+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: Stock Market- Investing

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Stock Market- Investing

Mr. Wonderful! not so wonderful...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbTbzZaxmSw

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried has been arrested by the Bahamas police, pending charges coming from the US Attorney General's Office. Bankman-Fried, not understanding his Miranda rights, has been running his mouth.

As for the whole Cryptocurrency sector...no thanks. I think FTX is just the first domino set to tumble.

Tesla is crashing. Just saw a pundit from a Wall Street investment firm setting a price target for Tesla of $85. It's about $150 now. Musk just sold another $3.5 billion worth of Tesla stock, hello! and goodbye! I like Elon Musk and wish him no ill-will, but as I posted some months ago, I have not invested even a dime in any of his companies. Not Tesla, not Spacex, and not Twitter either, none of 'em. Instead, as I posted, I follow the Warren Buffet model of "slow and steady," and I hold "boring" stock in companies like Coca-Cola, Johnson & Johnson, Proctor & Gamble, etc... (and some riskier stocks too, mostly for high income and a little fun!)

Hmmm, I recall my good friend Goosey taking me to task for daring to express praise for Warren Buffet. Goosey was all-in for Musk's companies. Yo, Goosey, I hold Ford stock too, and Ford's EV truck was just named "EV Truck of the Year"!

How can one person, Goosey, be wrong about everything? He's batting 1.000 for being wrong. If Goosey was a blind squirrel...he would never find a nut. Poor guy.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Tesla is crashing. Just saw a pundit from a Wall Street investment firm setting a price target for Tesla of $85. It's about $150 now. Musk just sold another $3.5 billion worth of Tesla stock, hello! and goodbye! I like Elon Musk and wish him no ill-will, but as I posted some months ago, I have not invested even a dime in any of his companies. Not Tesla, not Spacex, and not Twitter either, none of 'em. Instead, as I posted, I follow the Warren Buffet model of "slow and steady," and I hold "boring" stock in companies like Coca-Cola, Johnson & Johnson, Proctor & Gamble, etc... (and some riskier stocks too, mostly for high income and a little fun!)

Hmmm, I recall my good friend Goosey taking me to task for daring to express praise for Warren Buffet. Goosey was all-in for Musk's companies. Yo, Goosey, I hold Ford stock too, and Ford's EV truck was just named "EV Truck of the Year"!

How can one person, Goosey, be wrong about everything? He's batting 1.000 for being wrong. If Goosey was a blind squirrel...he would never find a nut. Poor guy.
    Hyundai's Ioniq 5 EV won a bunch of awards too. You knew sooner or later real car manufacturers were going to get in and be able to produce comparable vehicles much cheaper. --- I'll be honest, Hyundai has impressed me the last few years. I used to own a Hyundai Veloster N and it was one of the most fun vehicles I have ever driven. They "get" driving these days.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I don’t own any stock in any of Musk companies. With that said, Tesla has been a huge winner for those that have been in it for awhile.

Having a loose cannon as a CEO comes with certain risks too. The Musk persona has boosted its valuation, but now seems to be becoming an albatross.

He should stick to innovation companies. His social disposition is a detriment for a company like Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    Hyundai's Ioniq 5 EV won a bunch of awards too. You knew sooner or later real car manufacturers were going to get in and be able to produce comparable vehicles much cheaper. --- I'll be honest, Hyundai has impressed me the last few years. I used to own a Hyundai Veloster N and it was one of the most fun vehicles I have ever driven. They "get" driving these days.
    Hyundai Genesis, baby! Best car I have ever owned. Mine was a 390hp, 8-cylinder, plenty enough "get up and go!" I sold it to a friend who LOVED my car and paid me "too much" for it. It is an awesome automobile. I sometimes wish I still owned it.

I have driven...Enterprise rent-a-car....other Hyundais, like the Sonata, and an SUV, and found them to be well-built, quality vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I don’t own any stock in any of Musk companies. With that said, Tesla has been a huge winner for those that have been in it for awhile.

Having a loose cannon as a CEO comes with certain risks too. The Musk persona has boosted its valuation, but now seems to be becoming an albatross.

He should stick to innovation companies. His social disposition is a detriment for a company like Twitter.
    My buddy! Glad you posted.

Musk is exactly what Twitter needed. Now, I can agree, that he needs to turn over the everyday operation of the company to someone else...as long as that someone else understands and maintains the concept of free speech.

Elon Musk needs to buy Yahoo too.

I posted a 100% truthful/accurate comment about E Trade's "organizational fee" they charged me, $38, for a recent stock option involving a stock I hold and the issuing of a new stock as the result of a merger. I simply posted on Yahoo Finance on the board of the issuing company(stock) that fact.

Yahoo rejected my truthful/factual comment on the basis the "some in the community may find your comment offensive."

But no, censorship isn't happening with the "big tech" social media firms, er, right? Of course, in this particular case it's not a political censorship, since I assume Yahoo doesn't know my political leanings...or, do they?

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

The Bidenites are mad that Chevron is buying back shares (to the tune of $75 billion). Well, Sleepy Joe, Chevron has a fiduciary duty to its shareholders and that's none of your business. If Biden would adhere to his fiduciary duty to American taxpayers we'd all be better off.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

The Bidenites are mad that Chevron is buying back shares (to the tune of $75 billion). Well, Sleepy Joe, Chevron has a fiduciary duty to its shareholders and that's none of your business. If Biden would adhere to his fiduciary duty to American taxpayers we'd all be better off.
    I'm loving the price action after this move AND increasing the dividend! Great AMERICAN company.

Biden's ultimate stupidity has led to unintended consequences. Fortunately, in America he cannot be a dictator....yet.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    I'm loving the price action after this move AND increasing the dividend! Great AMERICAN company.
    LOL! From 185+ to 170 in about a week or so! I guess I'm not loving the price action anymore.

Not selling, though. I will likely leave this Earth with that stock in my account.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    LOL! From 185+ to 170 in about a week or so! I guess I'm not loving the price action anymore.

Not selling, though. I will likely leave this Earth with that stock in my account.
    Just means Chevron's $75 billion will buy back more shares. That's good for investors with steady hands, buy & hold, in the long term.

Keep your powder dry. That's the advice of some market gurus who say the market has already peaked for 2023 and it's all downhill from here. Given who's "in charge" in the WH, this is probably true.

Poor ole Elon...

now his SpaceX rocket, called "Starship" exploded in mid-flight. Failure. Said to be the most powerful rocket ever built. More powerful than the Saturn 5? If so, wow!

Apparently, after a successful launch, the failure occurred because the booster rocket stage did not detach from the vehicle, and when the main engines ignited the booster was still attached causing the explosion. Back to the drawing board Mr. Musk.

Oh, this will have an impact on SpaceX stock and probably on everything Musk owns.

+ Reply to Thread