+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The Other Tournament

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: The Other Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    UCLA looks VERY impressive tonight. Hard to believe the Bruins lost 9 games this season and finished 4th in the Pac 12.

THIS is a really good basketball game.
    Yeah somebody forgot to tell UCLA that Gonzaga was supposed to win easily and by double digits.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Wow! Just Wow!!

After UCLA puts back an apparent game tying layup with only 3 seconds left in OT, Gonzaga's Jalen Suggs hits a running 40-foot desperation 3-pointer to win as time expires! Yes, the BANK WAS OPEN!

FINAL SCORE
    :

Gonzaga 93
    UCLA 90

This was the best basketball game I've seen in a long, long time.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Holy crap!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Pretty good game...could have been better.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Wow! Just Wow!!

After UCLA puts back an apparent game tying layup with only 3 seconds left in OT, Gonzaga's Jalen Suggs hits a running 40-foot desperation 3-pointer to win as time expires! Yes, the BANK WAS OPEN!

FINAL SCORE
    :

Gonzaga 93
    UCLA 90

This was the best basketball game I've seen in a long, long time.
    Ditto

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree about the quality of the late game if you don’t have a dog in the fight. Good back and forth and lots of great play making. If you are strictly looking at execution, I prefer the Baylor performance. Complete domination on both ends of the floor.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

If they hope to win it all, the Zags will have to play better Monday than they did vs. UCLA.

Seems like a few calls inside of the 5 minute mark in regulation went their way, calls and non-calls.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I agree about the quality of the late game if you don’t have a dog in the fight. Good back and forth and lots of great play making. If you are strictly looking at execution, I prefer the Baylor performance. Complete domination on both ends of the floor.
    But the Baylor performance was built at least in part on Houston's poor performance.

Houston's game is to hit some shots and go get the rebounds on a bunch of their misses. Last night in the first ten minutes the Cougars were doing just that and were right in the game. After that Houston hit almost nothing and didn't get the ball back anywhere near enough when it did miss. That's a recipe to get blown out, and that's what happened.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I've thought about the UCLA - Zag game over the last 24 hours, since I didn't want to rush to judgement...

That may have been the best game I have ever witnessed on tv or in person - ever - especially considering what was at stake

They put on a show for the ages
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I've thought about the UCLA - Zag game over the last 24 hours, since I didn't want to rush to judgement...

That may have been the best game I have ever witnessed on tv or in person - ever - especially considering what was at stake

It was epic for sure! Since I have one daughter at Baylor this year, and 2 next year, we have enjoyed watching Baylor all year. It was scary to watch that game. I'd love to see another repeat for Baylor with the game in hand all the way tonight, but I am fairly certain that is not going to be the case. Hopefully the Bears will come out on top! I thought all year the 2 best teams were Baylor and Gonzaga, but man, UCLA played amazingly well in the tournament. They were quite entertaining to watch.

Looking forward to a great game, that’s for sure. Has a chance to be one we will remember for decades.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

I agree, Dwayne. There were lots of big plays in this one. I knew Gonzaga could play at that level, but I did't think UCLA could. But UCLA brought it. And it wasn't just "luck". UCLA's Johnny Juzang (29 pts) and Jaime Jaquez (19 pts) are as good as any two players in the country. And on the other end, it's not as if Gonzaga didn't bring it; Drew Timme (25 pts) scored 3 consecutive back-to back baskets --and took a major charge call off Juzang driving hard to the basket-- all in OT after Timme already had 4 fouls!

This was the best NCAA Tournament game I've seen since the Grant Hill to Christian Laettner full court pass that allowed the Duke Blue Devils to beat Kentucky back in 1992.

This was just great basketball on BOTH ends.

Okay. I confess. Miley Cyrus just did a GREAT cover of "American Woman" on the pregame show tonight. I honestly didn't know she could do that.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

I like seeing Stanford winning on the ladies side. It had been 29 years since their last championship, of course they made the tournament every year since that last championship. I am hoping this is the last men's tournament played without the Bulldogs of Louisiana Tech for a while. I think we are due. It's been well over a generation since our last invite. Many of our fans were not yet born the last time we danced. Let's hope our very veteran team returns next season.

+ Reply to Thread