+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 21-22 Roster

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Re: 21-22 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Well, yanno what they say, "The one-eyed man is king in the land of the blind". Kasen is listed as 6'1", 190 pounds on Lamar's website, but I'm not so sure he is that tall. If you have a CUSA-TV subscription you can watch him play against Tech back in December. https://conferenceusa.com/watch/defa...14&path=latech

I think he will be a valuable contributor, but I don't see him getting 30+ minutes a game. In looking back over the past few seasons, not many Tech players have averaged over 30 minutes a game.
    I guess I overlooked transfer Keaston Willis averaged 33.8 minutes a game last year (silly me since it is posted earlier in this thread). If mega minutes played = fantastic individual talent level instead of low overall team talent and a short bench, Tech is getting some great transfers. Tech may be able to play hard and fast for 40 minutes with great talent up and down the bench. Is there a one-year sit out rule, or will Kasen and Keaston be able to play next year? I know there can be waivers if automatic immediate eligibility is not an option. Are there any special COVID rules regarding transfers?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Everyone is eligible this year, I believe

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Everyone is eligible this year, I believe
    I think you are right.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

free transfer for everyone in the country this year, which is the biggest reason to hope konkol stays.

we look to b the beneficiary of this rule if we keep Konkol, and that young, exciting trio of texans.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    free transfer for everyone in the country this year, which is the biggest reason to hope konkol stays.

we look to b the beneficiary of this rule if we keep Konkol, and that young, exciting trio of texans.

Where do you think he might go?

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

he will get some looks, but I think he stays at this point

I don't know what his options are, but he is thinking about a decision. I would think stay at Tech, transfer to a basketball school, or go overseas and try to play pro. I know the money can vary greatly overseas, not sure what he could make.

https://twitter.com/AmorieAnthony/st...03434738425857

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    I don't know what his options are, but he is thinking about a decision. I would think stay at Tech, transfer to a basketball school, or go overseas and try to play pro. I know the money can vary greatly overseas, not sure what he could make.

https://twitter.com/AmorieAnthony/st...03434738425857
    I would think there will be greater options next year to play overseas. I'd like to see him stay at TECH for another year. All of the teams are going to be interesting next year. Do you know when the players have to declare what they are doing for next year?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

And with the NCAA giving seniors an extra year of eligibility, Jacolby Pemberton, Andrew Gordon, Amorie Archibald and Exavian Christon all need to make a decision. Konkol said he expects Christon to return, while the other three are looking at all options and he anticipates their decisions within the next two weeks.

Konkol said Louisiana Tech remains in the market for a versatile power forward and that the staff could go either transfer portal, junior college or high school prospect to find that player.
    https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sp...ed/7108611002/

Varsity Bulldog tech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of lighttech_dawg_fan is a glorious beacon of light tech_dawg_fan's Avatar

I haven't seen it posted here, but an additional plus to the addition of Kasen Harrison is his connection with JR. From what I've heard, he's one of JR's best friends and they grew up playing ball together. They have a lot of chemistry already developed, so we now have someone who can help getting the ball to JR if anything happens to Cobe again next year (so we don't have a repeat of what happened in the conference tournament). We didn't only bring him here to keep JR happy, but it certainly helps.

Quote Originally Posted by tech_dawg_fan View Post
    I haven't seen it posted here, but an additional plus to the addition of Kasen Harrison is his connection with JR. From what I've heard, he's one of JR's best friends and they grew up playing ball together. They have a lot of chemistry already developed, so we now have someone who can help getting the ball to JR if anything happens to Cobe again next year (so we don't have a repeat of what happened in the conference tournament). We didn't only bring him here to keep JR happy, but it certainly helps.
    And Willis played AAU with Cobe, so hopefully lots of chemistry already

@coryDiaz: Some #LATech hoops news: Guard Thailand Elder has entered the transfer portal

@coryDiaz: Some #LATech hoops news: Guard Thailand Elder has entered the transfer portal
    Sucks that we didn’t get a chance to see him play

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Sucks that we didn’t get a chance to see him play
    Elder wasn't really able to show much in the few minutes of mop-up duty he got at the end of games. But I'm sure he looked at the "hot shots" who are transferring to Tech and didn't see there being much chance of increased playing time anytime soon. There are always going to be players on a team in D-1 who would probably be starters/stars on teams in a lower division, or at a school in a less competitive conference. When someone who is a star in high school lands on a college team and realizes he is not a top player on a team - it is difficult to accept a minor role. I wish him well and hope he finds a school that will be a good fit for him.

+ Reply to Thread