on trading platforms like Robinhood is uncalled for. I don't use any of the phone app platforms like Robinhood, Webull, M1, etc...but many folks do and it still comes down to individual decision-making by investors. Criticizing such platforms is like criticizing cars just because there are stupid drivers out there. There are very good drivers too and those who use a car for good purposes. Munger called Bitcoin "stupid and evil." Evil? I briefly held a crypto but don't presently and have no plans to do so, but some people see crypto as another investment vehicle. We shall see.

Not to be mean but it bears pointing out that neither one of them should be focusing on "long term" investing or anything else, for that matter. They should both officially retire and go fishing or something.

Meanwhile the market continues its volatile way, not based on fundamentals really. Well, at least there are a lot of individual stocks (companies) which are fundamentally sound and have a promising future whose stock price has been beaten down recently, for no apparent reason. It's the market-makers and those banks of computers with programmed algorithms that drive the market crazy. I am not one to advocate for guv-mint intervention, BUT! maybe the SEC (and Congress if warranted) should establish some tighter parameters for these large organizations. Saw an interview with a senior analyst from Blackrock and he said the dependency on the computers has gotten out of control. Need more human oversight, some common sense to curtail the wild swings in the market. Then he was asked doesn't Blackrock use such computers too and he said, yes, of course! we have to to keep up and protect our clients' assets. This admission, this reality-check...everyone else is doing it so we have to as well....is why only guv-mint involvement will fix the problem. It's like referees in a sport, an "unbiased, neutral third party" to maintain a fair, level playing field. (yes, I know, some refs are notoriously biased).

Here's the bottom line, while entities like Blackrock control $billions in investment assets they still hold only a relatively small slice of the much bigger pie, BUT! they control what the whole pie does. Retail investors and even entities like pension funds get slaughtered through no fault of their own.

**latest figures, Blackrock controls $10 trillion in assets (in USD)