+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock Market- Investing

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Stock Market- Investing

Pundits claimed the market had already built in the 75 BPS increase. Okay. So yesterday the market rallied, supposedly because Powell did not have any unpleasant surprises (100 BPS). But today, futures are down again...

Saw some talking head on some show I was watching, probably om CNBC, griping that 8 unelected bozos have too much power over the economy. Well, if what the Fed does, or does not do, affects the market so much then explain the market tanking pre-market AFTER the Fed effects have been built in. It's not those 8 unelected bozos so much as it is the ONE unelected clown in the White House! Was satisfied to see Joe Concha pronounce that Jimmy Carter is now officially the second worse POTUS of all time...

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Pundits claimed the market had already built in the 75 BPS increase. Okay. So yesterday the market rallied, supposedly because Powell did not have any unpleasant surprises (100 BPS). But today, futures are down again...

Saw some talking head on some show I was watching, probably om CNBC, griping that 8 unelected bozos have too much power over the economy. Well, if what the Fed does, or does not do, affects the market so much then explain the market tanking pre-market AFTER the Fed effects have been built in. It's not those 8 unelected bozos so much as it is the ONE unelected clown in the White House! Was satisfied to see Joe Concha pronounce that Jimmy Carter is now officially the second worse POTUS of all time...
    And the FED will not be able to stop the inflation caused by 110-120 dollar a barrel oil. Only the unelected idiot in the WH can do that by opening up offshore and federal land drilling, allowing the pipeline from Canada to be built, and getting off of the necks of oil companies. Even then it will take a year or two to recover from all the stupid "green" decisions he has made.

Naturally this idiot is doing just the opposite.

I see lots of pain ahead.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Be prepared for large food shortages.. You are seeing a record number of "fires" or "accidents" at various food processing, meat / chicken processing facilities. Over 1000 cows died in KS this past week. Rumors poisoned water.. I think there is a conscious effort to effect and cripple the food supply. My house goes on the market today. I will be moving back to Lincoln parish on family land. I am not retired yet, but my standard of living will be greatly improved compared to living in Frisco. My property tax savings of 1100 a month will help greatly.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Be prepared for large food shortages.. You are seeing a record number of "fires" or "accidents" at various food processing, meat / chicken processing facilities. Over 1000 cows died in KS this past week. Rumors poisoned water.. I think there is a conscious effort to effect and cripple the food supply. My house goes on the market today. I will be moving back to Lincoln parish on family land. I am not retired yet, but my standard of living will be greatly improved compared to living in Frisco. My property tax savings of 1100 a month will help greatly.
    Your property tax savings of 1100/month. WOW!!!

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    I really don't think we're seeing a concerted effort to cripple the food supply. It's more likely to be the yellow-bus syndrome of people starting to pay more attention the the supply chain in general, so every little incident now starts to get more attention. Several of these incidents either happened in an area close to the plant or only occurred in a non-critical area. https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...acility-fires/

A thousand cows sounds like a lot (and it likely is a lot to the rancher that owned them) but it's barely a blip on the radar compared to the millions of cows that are butchered each month (data from 2019, most recent I could find: https://www.nass.usda.gov/Publicatio...s/lstk0619.pdf)

I hope you're able to get your house sold quickly. With rising interest rates, the housing market will likely be cooling off very soon.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    With rising interest rates, the housing market will likely be cooling off very soon.
    Already starting.

Housing Starts Collapse in May As Inflation and Soaring Interest Rates Hit Hard (breitbart.com)

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

[QUOTE=

I hope you're able to get your house sold quickly. With rising interest rates, the housing market will likely be cooling off very soon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. we may have waited too late to pull the trigger.. Probably should have done this 2 months ago..

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

First 6 months of 2022 is the worst for the market since 1970. Wow! that includes the 4 years of Carter. Congrats to Sleepy Joe for doing worse than Jimmy "the boob" Carter.

Where are all the Bidenites who gleefully posted and cheered after the Dems stole the 2020 POTUS election? Be glad, they said, that Trump was gone and now good ole Joey boy Biden was "in charge." And there are those who are trying to cover for Biden by saying a president doesn't control the stock market/economy and the market does what the market does. While it is true the White House/Congress don't have absolute control such as a monarchy or fascist government would, the policies of the WH (and Congress) have a HUGE influence on the economy and the stock market is the scoreboard, reflecting said policies.

Oh well, I have tons of dry powder and am monitoring matters. I am nibbling a little bit, adding some few shares on dips and opening new positions with minimal shares in some companies I have been eyeing for years. We have all seen the market go down then spring back and afterwards with 20-20 hindsight say, Dang! I should have loaded up on XYZ stock! It'll happen again.

Atlanta's GDP Fed Tracker Turns Negative...

The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta’s GDPNOW economy tracker turned negative on Thursday following the release of economic data on Thursday morning. The tracker now shows the economy shrinking one percent in the April through June period, down from an estimate of 0.3 percent growth earlier this week. For the two weeks prior to this week, the tracker had showed zero growth.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/06/30/atlanta-feds-gdp-tracker-points-toward-another-quarter-of-economic-contraction/

GameStop (GME) announces stock "Dividend" split of 4:1 to put wicked shorters in a bind

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/...e_rocket_ship/

I hold 45 stocks and have 66 on my watchlist, all 111 are in the red this morning. Usually some go up while others go down, for instance gold stocks react the opposite to consumer and industry stocks based on the latest economic news. For gold stocks to join the high beta stocks in dropping points to ZERO confidence in the US/world economic health.

The Biden effect in full force.

Walmart stock plunged over 11% after hours on released full year revenue guidance.

WMT has a 20% surplus inventory they haven't been able to move. Yo WMT folks! try a SIDEWALK SALE! (only, do it inside the a/c stores). Mark everything down and salvage what income you can.

Meanwhile, thanks for the buying opportunity. Will watch it pre-market and just after opening.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

80, when do you think we reach the bottom in the market?

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    80, when do you think we reach the bottom in the market?
    A lot of the bad news is already baked in. Something more traumatic will have to happen to cause a "crash". So, the market is bouncing off the bottom now...again, based on recent news and events.

Caveat: never underestimate Biden et al's ability to cause "something more traumatic." But then you'll know, we'll all know, to duck and brace for a large drop.

I have never stopped nibbling, adding some shares on dips. Still keeping a lot of my powder dry but I am still IN THE MARKET. Investing guru Peter Lynch says never get out of the market. He means to maintain a presence, not be reckless, but also don't totally liquidate either. Just read a research article that traced 100 investors beginning in 1990, so 30+ years. Those who held good dividend-paying stocks and stayed in the market even during bad times faired a lot better than the buy/sell folks. I didn't need the article to convince me. I have employed the Peter Lynch/Warren Buffet strategy for over 40 years now.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    A lot of the bad news is already baked in. Something more traumatic will have to happen to cause a "crash". So, the market is bouncing off the bottom now...again, based on recent news and events.

Caveat: never underestimate Biden et al's ability to cause "something more traumatic." But then you'll know, we'll all know, to duck and brace for a large drop.

I have never stopped nibbling, adding some shares on dips. Still keeping a lot of my powder dry but I am still IN THE MARKET. Investing guru Peter Lynch says never get out of the market. He means to maintain a presence, not be reckless, but also don't totally liquidate either. Just read a research article that traced 100 investors beginning in 1990, so 30+ years. Those who held good dividend-paying stocks and stayed in the market even during bad times faired a lot better than the buy/sell folks. I didn't need the article to convince me. I have employed the Peter Lynch/Warren Buffet strategy for over 40 years now.
    What dividend paying stock would you buy right now? I picked up some Walmart a few weeks back on the dip.

+ Reply to Thread