+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock Market- Investing

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Stock Market- Investing

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Speaking of Elon Musk…Within a few hours of receiving a request from the Ukrainians, he had Starlink terminals en route to the Ukraine. They have arrived now.
    Well done Mr. Musk!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Too many investors are simply goofy. And then that triggers the banks of computers with their automatic SELL points and the whole market sinks like the Titanic.

Retail investors are rushing into gold and gold stocks because of Ukraine. That has driven my three gold holdings up GREEN! But, when this crisis passes, which it will, those same retailers will dump their gold stocks and gold will plummet. Education and common sense should be required before someone is allowed to invest in the market...and such requirements should apply to voting too! Some stocks are down for no reason. Now, I am buying up shares here and there, adding to my positions and opening several more. So, it's not like I am not thankful for the opportunities provided by silly retail investors, but "come on, man!"

I'm a retail investor too, just not quite as goofy as the greater lot appear to be.

What effects on the market will this rate hike have? Probably not much. Now, the announcement of 6 more rate hikes coming in 2022 might very well affect the market.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Oh no.. what to do...

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/14/tesla-has-bought-aluminum-from-russian-supplier-rusal-since-2020.html

T
    esla buys aluminum from a Russian company... but mean Putin and Russia has invaded Ukraine. How can Tesla remain virtuous and still buy Russian aluminum??

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    What effects on the market will this rate hike have? Probably not much. Now, the announcement of 6 more rate hikes coming in 2022 might very well affect the market.
    Not sure a quarter point is a good enough weapon against 7+ percent inflation. This could spiral out of control quickly.

This is going to be harsh on me, because I'm on a fixed income (I've always wanted to say that ).

Going to have to stop the deficit spending and free money policies if we want to avoid the 1970's and early 1980's misery. We need Paul Volcker back!

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Oh no.. what to do...

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/14/tesla-has-bought-aluminum-from-russian-supplier-rusal-since-2020.html

T
    esla buys aluminum from a Russian company... but mean Putin and Russia has invaded Ukraine. How can Tesla remain virtuous and still buy Russian aluminum??
    I like Elon Musk. And he has demonstrated a willingness to set his personal and his companies' best interests aside in order to be on the right side of this Putin mess. But, he is also a businessman with tremendous responsibilities to his shareholders, his employees, and to the numbers of suppliers who will all be hurt if Elon proclaims, that's it, I'm shutting Tesla down until further notice. Can he find an alternative supplier for aluminum?

Of course, if this were a Donald Trump company Goosey et al would be all over this DEMANDING Trump to shut down his operations, for the sake of showing solidarity with Ukraine. But, they are predictable that way...

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Well Elon purchased a 9% ownership stake in Twitter. I think this is a genius move as Twitter tried to censor him last year. I see big changes coming at Twitter..

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Well Elon purchased a 9% ownership stake in Twitter. I think this is a genius move as Twitter tried to censor him last year. I see big changes coming at Twitter..
    Yeppers! not to mention bunches of Elon's "followers" (and he has an army of loyal supporters) also jumped in. The % of ownership of Musk-friendly investors is far greater than just his 9%.

Speaking of Elon Musk...

Tesla is up to $1,060+ per share, although several analysts say it is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over bought, Barclay's has a one-year target price of $325 for Tesla, whoa! The consensus is right at $975 though.

Meanwhile Ford is taking hits and its SP is down to 14.85 today. Ford's financials are absolutely immaculate! No reason for this stock to be tanking.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Speaking of Elon Musk...

Tesla is up to $1,060+ per share, although several analysts say it is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over bought, Barclay's has a one-year target price of $325 for Tesla, whoa! The consensus is right at $975 though.

Meanwhile Ford is taking hits and its SP is down to 14.85 today. Ford's financials are absolutely immaculate! No reason for this stock to be tanking.
    Don’t understand the bull case behind auto companies, Are the non-Tesla’s going to all of a sudden become more profitable and less hyper-levered to economic cycles?

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Don’t understand the bull case behind auto companies, Are the non-Tesla’s going to all of a sudden become more profitable and less hyper-levered to economic cycles?
    Ford is profitable, think GM, Toyota, and probably others are too. Unless someone is "cooking the books" Ford is rolling financially. I don't hold any Ford stock or any other car company stock, but have Ford on my watch list and watch it, I have been. Their 1st qtr numbers are eye-popping. Their TTM are awesome too. I don't understand the disconnect between great financials and the stock price.

Just as I was typing that got a Bing! on my phone app alerts, the concern is the confirmed drop in March sales and projected sales for this quarter. Ford is cash-heavy, not in any debt crisis, is generating free-cash flow ($9 billion for the recent quarter) but I suppose all of those great metrics are about to take a hit, thus the drop in the SP. Guess F will remain on my watch list for now...

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Ford is profitable, think GM, Toyota, and probably others are too. Unless someone is "cooking the books" Ford is rolling financially. I don't hold any Ford stock or any other car company stock, but have Ford on my watch list and watch it, I have been. Their 1st qtr numbers are eye-popping. Their TTM are awesome too. I don't understand the disconnect between great financials and the stock price.

Just as I was typing that got a Bing! on my phone app alerts, the concern is the confirmed drop in March sales and projected sales for this quarter. Ford is cash-heavy, not in any debt crisis, is generating free-cash flow ($9 billion for the recent quarter) but I suppose all of those great metrics are about to take a hit, thus the drop in the SP. Guess F will remain on my watch list for now...
    I know they are profitable, but margins are challenged for auto companies that aren’t Tesla. They are also cyclical, so their balance sheet is tied to the overall economy. I don’t want to buy a company just because it is currently profitable. I want to know why it’s profits are going to GROW.

Tough day in the market. Everything is red. Of course, a red day = buying opportunities. I've nibbled a little bit this morning, but the bottom keeps dropping. Wait until the last 20-30 minutes today, market usually goes nuts.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    Yep!

+ Reply to Thread