+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arkansas Tech's Wonder Boys of 1945

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Arkansas Tech's Wonder Boys of 1945

No, it's not a story about Louisiana Tech, but I came across this historical story about the Arkansas Tech "Wonder Boys" college football team while looking for stories about LA Tech. I'm a history buff, and this is a well-written story about Arkansas Tech's 1945 football team that finished 8-0, and defeated their opponents by a combined score of 311-6. Interestingly, their toughest opponent that season was a school from Louisiana, now known as ULM.

Most of the A-Tech players in this story had their college careers interrupted by World War II obligations and came back to finish their college careers as 24 and 25 yr old men after the war ended. To top it off, there's also a smattering of on-field game photos from some of the games, which I also find very interesting. God bless those leather helmets!

Maybe our own BullPupN'46 has some strong memories of those days, and will share some more of his views about college football back then. I love it when he comments about the old days of LA Tech football. Anyway, for you guys that like history and football, enjoy this "off-season" football topic.

https://www.arkansastechnews.com/75-...5-wonder-boys/

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Arkansas Tech's Wonder Boys of 1945

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    No, it's not a story about Louisiana Tech, but I came across this historical story about the Arkansas Tech "Wonder Boys" college football team while looking for stories about LA Tech. I'm a history buff, and this is a well-written story about Arkansas Tech's 1945 football team that finished 8-0, and defeated their opponents by a combined score of 311-6. Interestingly, their toughest opponent that season was a school from Louisiana, now known as ULM.

Most of the A-Tech players in this story had their college careers interrupted by World War II obligations and came back to finish their college careers as 24 and 25 yr old men after the war ended. To top it off, there's also a smattering of on-field game photos from some of the games, which I also find very interesting. God bless those leather helmets!

Maybe our own BullPupN'46 has some strong memories of those days, and will share some more of his views about college football back then. I love it when he comments about the old days of LA Tech football. Anyway, for you guys that like history and football, enjoy this "off-season" football topic.

https://www.arkansastechnews.com/75-...5-wonder-boys/
    Great stuff HD -

You need to look at all the old stuff we are putting on the Claiborne Parish Library's site -

It's a new project we started within the last year

https://www.cplibrary.org/claiborne-parish-history

I think you would get a kick out of it
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Great stuff HD -

You need to look at all the old stuff we are putting on the Claiborne Parish Library's site -

It's a new project we started within the last year

https://www.cplibrary.org/claiborne-parish-history

I think you would get a kick out of it
    Nice. Thanks for sending that.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Claiborne Parish has history? Who'd a thunk it!?

And thanks HD, good stuff about Arkansas Tech. They have a pretty campus in a great setting.

+ Reply to Thread