+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: League Foes LA Tech, WKU Battle for Spot in NIT Final Four

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Re: League Foes LA Tech, WKU Battle for Spot in NIT Final Four

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I just don't see what everyone else seems to see in Bassey. He's good, yes, and he's tall...and you can't coach height. He has his moments. But, I have watched him play a bunch now...and I simply don't agree with the hype.

I'll take Junior over Bassey any day.

I also don't see what everyone seems to see in WKU. They are good, no question, but all year all I heard was ONLY WKU was worthy of an at-large bid, they are the best in CUSA, hands down, blah, blah, blah...when it mattered the most UNT and Tech dispatched WKU.
    Both announcers agreed with your assessment on Bassey. They said he is good player - will be NBA player but that is it.
    When it came to Lofton Jr - you could hear the excitement from both announcers. That kid is special.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Was Junior's most entertaining play 1)Fast break dunk or 2) Running the length of the court behind the media table before going back onto the court? I liked both!!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Was Junior's most entertaining play 1)Fast break dunk or 2) Running the length of the court behind the media table before going back onto the court? I liked both!!!!
    Both!!!
    “Life in the fast lane!”

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Zebras kept WKU in it with plenty of lousy calls. At times we didn't help ourselves with some poor decisions and missed FTs....but! in the end, got it done.

Great job Dawgs!
    That's exactly what I said we had to watch out for. If you notice, there were significantly more calls putting WKU on line a lot more in the 2nd half.

This was a great win for the Bulldogs. Does this make LA Tech the regular season conference champions? WKU won the east and Tech won the west.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Gordon played him really well...so did Lofton.
    You are correct. I was fortunate enough to be in attendance tonight. Both Gordon and Lofton played very good offense and defense against Massey. Frankly, I was surprised that Gorldon and Lofton went right at Massey the way they did., but it was the right thing to do. Lofton ended up with 11 points and Gordon with 4, for a combined 15 points. Massey scored 15. So it evened out. Up against a star player like Charles Massey, I'll take that performance every week.

I just don't see what everyone else seems to see in Bassey. He's good, yes, and he's tall...and you can't coach height. He has his moments. But, I have watched him play a bunch now...and I simply don't agree with the hype.

I'll take Junior over Bassey any day.

I also don't see what everyone seems to see in WKU. They are good, no question, but all year all I heard was ONLY WKU was worthy of an at-large bid, they are the best in CUSA, hands down, blah, blah, blah...when it mattered the most UNT and Tech dispatched WKU.
    I agree with this. Good post. At best, WKU was the 3rd best team in CUSA this year.

This game, combined with UNT's win over WKU, should stop any talk about the Western CUSA not being the best this year. Western CUSA was clearly better than the east this year.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Bulldogs Shoot Their Way into NIT Final Four

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

"If I see that first one go down, I feel like it is going to be a long night for the other team."

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

What a game! I hate that our 3 point shooting is streaky, because if we shoot like that for 2 more games, the NIT is completely ours. I don't think Mississippi State is as good as Ole' Miss, honestly. Anyway, when we are on, we are on. As for WKU, they are good - I won't say anything negative about them. As for as I am concerned, CUSA had 3 teams that needed to be in the NCAA this year. It is up to us to show that now. HOW BOUT DEM DAWGS!!!!!!!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I had posted if Crawford gave us a double-double we would beat WKU for sure. Well, he came up short, had 9 points, but was only 2 of 5 from the FT line, and had just TWO rebounds. He also had 4 turnovers. Not his best game...

Going forward I think we need Crawford to step up if we are to win this thing. The teams left, Moo State, Memphis, Colorado State are basically the same type of teams. They are guard & "small" forward oriented. That is who Crawford is. Of course, winning the NIT does not all fall on his shoulders, but I think he is a key, a HUGE key, to our success. He sometimes looks like a deer in headlights out there. Relax IC, you are good and can get it done.

We also need Archibald to shine. Cobe's hand will not be healed by this weekend so we need our other guards to handle business. AA has too many turnovers, well, he had just 3 last night, but that is deceiving. He is not good in traffic, so he plays it safe, making the easy passes. That doesn't help create offense. And AA needs to step it up, Ledoux too, on defense. Opposing guards are having too easy a time setting up their offense.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Best part was watching Jr’s dad after that dunk.
    The announcers missed out on a pretty good story standing beside SR last night. That athletic looking fella celebrating with SR was none other than... Jamaal Charles, one of the best athletes in the history of Texas.

I know that is saying a lot, but, I am just saying. http://www.jamaalcharles25.com/the-story/

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

i know that is a long read, but it is worth it when you have time. Very inspiring, and a couple of people we are growing to love have a fairly significant role, which is why he was cheering on the DAWGS last night

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Props to Ledoux, had a huge night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Ledoux 20 points, 6-7 from 3, 6 rebounds, only 1 turnover. Awesome night for that young man.
    Fantastic game for him.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Yes!

Crawford fighting through and then Jr's steal and slam is grit!
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=31138035

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Someone uploaded the entire game on Youtube

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    YES

+ Reply to Thread