+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock Market- Investing

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Stock Market- Investing

I have held REITs and MLPs in the past and did well with them. Just have never fooled with ETFs before. But, I am willing to give it a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

REVS looks inviting.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Estimates are a fresh $40 billion will be invested in the stock market from the latest "stimmy." That should inflate the bubble nicely!

Oakland A's selling luxury box suites, $65,000, and taking Bitcoins for payment. Interesting.

Check out CBTC...do your DD!

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Estimates are a fresh $40 billion will be invested in the stock market from the latest "stimmy." That should inflate the bubble nicely!
    Saw an article today that said many people plan to use this latest stimmy on travel and not on gamestop..

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...onomic-opening

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Saw an article today that said many people plan to use this latest stimmy on travel and not on gamestop..

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...onomic-opening
    Maybe...but there is still a lot of noise of about $40 billion being invested. The total stimmy is $400 billion, for 40 of that to be invested is not unreasonable.

I have held REITs and MLPs in the past and did well with them. Just have never fooled with ETFs before. But, I am willing to give it a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

REVS looks inviting.
    Opened a holding with 500 shares of REVS, just to test the ETF waters.

Anyone playing the GME stock buy/sell game?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Anyone playing the GME stock buy/sell game?
    Been watching that one from the sideline. The short squeeze made sense. The current stock price doesn’t. It doesn’t fit my investing strategy at all to play in these type of stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Been watching that one from the sideline. The short squeeze made sense. The current stock price doesn’t. It doesn’t fit my investing strategy at all to play in these type of stocks.
    Surely the shorts have been squeezed out by now, or will be by the time this peak-valley surge is over. Woe be the short who jumps in again. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice!???

This doesn't fit my investing strategy either. But! I mean...for some play money, wouldn't hurt to pick up a 100 shares at the right LOW price, just for kicks, eh. I did okay, in and out with VUZI. Doubled my money in about 3 weeks.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Surely the shorts have been squeezed out by now, or will be by the time this peak-valley surge is over. Woe be the short who jumps in again. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice!???

This doesn't fit my investing strategy either. But! I mean...for some play money, wouldn't hurt to pick up a 100 shares at the right LOW price, just for kicks, eh. I did okay, in and out with VUZI. Doubled my money in about 3 weeks.
    I have been buying gold and silver for 25+ years now. Early on... only bought maybe dozen or two dozen coins/bars a year.. last 6-8 years been buying more.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, invest in sugar and whisky. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    I have been buying gold and silver for 25+ years now. Early on... only bought maybe dozen or two dozen coins/bars a year.. last 6-8 years been buying more.
    I have never bought gold-silver. I have held gold/silver mining stocks. Except, for some gold I had inherited and sold back in 2012 or 2013 when it topped $1,700/ounce. That was a whopping 8.5 oz. I see those Lear Capital commercials, with that actor, and have thought about it, but have never pulled the trigger.

You don't hold physical gold, do ya?

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Nah, invest in sugar and whisky. 
    Irish whisky!

I have never bought gold-silver. I have held gold/silver mining stocks. Except, for some gold I had inherited and sold back in 2012 or 2013 when it topped $1,700/ounce. That was a whopping 8.5 oz. I see those Lear Capital commercials, with that actor, and have thought about it, but have never pulled the trigger.

You don't hold physical gold, do ya?
    Yeah I actually have physical gold and silver.. Obviously I don't have large gold bars ( 5 or 10 oz..) due to price. I do have larger silver bars.. For me, it's fun to have, and it is my safety net if the dollar loses it's value. I have smaller 1oz silver bars/coins and 1-10 gram gold and 1oz gold to use as currency if ever needed. It is not my primary retirement platform in any way.. it has always been something extra I've dabbled in..

ETA: I think the actor you are thinking of is William Devane..

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

It isn’t really a question of “IF” the dollar is going to lose its value. It WILL because (for better AND worse) that is what Fed policy objectives require. Relative to other currencies, who knows?

If we successfully destroy the power of the US dollar, whether by making it more volatile than other competing currencies or by abusing it in foreign policy (I.e., sanctions for its use in connection with transactions with our enemies), that would become really big headwind to a US economy that has benefited from the dollar being the global reserve currency.

Alternative assets (precious metals, crypto, art, collectibles), kept in reasonable allocations (less than 10 percent total) are generally considered appropriate as part of a diversified portfolio. Of course, it trades off with productive assets (including those that can thrive in an inflationary environment), so you wouldn’t want to go overboard. Of course, YMMV...if your primary objective is capital preservation rather than growth or income, maybe you could justify a greater tilt to alternative assets.

+ Reply to Thread